LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Doctor Visit

Hi everyone,

I visited the doctor today as I was having problems with my back as I injured it the other day at work (Tuesday). Well he had xrays done of my back and lower back and found out that I have Spina bifida besides having chronic back problems in which he recommened Physical Therapy and gave me medication for the pain. He told me to come back if it gets worse. Well anyways because of the SB my nerves were affected going to my bladder which is why I have no control over my bladder and have to wear diapers 24/7. Right now I'm just glad that I'm not total incontinent. Its weird though in the fact that we hadn't noticed this before because of all of the hospitalizations that I've had for other reasons and am not going to name here. I also need to get a back brace to keep my spine aligned. Well thats all for now.

Kaitlyn

I don't want to burst your bubble Kaitlyn, but spina bifida isn't reversible . I was born with it as you were and like you mine wasn't diagnosed until I was almost 13 (advent of the CT scan). Anyhoo... I wish you the best with your pain, my SB has caused me great pains and loss May yours be minimized.

Mo

Hi everyone,

I visited the doctor today as I was having problems with my back as I injured it the other day at work (Tuesday). Well he had xrays done of my back and lower back and found out that I have Spina bifida besides having chronic back problems in which he recommened Physical Therapy and gave me medication for the pain. He told me to come back if it gets worse. Well anyways because of the SB my nerves were affected going to my bladder which is why I have no control over my bladder and have to wear diapers 24/7. Right now I'm just glad that I'm not total incontinent. Its weird though in the fact that we hadn't noticed this before because of all of the hospitalizations that I've had for other reasons and am not going to name here. I also need to get a back brace to keep my spine aligned. Well thats all for now.

Kaitlyn

I don't want to burst your bubble Kaitlyn, but spina bifida isn't reversible . I was born with it as you were and like you mine wasn't diagnosed until I was almost 13 (advent of the CT scan). Anyhoo... I wish you the best with your pain, my SB has caused me great pains and loss May yours be minimized.

Mo

with SB it all depends on where it is located as to the effect. if you have gone this long it was not a major factor growing up.bet you may have had problem with vbalance to a point

i also a few years ago was told if i was a child today i would have SB that was why as a child i never had good control but no one knew that much about sb then

Mo

Mo-

I would love to ask you what you are doing for your pain? How do things go for you with having yours? I know with mine I can still walk but I have a heck of alot of back pain. The doc prescribed me Sulindac 150 mg BID taken with food and a full glass of water.

Kaitlyn

with SB it all depends on where it is located as to the effect. if you have gone this long it was not a major factor growing up.bet you may have had problem with vbalance to a point

i also a few years ago was told if i was a child today i would have SB that was why as a child i never had good control but no one knew that much about sb then

Its located in my lower back I'm not sure of the exact location for that I would have to ask the doctor.

Its located in my lower back I'm not sure of the exact location for that I would have to ask the doctor.

Do you know when you are wet? or need to be changed? Are you able to change yourself or do you need help. How long have you been wearing diapers before learning of your diagnoses?

the part of my spine that did not form right is at L-5 S-1

then i hurt L-4 in 1967 and still have a peace of a airplane buried in L-4 but it is very small and well fused into the spine

Mo-

I would love to ask you what you are doing for your pain? How do things go for you with having yours? I know with mine I can still walk but I have a heck of alot of back pain. The doc prescribed me Sulindac 150 mg BID taken with food and a full glass of water.

Kaitlyn

My pain is not spinal, but kidney pain. Like you, Kaitlyn, my lower extremeties are fine if a tad underdeveloped. My pain originates from the kidney (the only one I have left, my LEFT one!). I lost the other to hydronephrosis due to reflux (urine back flushing into the kidney). I am prone to stones, infections and kidney failure. I was on a steady diet of oxycontin before I got my bladder rebuilt with a section of my lower intestine (I'm now the proud owner of a "Big Gulp"). Kidney pain is some of the worst you can imagine. I've used hypnosis and biofeedback successfully and meditate almost every day. These don't necessarily lessen the pain at its origin, but help manage it so it doesn't take over my body.

