LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

started talking to a theripist

was recently diagnosed with C-PTSD and I have gotten some meds for it and starting talking to an online therapist. I have not brought up my age regression/diapers to her as I've only had one session with her right now and don't feel it an appropriate time to talking about my coping mechs with her but I'm also very nervous for this conversation....I've told people on here they should bring it up to their therapist because they need to know how you cope and what kind of trauma you have and stuff but telling someone you should do it and actually doing it yourself are two different things.....I don't plan to bring it up just yet because as I said I've only had one session with her.
but I know I will have to bring it up to her eventually and to say I'm nervous is an understatement I don't even know how to bring it up to her... 

• Like 1

I can relate to your situation, suzuki2011. I worked with a therapist about 15 years ago to help me deal with some traumatic memories and emotional issues. I wanted to tell her about my age regression and diaper-wearing, since it was something I felt I needed to talk about, but was unsure how open-minded she would be about it. I decided to ask some questions over the course of a few sessions to test her open-mindedness. In my first session, I mentioned that one of the ways I sometimes cope is by doing things that were comforting to me as a child - such as watching cartoons or coloring (no mention of diapers or ageplay). I asked her if she thought that was healthy, and she said "Absolutely", which was encouraging. Over the next few weeks, I would tell her about something childlike and comforting I had done over the past week - like reading a children's book - and gauge her reaction. It was always positive. After maybe five sessions, I asked her if she knew anything about infantilism. She smiled warmly and said "Yes, I've had a couple of clients who were part of that lifestyle." That was when I felt completely safe telling her my whole story.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Mike1975 said:

I can relate to your situation, suzuki2011. I worked with a therapist about 15 years ago to help me deal with some traumatic memories and emotional issues. I wanted to tell her about my age regression and diaper-wearing, since it was something I felt I needed to talk about, but was unsure how open-minded she would be about it. I decided to ask some questions over the course of a few sessions to test her open-mindedness. In my first session, I mentioned that one of the ways I sometimes cope is by doing things that were comforting to me as a child - such as watching cartoons or coloring (no mention of diapers or ageplay). I asked her if she thought that was healthy, and she said "Absolutely", which was encouraging. Over the next few weeks, I would tell her about something childlike and comforting I had done over the past week - like reading a children's book - and gauge her reaction. It was always positive. After maybe five sessions, I asked her if she knew anything about infantilism. She smiled warmly and said "Yes, I've had a couple of clients who were part of that lifestyle." That was when I felt completely safe telling her my whole story.

that's awesome and really reassuring 
thank you

Your therapist should react with empathy, warmth, and respect. She may inquire more to understand how diapers help your Complex PTSD symptoms. She may also inquire if and how diapers and age regression impairs any aspects of your life.  If there is no impairment then I suspect she will affirm the comfort you get from diapers. If diapers and age regression interferes rather than enhance activities of daily living this may be explored as well. The evidence-based treatment for PTSD is slow and empathic exposure and response prevention. Curious, what medication has been prescribed? Congratulations on getting help for PTSD.

Your definitely not alone. I have C-PTSD as well and have been working through things for the last 8 years. I've taken it really slow and there's been a lot of healing. I've found that I have learned to listen to myself and when it feels right share a bit more. My therapist also thinks doing things that look after my inner child is a good thing.

I have been seeing a therapist for almost a year now for Chronic PTSD, and General Anxiety Disorder. I was also in an intense therapy group both as a partial patient and then intense out patient therapy group. The last year and a half has been really difficult for me but I know I need to go through this so that I can enjoy life. At first I had not even mentioned my age regression or my three little inner children. However in the intense out patient group I had to do inner childhood work. My therapist that I am currently seeing knows about my littles, Maggie, Sarah, and Megan. She knows their ages, she sees the toys and stuffies that I bring to my therapy sessions. She completely understands why they exist. I have not nor do I plan on telling her about the diapers. 

7 hours ago, Moochie said:

Your therapist should react with empathy, warmth, and respect. She may inquire more to understand how diapers help your Complex PTSD symptoms. She may also inquire if and how diapers and age regression impairs any aspects of your life.  If there is no impairment then I suspect she will affirm the comfort you get from diapers. If diapers and age regression interferes rather than enhance activities of daily living this may be explored as well. The evidence-based treatment for PTSD is slow and empathic exposure and response prevention. Curious, what medication has been prescribed? Congratulations on getting help for PTSD.

effexor and lamotrigine

The therapist is there to helping you, not to judge you, the more he or she know about you, the more they will be able to help you

And the more that you wait, the harder it will be to say

It seems that over time you build a trusting relationship with your therapist and eventually you are afraid to tell her because you think you are going to disappoint her, not to mention the fact that it is very hard to say

In my case it was that, I was afraid to disappoint my therapist, but I did it and it was though but so happy afterward

Go go go! we send you strenght