LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Metamucil / Psyllium Husk

1 hour ago, megaaaan said:

How do they change BM's? I know they bulk stuff up and supposedly make clean up easier, but do they make it "easier" to go / act a bit like a laxative etc? 

Metamucil basically turns poop into a rope like gel.  If you're used to passing 6-8" in one movement, taking two tablespoons of Metamucil in the morning will probably turn your nighttime poop into an unbroken rope about 12-15" long, somewhat the consistency of jello salad.  It will be very easy to pass the rope, as opposed to medium to hard poops.  At least that's my experience.

Be sure to drink at least 8-10 oz of water for each tablespoon of Metamucil, but more would be better because the psyllium uses the water you consume to turn into gel.  Insufficient water consumption can result in the psyllium causing a blockage.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, dyperbole said:

I never Met a mucil that didn't make me poop ?

My doc has me taking 12 grams of it a day.  I poop like an Olympic athlete now. 

Does it act a bit like a laxative, in the sense that it "makes" you want to go? Gives you the urge etc.

Is it easier to pass BM's?

I haven't noticed as much of being a laxative as much as it makes me have much more stool than I used to have, and because the psyllium fiber holds water, it makes the stool a softer consistency and it passes better than it used to.  It also has given me a more regular schedule than I used to have.

So technically it is a laxative, but not nearly as urge-causing as glycerin suppositories or other harsher laxatives.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Theoretically it will do a number of good things.  The most obvious one is it will make you quite regular by providing a decent level of fiber that the average diet doesn't seem to be able to provide.  It can also help maintain proper blood sugar levels, for those diabetic or pre-diabetic.  And it can also be used to help lower cholesterol levels.

As for suppositories, they could help....as long as there is some stool in or close to being in the colon itself.  Taking the suppository without any stool to eliminate probably won't do much good, other than to ensure you are clean. 

• Like 1

I have recently started to take it as a fiber supplement in addition to normal dietary fiber intake. I have not noticed a difference in overall consistency. I have not noticed a more gelatinous consistency, unlike others. 

Like others, I have noticed a longer rope consistency, and it is easier to pass. It doesn’t have a laxative effect on me. In addition to adequate dietary fiber and water intake it bulks up and adds water to my poop. 

When I get a chance to wear diapers again, I’ll look forward to having  healthy dirty diapers. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I think what you're asking Megan is does taking it increase the urge to go. I'm guessing you're asking because you can't wear all the time so you're trying to control when you have a BM to coincide with when you're wearing?

Sadly not, it just makes you softer!

I sent you a PM x

• 4 months later...

Does it make the poo being easier? Certainly. It's kind of a laxative but not in the same way. Psyllium has great health benefits. I've been using them for years and I've never had a problem. For fun, I've also used some "fiber loading." By this I use every 2 or 3 hours per day or so. Lots of walking or other activities. For me, I also use plenty of healthy food. The main benefits are enormous volume of poo, semi-firm to soft and multi-bm's. As for laxatives, I don't like loose runny messes. But it's kinda fun to use a suppository once in a while. Lets say I've been doing some real fiber loading. After a bunch of food and Metamucil for a couple of days, I'll start to put up my but with a suppository and hold me back for as long I can. It's hard but if you can hold back for about an hour and the urgency becomes really strong, I actually have an extremely monstrous poo that I have a very slow but perfectly mighty surge that slides up around my privates. My diapers become with a huge load. That's really fun. I have to say, having a monstrous load of poo, the urgency just makes it even better.

If you use cloth diapers while taking this stuff, Make sure you wash it out real good.

If it dries on cloth, it turns into an impossible to remove, hard as concrete substance...

I'd imagine it would do the same to your innards if you don't drink enough water...