LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rp setting concept - increasing human social neoteny

And now that I've scared everyone off with big words, here's the concept I couldn't come up with a simpler way of summing up. Basically, a world where humans still develop normally in some ways (pubertu, education, work) but "grow up" much more slowly in other ways. Of course, the obvious is much later toilet training,  but also stiles of dress, speaking, room decoration and so on.

(Neotony is the retention of juvenile features in adulthood - one of the main things which sets humans apart from chimps - so I coined "social neotony" as a descriptor, but I'd be happy if anyone has a better one.) 

And it's flexible.For instance, if you set the "real age" and "equivalent age" to a 5:1 ratio, then you can have a settig with stuff like this.dc48i8s-141b2ea9-04af-41ee-946d-bfda0410dc48i5z-916bc561-f7f8-4905-9182-540515b4potty_training_ageplay_by_bobbyvenice_d8

whereas if it's set at something like 10:1 even uoung adults aren't thinking of the pottu yet.

dc48i8i-68bdb922-2742-4c20-917f-01e6f367dc48ibd-63b54946-2657-45ff-8121-5ca9096b

So what do you think of such a setting? Do you have any ideas for it? Know any existing stories or rps which use a similar premise? And can anyone think of a better title?   

The ideas expressed here are quite interesting, as is the setting itself.  The main effects would probably be on schools, with Teachers and nurses needing to be trained to handle wet and messy diapers on their students.  This would be seen as completely normal of course.

I think the most interesting RPs that would use such a setting, (in my mind at least)  Would be a pair of teenagers, or young adults in a relationship, either both being potty trained by their parents, or some sort of "potty training official" or officer, or both of them potty training each other, or one training the other, (perhaps boys or girls training earlier, with one having a 5:1 ratio, and the other having a 7:1, or 10:1 ratio).  Another interesting type of RP in this setting would be a "fish out of water" story, with someone form our world somehow being put in this world, and having people find out that they aren't in diapers at 20 (effective age 2) and forcing them into diapers, then not letting them use the potty.

It would also be interesting to play with other aspects of neoteny, other than potty training.  such as tantrums, and increased emotional vulnerability, increased separation anxiety, later digestion development (making lactation, nursing, and formula usage last longer, and solid foods be introduced later) and/or increased need for comfort, and physical comfort.  (rocking, hugging, cuddling, and skin to skin contact.)

What sorts of stories would you be interested in playing in, or seeing in this setting?  Would you want to take on a caregiver, or little role?   Feel free to DM me if you would like.

I had a few ideas similar to this. The first was a bit strange, definitely in the weird fiction domain involving a person either finding themselves in the clutches of something that can reshape reality in sort of the same vein as the Beldam from Coraline. The character felt insecure about her maturity and the thing took advantage. Another was a person swapping places with a person from a dimension where this is common and both have to work together to get home. The point of divergence is essentially instead of teenagers becoming a thing in the 50s, the experience of war and deprivation led to a trend in developed countries toward increasing the length of childhood rather than creating a category between children and adults. Another is a bit different in that it's not a 'world wide' thing but the emergence of 'littles' as a lifestyle or millennial trend that emerges sometime in the mid teens or oughts. The main character would either be a highschooler who has moved to a new town and reinvents herself and finds friends with the littles or is a little who has had to 'reign it in' so to speak with a mild form of the lifestyle (more childish clothing and decor but still wearing panties and being treated like a teenager) who goes to college and can find a community and dive in as much as she wants to.

16 hours ago, elfowl said:

The ideas expressed here are quite interesting, as is the setting itself.  The main effects would probably be on schools, with Teachers and nurses needing to be trained to handle wet and messy diapers on their students.  This would be seen as completely normal of course.

indeed - of course, who changes who would be a quite adjustable, cultural thing.

some good ideas about training as the center of a storu - of course, there are a lot of other transitional stages it can be equated to, like learning to drive. And transposing someone from our world would also be interesting, especiallu if their life was the same in all ways except the inicreased infantilism. 

and yes, as well as the cultural aspects other physical ones could be slowed down, although emotional ones are a bit trickier. And there's also the questio of how families look in this world - how old are parents supposed to be? 

• 2 years later...

Hi, I know I'm late to the party, but I love this thread, and I'm trying to write a story with similar themes, but I am mathematically challenged, haha, and my Googling thus far has left me more confused than enlightened

So help, please?? Assuming the three ratios already mentioned in this thread, Approximately how old would someone aged twenty be in a 5:1 ratio? 7:1? 10:1? and how old would someone aged 17 be?

Thanks so much!!