LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wii Demand.. Wtf?

So I was in Wal-mart earlier. Wii's have been sold out for a while, and just out of pure luck, they had three. I was hyped. I shopped for about 20 mintues then returned to the electronics department to claim a wii. They were gone. I can't stress how barren that Wal-mart was. I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Yeah, pretty spacious. Am I aloud to say WTF? 3 wiis. Gone in 20 minutes at a small Wal-mart in Arkansas. Any one had similar experiences? Thoughts?

I waited 8 hours at a Wal-Mart in a small town for my Wii. People were calling their friends to have them get a free spot in line, and families with children tried to buy one per child! If we hadn't talked to the manager about that bull sh--, I probably wouldn't be posting this right now. I was supposedly the last one to get a Wii, but they got two more in last second. Every other store that carried them had lines surrounding the store.

Good luck finding one man! If there's an EB Games where you live, you might be able to reserve one. :thumbsup:

--Brandon

I waited 8 hours at a Wal-Mart in a small town for my Wii. People were calling their friends to have them get a free spot in line, and families with children tried to buy one per child! If we hadn't talked to the manager about that bull sh--, I probably wouldn't be posting this right now. I was supposedly the last one to get a Wii, but they got two more in last second. Every other store that carried them had lines surrounding the store.

Good luck finding one man! If there's an EB Games where you live, you might be able to reserve one. :thumbsup:

--Brandon

i waited 5 hours in line for the second shipment and was 6th in line and they got 5

• 1 month later...
Guest Sissy  Lil Lucy

As far as i know my aunt hasn't managed to get one yet, no where has them in stock when i go out... just like to look out of couriousity!!

plenty of PS3 though "not many left" all the posters say, and have done since the launch, don't think they are shifting

this just proves that graphics arent that important wiiiiiiii wins:D booooo ps3:D . i had my wiiii as first of everyone here but that was cuz everyone in the forest( my somehow hanging group like) knows i play games a lot:) so we all waited there the entire night in front of the store, some music on some things to drink etc and your having a great evening and a wii after:D

the day i bought my 360, i asked if they had any wii's in stock, i offerd to pay $500 for the display model, they said they couldn't do that, so i said fine, give me a 360 and gears of war, i heard that game was good(boy was i wrong) right then some punk came in and said i'm here to pick up my wii that i reserved, i was pi$$ed off, i said i thought u said u were out, he said he reserved his, i tried to buy it from him for $500, and trade the 360 i bought, he wouldn't do it, when i walked out side he was getting in his car, i said ur lucky i'm not robbing ur a$$ right now u stupid f**k, and rode away very pi$$ed off, i am still willing to trade my barly used 360, 3 games and a charger kit for a wii

A games system in hot demand: http://www.nintendo.com/channel/wii

I'm trying to get one for my fiancée before I leave this country... Just drawn up a list of every games and electronics shop within 25 miles and I'm about to set off phone-bashing them all to see if they have/can get one. Not holding out much hope though :(

[updated] Yay I might get one! :):):)

Autie,

In fact, I did know that a Wii is a gaming console system. I was being a little silly. But, I don't play any of the gaming systems, so how it compares to others I have no idea, and no inclination to find out. However, I hope you can find one before you go home.

Gary

i was at the game stor today looking for a wii, they didn't hav one but i stuck around and shot the s*** for a while and found a box set of starcraft for $20, so i got in line to buy it, just then my friend called who lives a block away from a Target, he ask what i was up to, and i told him i was looking for a wii, he said the target always has a couple, i said if you go get me one, i'll make it worth your while, he called them called me back and they had 6 of em. he went there and got the second to the last one and told me to come get it, so i made a b-line for his house, i even gave him $40 for getting it for me, so now i gonna go and play it. later all

yay good for you smokey!!!

Buy Some Batteries, it eats them for breakfast!!!!!

I got one too :):):) I love the controller... So simple but so precise too.

Staked out an Atlanta Toys R Us at 3am yesterday morning on a tip off that they would have 40... Waited for them to open at 11 by which time I was at the front of a queue of 50 or so. I'm mad? Possibly :D:D

45 to be precise. There was an almost underground system of rumours and investigation operating amongst the blanket-wrapped people (chilly!) as everyone tried to work out how/where to get one. As far as I know, the nearby Circuit City only got 16 and Best Buy were expecting some but got a big fat zero. We had heard that Toys R Us had anywhere between 30 and 50 but we didn't find out for sure until they actually gave out the tickets.

To be honest, I think they had some for a while and were holding them back to build it up into an event. I phoned them several times early last week and once was told "We aren't releasing them until Sunday" which kind of implies they already had them last week... Not complaining though. I got one for my fiancée before I have to leave this country (leaving her behind :() and that's all I care about :wub:

Wow. We pre-ordered ours and skipped this mess. Had it the day before the official release. Amazing.

Yeah I always try and preorder games and systems I want if I can. There's something about playing things that one day early :). But from what I read while trying to track down somewhere to buy one, you were lucky to get one at launch - most who preordered had to wait several weeks, some until after Christmas to get theirs because companies took way more preorders than they were getting Wiis. One chain I'm aware of (PC World) took 3000 preorders in the UK and only had 1000 Wiis on launch day. Amazon had the same problem I believe.