LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mixed up HomeStay

Bao shrugged.

"I don't eat it  that before."

She smiled.

"But I like chocolate chips.  I like waffles.  So it must be good."

Robert picked Lexi up handing her the bag of chocolate chips.  Then he carried her back where they were making the waffles.

"When mommy's not looking, we'll add them," he told her.  "There aren't that many chips in there anyway."

He then told her to stir in other stuff waiting for Erica to turn her back or whatever.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Okay honey. If you don’t like them I can make something else for you. I want to make sure you’re eating well.” Erica smiled. 

She turned to go to the fridge. “What would you like to drink? We have milk, water, and apple or grape juice.” She said to the foreign girl. 

“Okay daddy!” Lexi said cheerfully, giggling when she was lifted. She mixed the other ingredients together and then when Erica wasn’t looking and Robert said she could, she added the chocolate chips too. 

“What do we do next Daddy?” She asked once all the mixing was done. 

He smiled and picked her up off of the chair.

"We go talk to our guest while the waffles are cooking because I don't want you to get burned.  The waffle iron gets really hot, sweetie."

He hugged a minute and then sat her down to go talk to Bao.

Bao looked up at Erica and nodded when she said she wanted to make sure she ate well, and then walked with her over to the fridge.

"Can I drink appo juice?" she asked.

She turned when Lexi was lifted down to her feet, and wandered over to her.  She was so much smaller than her.  How did this mistake happen?  Would the little girl want to do anything she wanted to do later?

"Good Morning you," she said.  "Have you sleep well?"

Robert carefully mixed the chocolate chips in a little more before starting the batter so as to hide them better within the batter in case Erica came to check, and then he started to put them in the hot griddle.

“Okay daddy!” Lexi said happily. She was really almost always a happy go lucky kid. She smiled up at Bao Ya’an. 

“Good morning!” She said cheerfully, nodding. “Uh huh! I slept good! Did you sleep good? Did you like the tent? I worked hard on it! I wanted it to be fun to sleep in!” She rambled on, talking a mile a minute. 

“Sure thing sweetie.” Erica said smiling. She poured one cup of apple juice and cup of milk. Since Lexi was having chocolate chip waffles she didn’t want her having juice for breakfast since she felt it was too much sugar. 

Bao smiled at Lexi when she chatted about the tent-fort.  She had never actually considered doing anything like that, but then again, sleeping in China was quite different from sleeping here.  Things were just different, and there was really no chance for a creative young person to make such a fort to sleep all night in, though they did sometimes make something to get comfortable in during the summer to rest in when it got hot out.

"I really like that tent-fort," she said  "It fun so much."

She ignored the question about sleeping good because she didn't want to talk about it.  Maybe, overall, considering, she had slept enough anyway that she was fully awake, but she didn't consider it sleeping good when she went to bed hurting and itching, she wet the bed, and then she had to wake up to herself itching again.

"Do you sleep the fort again?" she asked thinking the little girl would just remake it.  He figured since her mom had not scolded her, that that meant that she did this all the time, and that her mom would just take it down everytime when she thought she had to clean something up.

Robert looked over as they talked, and he saw Erica getting milk for Lexi.  He didn't complain to her about it, but sometimes, he thought that she was a little too strict on her.  Yes, it was good to watch her sugar intake and over all health, but a little more candy and sugar in the little one's diet surely wouldn't hurt.  It's not like she ate sweets every day or anything like that.

Lexi smiled and clapped when Bao Ya’an said that she enjoyed the fort. She did frown a bit when she asked if she’d remake it. “I dunno. I saw mommy taking all the stuff downstairs to the basement.” She said with a small pout. She had no idea why her mother would do that, especially since she’d worked so hard on it. 

Erica heard what Lexi was saying and sighed. “Lexi I have to wash the stuff you made for the tent. The blankets and stuff are dirty.” She said, not wanting to embarrass the older girl. 

“But it was all clean yesterday!” Lexi whined back to her mother. “I worked so hard on it! And Bao said she loved it!” She said, getting upset. 

“Alexis.” Erica said sternly, not appreciating the whining. “I have to wash the blankets and such. You can rebuild it with other blankets.”

”But but! There’s not enough blankets left! And I only gots 2 sleeping bags!” 

“Alexis Maria.” Erica said, using Lexi’s full name and middle name. “I have to do the laundry. You know better than to whine about things like this. Now go sit at the table.” She said, unsure why Lexi was being so whiney that morning. 

Lexi sniffled and climbed up to her usual spot at the table, still upset that her mother dismantled her project. She didn’t know why but it just made her really upset. She wasn’t trying to be whiney. 

