LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Use External Catheter Instead Of Diapers?

Guest dodgedart

Guest dodgedart

Well being partial incont. wearing diapers at night and pull us day. Was wondering what the down sides to wearing external catheter {mentor freedom laytex}

I used them in the hospital when i stayed there. But was wondering if there was a chance of infections from use ect...

Well being partial incont. wearing diapers at night and pull us day. Was wondering what the down sides to wearing external catheter {mentor freedom laytex}

I used them in the hospital when i stayed there. But was wondering if there was a chance of infections from use ect...

Well as with anything you could always get an infection or an UTI also I don't know how comfortable those things are. I also wonder if you peed to fast if the thing would fly off and cause you to wet your pants. I'm a girl so I have no idea other than possibly getting an infection or UTI.

i have tryed them once and let me say never again a complete pain in the ass

Well thats not where my pain was :roflmao: But anyway.

The chance for a UTI is up there, I got one in like 2 weeks of use and went back to my Assurance and Tranquility ATN's

But that was my own personal hell, I say give it a try if you think it might help in your situation because everyone is diffrent.

Not much to loose and you know the alternitive awaits.

Guest dodgedart

Well thats not where my pain was :roflmao: But anyway.

The chance for a UTI is up there, I got one in like 2 weeks of use and went back to my Assurance and Tranquility ATN's

But that was my own personal hell, I say give it a try if you think it might help in your situation because everyone is diffrent.

Not much to loose and you know the alternitive awaits.

The chance for a UTI is up there, I got one in like 2 weeks ok what is an UTI infeaction and best way to keep from getting one?

They are just a condom with stickey stuff on them........was going to use if on a trip ect where a change would not be easy{ie} just toss the bag in and stick a new one on......

If you have a penis that doesn't respond when arroused then yes they may stay on,if you dont try sitting ,standing or walking they may stay on.with me they always fall off but that is because of a retracted penis,it keeps pulling back and unglueing itself. I have even tried extra glue and the tape wrap ones as well and never trusted them.They can also cause some nasty skin ulcers and friction sores

The chance for a UTI is up there, I got one in like 2 weeks ok what is an UTI infeaction and best way to keep from getting one?

They are just a condom with stickey stuff on them........was going to use if on a trip ect where a change would not be easy{ie} just toss the bag in and stick a new one on......

Uninary Tract Infection....

Not a nice way to say burns when you pee,Bladder infection also possible.

I've tried them in the past and found them to be a complete pain. First I discovered that many use adhesive to stay on, I'm alergic to all adhesives :(, Next I had problems with the fact that I move too much and the tube would disconnect from the bag. The final problem I had is I'm as well as latex allergic, I allergic to silicones, and most every plastic used in medical applications. So I would not recogmend them, but to each his own. :crybaby:

I have used condom catheters for the last 5 years with no problems I use catheter form coloplast first off you must have the right size as all man or not the same and look at different makes and different types as we or not all the same and good leg bag and you have no problems. I just ware diapers to bed 3 to 4 times a week so I have a break from condom I cannot imagine warring diapers 24/7. As of UTI I have a spinal cord injure and have no control some time my bladder dos not empty full so this starts the UTI it is the same for me if hat to wear diapers

I am not good at spelling

Have to agree with Thekid on this one, as my only experience was getting an extrememly serious rash from the glued sticky stuff to keep it in place, dont want to go there again thats for sure! :thumbsup:

Give me a Nappy any day as it really is without complications other than changing yourself at regular intervals. :thumbsup:

And you stand a far lesser chance of getting any infections to my reckoning. :badmood:

Hi, as a regular user of Coloplas optima shieths (external cathiters ) I though I'd give my thoughs.

Until october last year I was using diapers 24/7 Molicare super plus at night and Pull ups during the daytime.

The molicares work resonably at night and I always cover them with cloth pull on type garment and plastic pants, this works about 98% for me.

The pull ups were not nearly as succesfull during the daytime, I often had leaks and wet spots.

I have an active job and move around constantly during the daytime, anyone who has tried a big

absorbancy diaper for this will tell you it's not a great solution, They make you sweat badly and go all sticky and clingy, and worse than this they usually will split up the middle at the rear, this rendering them useless.

I was asked by my inco advisor to try the external cathiter and leg bag system and see how it went.

One thing about this is that the cathiter has to be matched to youre penis size to be succesful and if you don't suffer from penis retraction that helps too.

First time I was fitted up with the legbag ect I was very sceptical, I had serious doubts about the ability

of the condom cathiter to stay where it should be and actually remain leakproof.

However I was wrong, the first couple of days were a bit uneasy I was alway checking the condome was still in place ect.

Wearing the leg bag take a bit of getting used to as well, it feels strange for a few days then you get used to it, except when it gets a bit heavy when it needs emptying.

I tried it at night too, it was not very succesful, due to the outlet getting folded when I moved in my sleep

So I went back to diapers for nightime.

I have found that you must use a cathiter g-strap to locate the tube to stop it moving around and the tube pulling on the penis, especially if it gets in front of youre knee while bending down.

It is much easier and simpler to use than diapers during the daytime, no changing and you just empty the bag when needed.

It allows full body movement and it's a lot more comfortable than being in diapers while working.

It gives youre skin a break from being wet all the time in diapers.

You do have to keep the shaft of youre penis free from hair, because the glue that holds them on is

very sticky and removing them will be very painful.

As for UTI's I haven't had one, not like the six months I spent with indwelling cathiter where I went from on UTI to another.

Hope this is of help to anyone thinking of trying this system, I think it has really improved my daytimes

and it's a lot less hassel than diapers. Best wishes - john.

I think that, to a large extent, the decision about whether to wear diapers or an external catheter is a matter of taste. One thing to keep in mind is that the external catheters that work the most reliably are the ones that require you to fasten a rubber or silicone sheath to your penis with an adhesive. Once you have the thing securely fastened to yourself, you're pretty much committed to using it whenever you need to pee. Like you, I'm only partially incontinent. I have urge incontinence that is severe enough to require me to wear some kind of protection at all times, but I often manage to use the toilet without wetting myself. One reason why I prefer a diaper to an external catheter is the fact that I can pull the diaper down enough to use a urinal or toilet when I have the opportunity to do that. Another thing that I dislike about an external cathether is that wearing one is no fun at all. Peeing in a diaper feels good. Peeing in an external catheter that drains into a leg bag doesn't feel good. So I'm a diaper boy.

Hey I agree totally with it being a matter of choice and alsp agree with youre comments about being able to pull a diaper down to use the toilet.

I just about never use the toilet for urinating, so it suits me.

as for you being a D/l Hey I love my diapers, just cause I have to use them don't mean I dislike them.

but I find them rather hard work during the day at work, so cathiter suits me.

As I said my post was just my piont of view, anyone is free to agree or disagree- John.