LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Does ~Brian~ Carry in his "Go Bag"? [UPDATED: March 5, 2022]

[for some reason, this post got buried again, and I cant link directly to the original posting, so I am posting this information here.  I will also link this info in my "about me page" so that it does not get lost in the shuffle.  What happens is that it goes directly to the BOTTOM of the post, rather than to highlight what I want people to see. ~Brian~]

I  have the following in my "go bag" which is a large backpack:

- 1 Ziplock bag containing:  baby powder and 40% Zinc Oxide Diaper rash creme, Tin of Bag Balm, and sometimes Vasaline.

- 1 Package of Northshore Adult wipes, 50 count package.

- 10 Prevail Underpads.

- 5 Megamax Diapers.

- 1 "wet bag" so that If I have a pair of garywear incontinence underwear that gets wet, or messy, or if I have clothing that gets wet, I can bag that for later laundering.

- 1 "dry bag" for clothing that is removed.

- 5 black drawstring bags:  That way, can change, and get rid of dirty diapers, chux, wipes, and anything that is used during a change, that I can just bag and drop in the trash can at work, which is emptied weekly.

- 1 Box of "Northshore Discreet Hygiene Bags Dark Blue Color, which hides the contents of the bag. That way no one knows what is inside. This is A replacement to the “Heaven Scent disposal bags. NORTHSHORE now can supply me with these directly from the company, so this is why this has been changed [for disposal of Dirty Diapers or other things I need to dispose of]

- 1 Pair of street undies, in case I need them, and dry socks in case I need them for a change

- 2 Garywear Incontinence Briefs (In case the pair I am wearing gets wet/dirty, and I need to throw it in the "wet bag)

Outside Pockets:  Left: Reading Glasses and sun lenses, and when needed a backup water bottle for HOT days.

Right: 32 Ounce Stainless Steel Water Container with Sport Top (By Hydroflask)

You also should watch out for the following things;

1.  ALWAYS RESTOCK the "Go Bag" when you use any of the supplies in it. if You use, lets say 7 diapers and 7 chux, you REPLACE the stuff in your bag, so that you always have that amount of supplies (10 Diapers, 10 Chux) available. 

2.  ALWAYS carry your Wipes, powder, creme, vasaline, or whatever you use as a barrier creme, and when it gets LOW, restock:  You NEVER know when they will be needed, and they can come in HANDY when you have a rash or a situation when you need to clean up a "blowout".

3.  Make sure that your "wet bag" articles get removed and washed within a couple days, or they will most likely smell up the whole "go bag."

4.  Make sure that you have trash bags in your "go bag" so you can throw the diaper and all the used articles away, and when you use those, restock them.

5.  Get yourself a washable  chair pad so that you can put it down if you are staying somewhere so you minimize the damage to beds, chairs or couches, and then you can also keep the wetness from going down through the cushions. :)

Picture of My Go Bag

Edited by ~Brian~
Updated Information 3/5/22@ 08:17 AM
  • Like 2
  • ~Brian~ changed the title to What Does ~Brian~ Carry in his "Go Bag"? [UPDATED: March 5, 2022]
  • 1 year later...
On 4/8/2023 at 2:42 AM, TommyBubbles said:

Wow I carry less nappies than you, I think I'll add another in my bag

@TommyBubbles

I have learned from experience that if you are incontinent, you need to carry as many supplies as you can when you can, because you never ever know when you will have to use a nappy, or a trash bag, or have to have a pair of gloves, or anything else that you need. The fact that the situation that you find yourself in could be very easy to deal with, where you just take off a wet diaper roll it up and throw it away in a trash bag or in a disposal bag, or where you have a full out blowout, and you need to be able to clean up every square inch of wherever you are standing or sitting. luckily for me, when I've had a bad blowout, most of the time I can get to the toilet and drop 90% of it inside the toilet, but there's still times when you have major problems if you don't have the right tools and equipment to handle it.

I usually carry between 5 and 7 nappies, And the underpads to go with them because I'm not sure what I'm going to run into. If I'm in a public bathroom, especially when at work, it's not as bad, because the bathroom is specifically designed for the disabled. I just have to Make sure that all of my equipment is available, and I have enough. It is very important to make sure that anytime that you are dealing with this, that you have enough of everything that you need. This is why my go back is constantly being checked and filled with what needs to be filled. I think I've used three diapers at the last year out of this bag, and I'm gonna have to go through before I have my colonoscopy and make sure I have everything I need. as I said when you travel it is important that you have enough of whatever you need, especially if you go to someone else's house and you sleep in their recliners or their beds. you don't want to be making a mess and not have the proper things To clean it up.

Many people ask me what is an appropriate bag: an appropriate bag is based on what you need and what is easiest for you to deal with. people who drive a vehicle, usually would have a bag or some sort of ruck sack or backpack in their trunk or somewhere so that if they need to change they can quickly take the bag into a restroom and do it. This is due to the fact that you were sometimes unable to change right away and you might have to change in public if there is no way that you can get home in a reasonable time.

Your bag should be big enough to hold everything that you need. It should always be strong enough so that it will not disintegrate or fall apart, and it always should be within your reach, meaning that you could easily access it if you needed it. This is especially important if you are out and you have a major blowout and you need to be able to clean yourself up. Having dry clothes and other things will make sure that you can quickly change out of wet clothes and put them in a wet bag, and have all of your dry clothes available. the quickest way to make sure that you have what you need is to just check your bag before you go on a trip where you might need it. if your bag is missing nappies or anything else, put them in it and make sure that you keep the nappies and other things in your bag Dry and away from anything that might make them become wet.

I think I asked the question at one point whether you should have to change the nappies you already have in your bag after a few years. unless the Nappy is falling apart, I would think that it would be OK to keep in your back, but always keep an eye on your nappy supply and anything else in your bag And if something is not maintaining integrity, make sure you replace it. because of the fact that I've had to use topicals, I have to make sure that my topicals are available, and they're not drying out or otherwise causing trouble. you never know when you will need whatever you have in there, so it's always a good idea to make sure you have everything you need. if you have everything you need then it'll be a quick change, and if you have your system down, all you need is a couple of bags and a trash bag and then a trash barrel and you're back in business.

Always remember if you are always prepared, and you have your bag with you with the right equipment in it, a diaper change away from home might be a tad bit inconvenient because you might have to stand up but at least if you have everything you need, the diaper change can go quickly Karma because you know when you take off a dirty diaper what you want to do, you use your wipes and you throw those in your dirty bag, you end up taking your dirty clothes and putting them in a dirty bag, and then you end up taking The Dirty stuff out to the trash to be thrown away into the trash can, and then you deal with whatever's left. when you come home, you take your dirty clothes out of the bag and you put them in the laundry. I would not wait longer than 12 hours before you launder anything that you take out of your bag, because it can permeate the entire bag and make it unpleasant when you open it. Make sure you're keeping your bag clean dry and organized.

Brian

• 7 months later...