LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I am going to buy Pre-Folds need questions answered

I Emailed Cloth Adult Cloth Diapers They said to get:

Leakmaster PUL Pull On Pants in Extra Small does that sound right? 27-28 waist legs 19-20 like the chart says.

And said we would recommend a size small for you prefolds. You can choose night or day weight, that will not differ on the size. Do I want Gauze or Birdseye. And not sure if I need Day or night? I am a heavy wetter days but not at night since I cut my self off of drinking. And some times do not wet at night. I use Mega Max "Smalls" days and it is over kill 50% of the time but they fit me 100%. Does anyone make Snappi Cloth Diaper Clips for adults? Is the Toddler size as large as they come?

Thanks In Advance

To answer in reverse order.

I haven't used Snappis, but I've seen pics of rather large ABs using them. So you shouldn't need adult versions.

If you have Day weight, you can always use a second or something else as additional soakers, an overnight can't be made thinner.

Material is up to personal preference. You might, and probably should start off with a small purchase to find out what, or if you like them first.

Size is the same thing.

• Thanks 1

Fabric choice is something personal. Both gauze and birdseye have their merits. I am a cloth prefold....... "Enthusiast" ( I guess) and have found gauze is very soft, absorbent and generally a wonderful  fabric, BUT...it has a short service life as is is not really a "durable" fabric, so it will wear out faster than birdseye.

Birdseye is a more.....umm.. "robust" fabric, and will last a good long time, and tends to get softer over time with multiple washings, but it isn't quite as soft as gauze....

A neat compromise I found is twill, it is as durable as birdseye, yet soft as gauze...good stuff! ??, so that might be another consideration.

If you are going with ADC then, as said above, sizing is the same for day or night weight. One thing I have found though..(even though I had been told many times) light weight diapers dry faster than heavy weight ones. (Duh)

So, my recomendation, if you are going to stay with ADC, is buy the day weight ones, and just double up. Day weight is usually a 2-4-2 ply diaper, so doubling will make it a 4-8-4 diaper, but with less laundry work.If you want to add something extra like a microfiber towel, that helps a lot as well ?

if interested, check on the twill ones from changing times:

https://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com

They are a kind of mixture of both types of fabric, in a 4-10-4 prefold style. I like these because they don't have the stitching along the sides (like ACD does, and others) and are made more like a kids prefold diaper is made. They are 10 ply though, so that means longer dryer time....

Finding the balance, and what makes you happy  is the hard part withcloth, but once you arrive there, nothing else to do, but enjoy!! ?

Hope this helps!

qwack

7 hours ago, Stroller said:

No, but there are two sizes of Snappis - make sure you get the larger ones.

Have a link to ones that are larger? I have been looking no one says size in ads.  And no way to tell on the net. Thanks

Looks like I will get the small size Birdseye Day. But unsure if PUL Pull Up or Snap type Leak Master. If the snap type have more than one snap I will go that way to be able to adjust

Seems strange that I need a Small Diaper but X-Small Plastic Pants but that is what they say.

4 hours ago, DartDodger said:

Have a link to ones that are larger? I have been looking no one says size in ads.  And no way to tell on the net.

amazon.com lists them as "toddler size".

https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/adult-prefold-cloth-diapers

There is a size chart at the bottom of this page if you need to check. As for plastic pants, or covers, you should go to the next size UP....not down. 

Example, I use medium sized prefolds, but use large or extra large plastic pants. You don't want tight or snug fitting plastic pants or covers, but you want them to billow out a bit, for air circulation. Thats why you see old pics of kids / people wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants, the pants are all.. " poofy" looking. 

So you might double check the sizing on the pants you are looking at, because if you go to small...you can't send them back. So check sizing twice and order once....

Good luck!!

I have prefolds from both changing times and adult cloth diaper.  the gauze nightweight prefold from adult cloth diaper is very thick,  and comfortable,  I havent had them long enough to test their durability.  the twill diapers from changing times are fantastic,  I also prefer changing times booster pads. verify the post washing dimensions,  they will shrink.  I wear a medium prefold but have the large inserts from changing times and they fit very well.  Enjoy