LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have expired foley catheters - how can I make them safe for use (sterilize Foley catheters?)

DL-Boy

I have about 1.5 boxes of yellow latex 14fr catheters and almost a full box of silicone catheters (~15 latex, ~8 silicone) which are all past their expiration date by over a year (2019/2020 expiry).  Is there a way to make them safe for use without trashing almost $100 worth of Foleys?  I also have two expired  but unused BellyBags as well.  Is there any danger of using an expired but not re-sterilized BellyBag with a sterile or resterilized catheter?

• 1 month later...

It turns out that only my Amsino silicone Foley catheters have expired, and they're only slightly out of date.  They expired 8/9/2021.  My Rusch yellow latex Foley catheters are good through 11/28/2023. 

My three remaining BellyBags however, were expired when I bought then two years ago - expiring in July 2019.

My 10ml sterile saline syringes expired in two days, 12/31/2021 and my DynaLube sterile lube packets expired 11/2020.

So I guess I can play Russian Roulette with UTIs, right?  Mind you, I always try to pre-test the balloons on the Foleys before insertion because I'm terrified of a lumen failure that prevents the balloon from deflating.