Bao started to realize why the blankets and stuff were all taken down, and she really appreciated Erica not telling Lexi that she had peed in her sleep, so she tried to help out.

"Lexi, We can make fort tomorrow or another days.  We many thing you to show me so please don't cry."

She went over and reached out to hug her.

Robert heard what was going on, and to think of it, he did remember asking Erica if she wasn't putting in too much effort to make an impression on a young kid.  He thought that her washing everything over the last couple of days was a bit extreme, so he knew that Lexi was right and that she had washed the bedding just the day before.

He looked over at Erica wanting to ask, but somehow, seeing the look she was giving Lexi, he decided now was not the time to ask.  The last thing they needed, was to fuel Lexi's whining.  As far as he knew, she was just being his spoiled little baby girl trying to get her own way.

Lexi pouted and sniffled at the table. She let the older girl hug her and sighed. “I know we can do it later. But I worked hard on it! And then mommy just took it all apart.” She frowned and stayed in her seat, knowing she was on thin ice with her mother. She didn’t know why, but she was just really sad about everything. 

When the waffles were done and served to her, she looked up at Robert. She usually was happy to cut up her own waffles, since she could do it with a butter knife and she was eight years old. “Daddy?” She asked softly, still having a few tears in her eyes. “Can you cut my waffle up for me?” She asked, holding up her plate with the waffle. 

Erica put a waffle on Bao Ya’an’s plate and smiled. “Would you like some fruit or syrup sweetie?” She offered, pointing to each item respectively. 

Bao felt really bad now.  She knew that it was torn down because of her, and while she wasn't going to admit it because it was embarrassing to tell someone younger than you that you wet the bed,   She knew she had to make it up to her though, and hoped that there was a way to do so without letter her realize the reason for the fort needing to be taken down.

"I know you worked so much hard on it," she said.  "It was so much too good.  Maybe another time, I help you make it, and it is good, too, and doesn't so long.  Okay?"

Bao went back to her own seat, and sat down to drink some juice as Robert brought over the waffles.

"Lexi, waffles are here," he told her.  "Want one?"

He found the one with some chocolate chips really showing, and he put that one on her plate along with one other one.

"Can I some jam on it?" she asked.  That was one of the ways they ate pancakes and waffles where she was from.  They also sometimes put ice cream and chocolate sauce on them, but she didn't ask for that because if it was available, she was sure it would already be out, she heard that Americans didn't always use jam.

She scratched herself when she thought no one was looking again while she waited for her waffle's topping.

"If not jam, fruit good."

She didn't like the way syrup always soaked into the waffle and made it mooshy.

Lexi smiled at her Waffles on the plate and looked up at Robert. “Daddy? Will you cut my Waffles up please?” She asked sweetly. She was capable of cutting it herself snd she usually did, but she felt upset right now and wanted her daddy to do it for her. 

Erica nodded and got up to go to the fridge. They didn’t usually put jam or jelly on their Waffles, but they had it in the fridge for sandwiches. She got the jar and a butter knife and set it in front of Bao Ya’an. “Here you go. I hope jelly is okay.” She said smiling. 

She saw Lexi holding her plate up and shook her head. “Lexi, you can cut your own Waffles. You know how, you’re a big girl.”

Robert frowned at Erica.

"She's having a hard morning, honey.  Don't you think I could just help her out a little bit?  She had her fort torn down, she's being scolded earlier because she was whining too much, and now she just wants a little attention.  I don't see any reason I can't do it, just this once for her.  Do you?"

He wanted Erica to agree with him because if she said no, then it wouldn't be good for him to just do it for her anyway.  He was trying really hard to make sure that Lexi knew that she couldn't ask one parent something if another parent said no, unless that parent also asked the other parent.  If he just did it for her, then that would undermine what they were trying to do, and be consistent with each other's rules.

Bao smiled and nodded.  To her, Jam and Jelly was the same thing, and what she called Jelly was actually gelatin cups that you buy at the store.  The lady called this jam, jelly, in her mind, but she shrugged it off and put it on her waffles.

Lexi frowned and sniffled when her mother scolded her again. She was feeling extra sensitive this morning and she didn’t know why. She tried not to let the tears in her eyes fall down her face. 

Erica sighed. She didn’t want to argue or leave a bad impression on Bao Ya’an. “Okay. But I just don’t want her being able to whine and get her way.” She didn’t want to give the foreign girl the idea that they argued a lot. 

Lexi smiled and wiped her eyes when her mother said yes. She patiently waited for her daddy to cut her food up for her. When he was done and handed it back, Lexi smiled. “Thank you daddy.” She said sweetly, carefully pouring some maple syrup onto her plate before she started to eat. 

