LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Vintage Plastic Pants Measurements

Hello, everyone!

I'm reaching out to ask our collectors for help from anyone who has any vintage Gerber plastic pants from the 1970s or 1980s. I've been thinking a lot about my DL childhood and when I was a teenager in the mid 80s, I was able to wear Gerber Toddler sized plastic panties (and the Target version) until I was about 18. I have absolutely zero clue what my measurements were at the time.

If anyone happens to have any of the old Gerber or Target plastic pants in Toddler size (or JCPenney ToddleTime in the largest, which is Size 4 I think), would you be able to measure the waistband, legbands, and rise (from center of waistband to bottom of crotch) of them and post them here?

Thanks!

--Floaty

Size 4 Gerber pants from the 80’s, would be a toddler size of 35 pounds and over, and waist measurements of 21-22 inches. The suggested height in that range, would be 38-41 inches. Would that help you? 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

Size 4 Gerber pants from the 80’s, would be a toddler size of 35 pounds and over, and waist measurements of 21-22 inches. The suggested height in that range, would be 38-41 inches. Would that help you? 

Yes, thank you!

Although looking at myself now it makes it difficult to believe I had that small a waist as an 18 year old! *sigh* Those were the days!

--Floaty

@Floaty_BoyOk, I did some actual digging out of a few pairs of Gerber, Target, and a pair of Safety first, all toddler size. 
This is what I found. The measurements are of the waist, and from the waist, to the crotch, stretched, and flat measurement.  Gerber measures 16 inches at the waist, 9 inches down. Target measures 14 1/2 inches, and 10 inches down. The Safety First pants measure 14 1/2, inches, and 9 inches down. 
9D1A102F-7C3C-4CC1-A20E-A09635AAFBBB.jpeg

5E458620-22F0-4C5A-A56E-9178FA6853BB.jpeg0C770A04-42B5-4ED6-8BD4-003091D5A615.jpeg05BD3CA6-515A-4EB5-9C57-AEA1788779CB.jpeg

Here are some charts, I found too. 

60E3E3F6-1AAD-40B2-A06D-7EBF654D98FA.jpeg

BC27F583-0F19-4781-9B3E-971E5FCB75FD.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh wow! Thank you so very much!

I definitely remember the Target plastic pants being tighter than the Gerber, but I loved the smooth, shiny vinyl of the Target pants much better than the Gerber. I don't think I ever saw the Safety First pants. All I could get my hands on were Gerber, Target, and Toddle Time. I really liked the Toddle Time plastic-covered training pants, but even though I could fit into the Gerber/Target Toddler size, I just could not squeeze into even the largest of the Toddle Time.

Thank you again!

--Floaty

• Like 1

You’re welcome, it gave me something interesting to do on a lazy Sunday. I’m sure I have some of the Toddler Time somewhere, but I have so many full tote boxes, it’s hard to find any one thing. I saw a few smaller sizes of Toddler Time/Penny’s, but not the toddler sizes. Maybe someday, I’ll come on some in my diggings.