LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Messing and Mindfulness

Messing a diaper can be a great exercise in mindfulness, living in the moment. The "moment" is all we have, the past no longer exists, and the future is yet out of reach, at least in conventional time-space, but perhaps different in the quantum world. As adults we can get distracted and derailed with the past and the future that places us at risk for depression and anxiety. Messing my diaper and focusing on all the sensations, both physical and emotional, as I mess and after my diaper is full is a great exercise in mindfulness. Just like watching a toddler mess his/her diaper once they have the requisite sphincter sensations; I get a momentary glassy eye gaze as I mess and enjoy the cascade of physical and emotional sensations of pooping in my diaper. The lesson here is that messing my diaper is a way to practice self-care and mental health. Maybe, those of us who enjoy the moment of messing our diapers are ahead of the curve. An exercise in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is to pay attention in the moment to your environment, and soak in (no pun intended) as many concurrent physical senses as is possible: visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, and tactile. Couple the physical mindfulness with the emotional catharsis of messing my diaper, and I am firmly embedded in the moment.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1