I still take pain killers when it becomes intolerable but have become less dependent. Good luck and I wish you the best. Don't hesitate to PM me or post if you want to talk about your situation.

Mo .

Do you know when you are wet? or need to be changed? Are you able to change yourself or do you need help. How long have you been wearing diapers before learning of your diagnoses?

Tom-

Sometimes I can feel the wetness down there other times I cannot. I'm able to change myself but I wouldn't mind having someone to do it. I just started wearing diapers recently within the last 2 weeks as thats when I finally figured that I should start wearing em after always wetting myself.

Kaitlyn

the part of my spine that did not form right is at L-5 S-1

then i hurt L-4 in 1967 and still have a peace of a airplane buried in L-4 but it is very small and well fused into the spine

I'm sorry to hear that Ricki. I gotta call the doctor tomorrow to ask him to put me on a different pain killer because the one that I'm on isn't working for me. Just within the last few days I've found myself in such immense pain in my back that all I wanted to do is stay in bed. I've been taking Tyneol Rapid Release Gelcaps 500 mg x2 PRN. What the doc has me on is Sulindac 150 mg BID taken with food & a glass of water.

Kaitlyn

My pain is not spinal, but kidney pain. Like you, Kaitlyn, my lower extremeties are fine if a tad underdeveloped. My pain originates from the kidney (the only one I have left, my LEFT one!). I lost the other to hydronephrosis due to reflux (urine back flushing into the kidney). I am prone to stones, infections and kidney failure. I was on a steady diet of oxycontin before I got my bladder rebuilt with a section of my lower intestine (I'm now the proud owner of a "Big Gulp"). Kidney pain is some of the worst you can imagine. I've used hypnosis and biofeedback successfully and meditate almost every day. These don't necessarily lessen the pain at its origin, but help manage it so it doesn't take over my body.

I still take pain killers when it becomes intolerable but have become less dependent. Good luck and I wish you the best. Don't hesitate to PM me or post if you want to talk about your situation.

Mo .

Mo, I wish you the best when it comes to your plain also but feel free to contact me also. My aim, yahoo information is in my profile.

Tom-

Sometimes I can feel the wetness down there other times I cannot. I'm able to change myself but I wouldn't mind having someone to do it. I just started wearing diapers recently within the last 2 weeks as thats when I finally figured that I should start wearing em after always wetting myself.

Kaitlyn

What brand of diaper do you use? where do you get them from? I use Depends and for now get them from Walmart.

What brand of diaper do you use? where do you get them from? I use Depends and for now get them from Walmart.

I use Depends Adjustable Underwear with a StayFree Maxi Super pad inside it. I also use the same pad inside Depends Fitted Maximum Protection. Another diaper I use is Assurance with the same pad that I put in it. I get the Assurance from Walmart.

I use Depends Adjustable Underwear with a StayFree Maxi Super pad inside it. I also use the same pad inside Depends Fitted Maximum Protection. Another diaper I use is Assurance with the same pad that I put in it. I get the Assurance from Walmart.

Just a suggestion you might try looking for a "overnight" diaper style. They are generally thicker and hold more. How often do you change? are you a heavy wetter all day & night or just at night time? Do you like the Assurance brand? what is it like?

Just a suggestion you might try looking for a "overnight" diaper style. They are generally thicker and hold more. How often do you change? are you a heavy wetter all day & night or just at night time? Do you like the Assurance brand? what is it like?

I know that the Depends Fitted Max Pro are overnight diapers but just named differently now. I'm still looking for a good tape diaper to wear during the day that won't leak and that I can wear to work. I change at least 3 times day. Since I have no control over my bladder I wet all the time and the flow varies depending on how much I have to drink. The flow is heavier during the night though. Yes, I like the assurance brand. The assurance brand or the one that I have is the pullup kind but holds alot of fluids. I like the assurance but I don't know how I would describe em.

The over night are bigger in size, and feel uncomfortable, to me when wearing them during he day.

I like the depends adjustable with a protective over pants that keep the diapers tighter to the skin