LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Punishments?

dlsafrica

Why would someone want to punish a baby of any age? Seriously... unless it's a kink thing. 

And what kind of things are considered punishable offenses?

I mean, I can sort of understand limit setting according to "play" age. 

The dynamic my wife and I had was that of a maternal one. I’m her little boy not a baby and I needed an occasional attitude adjustment just to know who was in charge. Peeing in my diaper was never a punishable offense.

• Like 1

For any number of reasons; with a little girl: babyishness, whininess, overactiveness, forwardness, gissipiness, trollopiness/being "unchaste" (not paying attention to your skirts and keepingt them down), and being too pround; general manipulativeness

as for what is done, since hitting or spanking was considered too coarse for a littel girl. Being put in diapers, rubber panties (and the "rubber diaper"), very short dresses or babydolls and excessive tickling. Anyone who has been heavily tickled knows what that can do. I have seen little ones cry just with being threatened with it. And how many persons here did not turn to jelly at  the mere mention ofs rubber panties in front of other people?

My parents generally reserved punishment (which ranged from getting sent to one's room for a period of time or losing a privilege to getting one's mouth washed out with soap or, on rare occasions, a spanking. The main offenses were deliberately disobeying, hitting/fighting, or foul language.

None of these would have been used on a baby or toddler, though. Babies don't know right or wrong and aren't bad, therefore there is no need to punish. If a baby is being disruptive or doing something that could result in getting hurt the best intervention is first to see if the baby has a need that isnt being met (food, diaper change, attention, stimulation, a nap) and meet it. Then try distraction and redirection with a toy or different activity if that doesn't work.

Starting around age 2 time out can be used for toddlers. One minute per year of age is a good guideline. Losing a privilege (watching a favorite TV show, a trip to the park, etc) works too. Again, they might be acting "bad" because they are hungry, tired, frustrated, etc so it's best to see if that's the case and do what you can to fix it before jumping right to discipline/punishment. You should give a warning first, such as "if you don't pick up your toys you will have to sit in time out," or "we aren't going to the park until you put your shoes on." Follow through with your threats and be consistent but don't overreact. And don't be unreasonable with your expectations for little ones