LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bladder Controll Device

Sick of wearing diapers?????

Well i just read in the most recent issue of the Economist magazine that there is a device that doctors can now put into your body and it can tell your bladder when to expand or contract. Dont have the magazine here with me, but im sure you can find the article at the magazine's website under the technology section.

Guest diamondback688

that takes care of the bladder, but it doesnt take care of the other end...

EDIT: i found the article, but you have to be subscribed to read it...

I actually know what your talking about but don't know the name of it. Its actually a device that goes around ur urethera or bladder bottem and it keeps its closed and when you want it to open you theres some sort of switch you hit and it releases and then it closed automatically after awhile so you need to make sure you have some protection till your sure your done flowing.

its not what sunnykait says it is..... It is a smalelr device that uses signals and tells the bladder to oppen or close, does not actually force the bladder. It uses signals from the brain and can only be personally controlled i believe. It is still in developement, and chances are it'll cost 5 arms 10 legs and a couple inches of fat(gonna be very expensive at first, once the technology developes........... then some price drop).

• 2 weeks later...

This could be one of two devices on the market. One is electronic, it is called the interstim device. It is an electronic device simular to a pacemaker that in implanted in a pocked in the guteutal muscle of your but. Then it attatched to 4 electrodes that are implanted in the spine. Electrical stimulation from the device allow the bladder to either expand or contract. It can be effective with urge incontince, neurogenic bladder and over active bladder. The device is not experimental as I have had mine for about 10 years. I just had the lastest version implanted in october of last year, it is not painless but, it is a rather fast out-patient procedure. The only problem I've had with it is that it when you have to empty you bladder, I myself have little time to think about it, that and it need monthly adjustment via a remote control. The other item is the artificial sphincter, this device is implanted around the urethera and is controled is close by a saline filled pump. When you want to empty your bladder you just slimply put on the pump and it deflated and you pee. So those are the devices that are approved right now, what's coming next we'll just have to wait and see. :thumbsup:

I know how hard it is now to get insurance to pay for anything canguess what they would say about somelike that

diapers are the best deal so far

the more they put inside of you the more chance of problems

• 2 weeks later...

First off - just the fact that this is still "experimental" means it's not likely I would try it (but yes, I know some people have to in order to find any problems with it.). But even after it is perfected, I don't think I would want to do for speciffically having such a thing installed. MAYBE if I was having something else done anyway, right in the same area, so it could be done without much additional work, but short of that.......And even then, I would have to really thing about it first....