LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question about Bladder Retention after Long Term Diaper Usage

I’ve been using diapers to manage a range of incontinence issues. After using diapers to manage my issues I found it much easier to just use my diapers in lieu of the toilet if I could make it. Part of this is the functional incontinence of diapers and taking them off, getting undressed and removing the plastic pants etc. If I need them 70% of the time why try for the other 30%? It’s a huge hassle and this is why use the diapers now. 

I usually just release when the urge hits because I have severe pain if I hold it. After over a month of solid 247 usage I find that I’m dribbling more now and the frequency increasing more of my wettings. I’ve just stopped caring all the time, though I still notice from time to time, especially when painful obviously. 

My question is that I have seen on this forum and ADISC multiple people saying that not using the bladder will cause it to atrophy, to a point where you will have to use a catheter to empty later in life. I definitely don’t want to use a catheter. I can’t stand them. While I find the diapers work well for me now I’m still pretty young and don’t want to be manually catheterizing myself when I’m 45+. The comments go something like if you relax your bladder and just let it go over time, it will atrophy, harden, and then not be able to expel liquid. The sphincters will close shut and you will have to manually expel. 

Realizing that some people with certain nerve and spinal injuries have this, my question is just about the evolving bladder rest and atrophy that diapers usage alone may cause for someone without existing retention issues.

Does anyone have actual proof of this bladder hardening and forcing of manually categorization for release after extended diaper usage? Is there scientific data to use as a source? I’d be happy with anecdotal responses but please if you state something as fact, please provide sourcing data or references. If it’s just what you’ve experienced, please share away with your personal history! Thank you! 

@PuraVidaDip I don't know whether you will accept this information from me... however...

Long term diaper usage will reduce the bladders ability to expand, and therefore the relevant triggers that effect the internal bladder sphincter. Both will athrophy and usually in the small size with the sphincter in the relaxed state. Some notice this with bladder spasming, something a infant bladder does.

However, since the external bladder sphincter is being triggered by pressure, it releases and one notices dribbling as opposed to the previous pressured flow that was caused from a expanding and contracting bladder. This is refered to as 'overflow' uncontrolled urine loss.

The bladder is still being compressed by the weight of internal organs, laughter etc.... which some refer to as 'stress' based uncontrolled urine loss.

Since both are uncontrolled (overflow / stress), it is a class of incontinence.

WARNING - DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK

Normally, there are no futher complications with this since the external sphincter, being fully functional, prevents infections (UTIs) and the need for catheters. To keep this function healthy, some studies believe that in males, during sexual release both sphinters are triggered - internal to close tight and external to open. Due to partial to full athropy of the internal sphincter, it doesn't close so the fluid can enter the bladder. Postcoidal, the kidneys go into overdive and fill the bladder to clean the urethra. This means a simple test of athrophied internal sphincter is to masterbate and on release, close the urethra by pinching the organ. In the internal sphincter is working and closed, the reverse pressure will expel this back out. If the internal sphincter is open and relaxed, the fluid will enter the bladder. Post codial, this will be expelled and ones urine will be partially cloudy. This you will see in a glass / cup and not in a diaper, so the whole method should be performed in a bath / sitting on a toilet.

This method will prove to you the action of each of your sphincters.

Be carefull, as if the bladder is full and will not expand, you may feel pain. At the first sign of pain, let everything go to avoid this fluid neign forced into the kidneys.

• Thanks 1