http://www.local6.com/spotlight/11195708/detail.html

local6.com

Related To Story

Video: School Closes Restrooms After Vandalism

Students Urinate In Bottles After School Locks Down Restrooms

Students Wait In Line To Relieve Themselves

POSTED: 5:21 pm EST March 7, 2007

UPDATED: 6:18 pm EST March 7, 2007

TAMPA, Fla. -- A Tampa high school has closed its bathrooms after they were vandalized last week, forcing some students to go to extremes to find relief.

Freedom High School officials have locked down every restroom in the school except one after swastikas, writings and other types of vandalism were discovered on the walls.

Students said they now have to wait in long lines to go to the bathroom, causing them to be late for -- and sometimes even miss -- class.

"We're all humans. We all go to the bathroom," a female student said. "I had to take 10 to 20 minutes out of class to go wait in line."

"They are really strict. If you're not in your seat, it's a tardy," another student said.

Tardies can result in detention or an all-day in-school suspension, Local 6 News reported.

Some students told Local 6 News that they have relieved themselves in the bushes outside the school or even into a plastic bottle.

"I sometimes save the bottles and pee in those if I have to," a male student said.

"I've seen people peeing in the bushes. It's getting out of control," a student said.

School administrators confirmed to Local 6 News off camera that the restrooms have been locked, which didn't sit well with many parents.

"That's unacceptable. You need to go to the bathroom sometimes," a parent said.

"Two thousand students? One bathroom? That's a little out there," a student said.

It's not known when the restrooms will reopen.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2007 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Just as TheKid1 says break out the Nappies/Diapers :thumbsup:

That brings a whole new meaning to breaktime in my book as I would imagine a lot of kids just "let it go" through no fault of their own.

That sort of treatment will lead to all sorts of problems in the future I guess. :badmood:

Sure hope they are good at crossing their legs-OMG it sounds like torture !

I guess they will have to hand out diapers, as they go through the security screening, as they are looking for guns, knives ant the like, If you have a gun or a knife you don't get a daper, you will just have to wet your pants....

I think the school is opening itself to lawsuits. I think to deny someone use of a bathroom for the length of a school day ranks as cruel and unusual punishment. It simply is not right! And you can't tell me that out of a couple thousand students some don't have some kind of bladder problem, such as an infection. This sounds like one instance in which wearing diapers to school is not only an acceptable alternative but is the only thing one can do.

This is america, if it not in court, then it's not american. We love to sue people for anything and everything. plus all the stupid lawsuits always come out

i'm not so sure this would be considered a stupid lawsuit.

so, we'll take away the restrooms except for 1 for each sex. this in turn will cause extremely long lines and force the kids to be tardy. now...we'll punish them for being late, how dare they take away precious class time to relief themselves?

no dude, this is crap. if i was a parent of one of those kids, i'd be beating ass. its wrong, and i'll agree its cruel and unusual. or, if i was a student, i'd piss in the hallways as a form of protest.

If it was my kids whoever was in charge at that school would be under arrest.

I have been a EMT since 1978 and am required to report child abuse.

and this would fall under child abuse.

I would just call the badge and gun and tell him I was making a citizens arrest.