LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urine Smell

Though your situation is a bit more harsh, I'm in a very similar one! My advice is to use them only on the night before the trash is taken out. Then, before your parents get home, put them in a new trash bag, and bury it at the bottom of the trash bins outside. The next day they're gone!

--Brandon

1) Get rid of your used diapers ASAP, into the garbage. Absolutely minimize the number that have to wait a week to leave the house....

2) Dump out any poop...

3) Double bag the diapers...

4) Add peroxide to the diaper and the outer bag after use...the peroxide seems to control the bacteria and the urine smell...just get a dollop or two of ordinary drugstore hydrogen peroxide...sold in the first aid section...

5) Be sure to acquire a "drinking problem" so your pee is nice and dilute, this also helps keep the smell down. Water works fine, so does gatorade or juice....switch between them according to taste, and if the water tastes bad, listen to your body and stop drinking. Don't do too much tea (more than perhaps 2 quarts per night); that'll give you an ulcer.

On those disappearing diapers: maybe the housekeeper found them?

For a box to keep that stuff in, label it the same way you have another box labeled..or put something innocuous on top inside the box, like a couple of old toys or stuffed animals, or even some clothes you have outgrown or worn out.

• 1 month later...

Don't dehydrate yourself, it's not healthy and potentially dangerous. Besides... how can you wet frequently if you're not drinking? If you want your pee to smell try drinking some apple juice. Eating asparagus will definitely make your pee stink. I hate asparagus pee.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a bedwetter for as long as I can remember. Recently, I decided to take the plunge and started wearing disposables. My girlfriend was very supportive. Anyways, I found out that it really feels nice to wear them. Sort of calming. So I don't immediately take them off when I get up.

Problem is, they have a strong urine smell to them after a while. I want to continue wearing them. But, don't out of being nice to my girlfriend. Is there any way to reduce the smell for a little while?

No. But, I could try tonight and see if that helps.

Lol, I have baby powder..but I've only ever used it on DIY stuff.

Also consider lotion. Good baby wipes then lotion and ample powder (sprinkle some into the crotch of the diaper too) before you put it on will help no end in reducing the smell. The other thing you can do to contain smell rather than reduce it is invest in some plastic pants, which if you're wearing to bed, might be a good idea anyhow because disposables will leak at night one day, it's just a matter of time!

Also consider lotion. Good baby wipes then lotion and ample powder (sprinkle some into the crotch of the diaper too) before you put it on will help no end in reducing the smell. The other thing you can do to contain smell rather than reduce it is invest in some plastic pants, which if you're wearing to bed, might be a good idea anyhow because disposables will leak at night one day, it's just a matter of time!

This may sound dumb..but..What kind of lotion? I bought some plastic pants when I first started wearing. I didn't like them at all. I don't know if they were just bad quality or what. But, they didn't contain anything, and I didn't like the feeling of them.

I've read that certain foods like broccoli can add a pungent smell. [...] I've also read that Cranberry juice can have the opposite effect...

That is probably because cranberry juice is a diarhettic. (Did I spell that right?) It causes water to come out of your blood stream at a faster rate than usual, which I believe would result in a more dilute urine than normal.

This may sound dumb..but..What kind of lotion? I bought some plastic pants when I first started wearing. I didn't like them at all. I don't know if they were just bad quality or what. But, they didn't contain anything, and I didn't like the feeling of them.

Johnson_s_Baby_Lotion__54801.jpg

Baby lotion. Comes in a wide variety of smells and colours. It'll be next to the powder in the supermarket. As for plastic pants, there's a world of a difference between the bad ones and the good ones. There's been plenty of threads here about them with links to sellers all over the world. Try the diaper store section...