AwakenEvil

Gaming Poll  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a PF1 / PF2 Or Dungeons and Dragons Gamer

• Pathfinder 1
    • Pathfinder 2nd Edition
    • Dungeons and Dragons 3.x
    • Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition

I was wondering who all here games and what system they use? If they use software like Fantasy Grounds to remotely play. I personally am pretty proficient with Pathfinder First Edition, and I use FantasyGrounds to host remote games.  I have the first few adventure paths for PF2 and nearly everything for PF1 Willing to run a game if any a group is up for it!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Safari Baby said:

How much does it cost to get started and what the learning curve for someone just starting?  I haven't done DnD since highschool.

Fantasy Grounds itself has 3 cost levels. Demo version is free but very limited. The Base Version is $40(Plus books you buy and the game system) So think of the software and the corebook in PDF for Pathfinder(If you want the rule set) another $40 on top of the game. and the Ultimate edition (Which I use) is $150 but it allows me to run unlimited number of Demo games connected to my license and share my PDFs online to gamers(Thus you can make a character while I am online)

As far as learning. Its like anything else. If you pick and read/watch youtube videos fantasygrounds as a tabletop is easily learned.

Pathfinder itself... Takes a little time but reading again is the key point, and not being overwhelmed by a 600+ page book. Basically I tell new players. Focus on your race, class, feats, and skills. Combat, and other rules will come in time.

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

All I know about D&D is that you don't want to face the demogogon in the upside down!

Both Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder Demon Lords AKA Gods in most cases are terrifying monsters that are near impossible to kill.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Elbs said:

I use Dicecloud for 5e, still looking for something similar for 3.5.

Fantasy Grounds didn't work for me, just kept throwing up weird errors, so I gave up on it.

I enjoy 3.5 and pathfinder.

As far as the errors go - Did you contact FG or hit their support up?