LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting by with cheap medical diapers

The local Goodwill had some cheap medical diapers. It was like $2-3 for a pack of 10-12 diapers. I don't really flood my diapers anymore, its more of a dribble throughout the day. Suprisingly, I can get away with a cheap medical diaper for 3-4 hours of coverage. This isn't an option for people who flood but I think my bladder volume has also shrunk. 

A long time ago, when money was tight, I ordered a case of lower tier diapers from a company that was selling one the best diapers of that time. I was expecting a thinner less effective version of the top line diaper, what I got was a cheap institutional diaper. The tapes barely held, the fluff clumped badly, they were crap.

When I emailed the company, they were great, and actually apologized for the confusion and sent me a case of the good diapers. They were ABDL aware because they were selling the same diaper under "company name" and cuter ABDL name from two different websites.

No I don't remember which company it was.

I get most of my diapers from Goodwill.  They are lower end store type diapers like 4 tape Attends, Prevail, McKesson, Wings, things like that.  I did just get a 40 pack of Tena Ultra's cloth backed for $5.50.  What you need to know is I am not incontinent and unless I'm going out of town shopping or running errands for the day, I wear for maybe 3 hours when I get up early mornings once or twice a week.  These store brands work fine for that purpose.  If you wear all day, all night or for hours on end, premium diapers would be best unless you have no problem changing diapers every 3 to 4 hours.  Not recommended for incontinent people who wear 24/7, but for the price and how little I wear them once or twice a week, they work just fine!  Keep your expectations realistic, don't expect them to last 6 or more hours (average of about 3 to 4 depending on how much you wet) and they are a good bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Rusty Pins for your idea of using Goodwill as a source.  I am trying out multiple brief-style diapers because I have only worn the pull up style so far.  While at Volunteers of America today, I picked up a package of 24 Attends for $3.00.  I am going to add them to the diapers I am trying.  I do tend to flood so maybe they won't work for me, but I will give them a try.  Perhaps I can help defray the cost of my new obsession by not always using premium diapers.  It would be nice if I could pick and choose depending on my situation.