LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The 4 pillars of unpotty training

Hi all!

I had a cathartic moment this past weekend which I'm delighted to share in the hopes of inspiring others.  I've been untraining for years now and have made considerable progress.  But I was still frustrated and driving myself nuts.  I felt a constant need to 'test' to see if I was incontinent by going without diapers.  This resulted in many accidents; and yet I would focus on the one time I did stay dry.  Or I would get angsty on the rare occasions when I could sense my bladder filling, because it meant I still had to  chose using my diaper over the potty.  I did a ton of soul searching and concluded that there were two major worries:  1. Incontinence that comes from unpotty training is illegitimate; and 2.  Even if there is some incontinence, tape-diapers aren't truly needed to manage it.  I realized I had become obsessed with trying to prove that I had severe incontinence and the harder I tried the more frustrated I was when I stalled.  

Finally after hitting rock bottom I concluded I needed a fundamentally different approach.  I came up with these 4 pillars: 

1. If you can't fully control your bladder then you have urinary incontinence.
  2. Urinary incontinence caused by unpotty training is just as legitimate as incontinence caused by medical problems.
  3. The psychological benefit of wearing diapers is sufficient enough to justify their use for managing incontinence.
  4. Diapers are essential for further unpotty training and therefore are the best way to manage urinary incontinence due to unpotty training. 

Holy smokes!  Talk about a game changer!  It's like a light switch.  That pressure to prove I am severely incontinent, and thus diapers are needed has completely vanished.  And the best part?  Since I've adopted these 4 pillars my bladder control has plummeted.  With this type of incontinence the appropriate management is using diapers. Whether or not my bladder can or cannot hold pee is irrelevant.   I noticed I'm not paying attention to my bladder nearly as much, which has the effect of making me not even notice when I have to go!  Pretty cool, huh?

I would say if you're like me and stalling and obsessing about your bladder, give yourself permission to treat your incontinence as legitimate and rest assured that diapers are the best way to mange your incontinence.  You'll be pleasantly surprised at your results!  ?  

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive come close to making myself incontinent. I just wore diapers all the time. Even if I didnt feel the need to go, I would periodically stop and relax and let go what little was there. I also drank a lot to keep the urine flowing. Eventually I would just not think about it. I would still be able to hold it but I would get into a routine of letting go as I was in the middle of things. Eventually I got to where small amounts would start dribbling out. When they didnt I trained myself to not stop them. I got as far as where I would start to bed wet. That was the farthest I got and I would stop for different reasons. It can be done. Ya got to train your brain that its just normal to wear diapers all the time and just let go.