Robert smiled and mouthed "Thank you" to Erica before cutting up her food.  Then he turned to taking care of Lexi.

Bao didn't think anything of it.  Sometimes, her family argued, and sometimes, they didn't.  It was natural, and she knew that if she seemed to whine about something when he was younger, her mother could be just as strict if not worse at times.  Her mom was strict.  Very strict.  She knew her mom loved her, but when it came to certain things, there was no argument and no papa saving her.  She knew the rules.

Bao Ya'an started to eat her waffles and smiled.  They were pretty good.

She moved her legs a little impatiently.

Robert started to get a nervous feeling as she moved her legs about trying to get comfortable.

"Bao, if you need to use the bathroom,, you can go," he finally said.

She frowned and looked down.  How could she tell him that it wasn't that, but it was embarrassing to tell him that she was itching there....  She looked down ashamed, her face all red, scared of what she should say.....

Erica noticed the fidgeting but chalked it up to nerves. When Robert called her out and she saw Bao Ya’an’s reaction, she decided to talk to the girl after they ate. She cleared her throat to ease the tension. “Robert just means that you don’t have to ask to be excused or anything. He didn’t mean to embarrass you. But I’m sure you know to just get up and go.” She said, tryin to help the girl. 

Lexi stayed quiet after her food was cut up. She was eating pretty quickly. She was very hungry and thirsty, drinking three full cups of milk by the time she was finished. She ate both her waffles, which was more than she usually would eat. 

Lexi rubbed her eyes a bit. She slept for a long time, but was still really tired. She didn’t know why, but didn’t think too much about it. 

Robert noticed Lexi rubbing her eyes and how hungry and thirsty she was.  He wasn't sure what to make of it, but he decided that maybe she just needed a little more of a nap later.  She was a little old for needing naps, but then, she was still his little girl.  He thought of her as his baby probably more than she liked.

Bao nodded when Erica said that, and felt a little better.  She hoped that he didn't think she really needed to pee.  That would be embarrassing if he thought she had to pee and she was waiting there on purpose.  She decided to leave the table and go to the bathroom just so he wouldn't worry about it.  When she came back, and sat down, she was still rubbing her legs together and squirming, so Robert had to figure it was just nerves or something.

Eventually, she finished eating and waited to see what they wanted her to do next since she had no idea at the moment.  She could see that Lexi looked tired.

Lexi did her best to stay awake, fidgeting with her dress. She had to go potty, but figured she could hold it until she found out what they’d do today. She didn’t want to miss out on the chance to speak up. 

“I think we should maybe go to the store today. We need to get some groceries and it’s about time we go school shopping for Lexi.” Erica said when it seemed everyone was done. Lexi was growing fast and always needed new clothes by the time school was approaching. With Lexi’s elementary school starting in two weeks, Erica felt it was a good time to go shopping before everything disappeared from the stores. 

Robert nodded.

"That seems like a good idea," Robert agreed.  "While we are out, we can figure out if there is anything that Bao can't eat, right?"

He smiled over at Bao.

Bao smiled shyly back at the adults wondering what it would be like to go shopping at an American store.

As she waited for them to finalize things, she looked over at Lexi who looked really tired.

Robert saw Lexi again, too, and he sighed.

"I'm not sure what is up with this one, but it looks like she might be a little too tired to do much today.  Maybe the new visitor and excitement from that wore her out yesterday."

He went over and picked her up.

Erica nodded. “We can go to target and the mall since they’re right next to each other.” She said, gathering up all the dishes. 

“I don’t know why she’s so tired. She went to bed early last night and you said she was fast asleep right away.” She said with a sigh. She loved her babygirl, and was wondering why she would be so tired. She was a little annoyed at how Lexi was acting that morning; she didn’t appreciate the whining. 

Lexi smiled and gladly let Robert pick her up and hold her. She rested her head on his shoulder and listened to the adults. “I wanna do stuff today! I’m not too tired!” She insisted, not wanting to lose any time with her new friend. 

(Does target have a super market in it now?  I know Super K-mart has one now.  I didn't know or think Target did though).

Robert nodded.

"Maybe she just slept too much or something.  She might wake up a little later.  But that might be why she was so fussy this morning."

He started to carry her up to her room to get her dressed for going out.

"I'll take care of getting Lexi ready to go out," he told his wife.  She might have been nine, but he still thought of her as his baby, and would help her as much as she let him to get ready.  Of course, when it came to actually dressing, he would have to leave her room to give her some privacy and some space, but they could look at what clothes would be good to go out in together, sometimes, he did dress her when still, when she really needed him.

Bao looked to  Erica wondering if maybe she shouldn't put on something nicer if they were going out....

(They do. It’s not as big as Kmart but it has basically everything you’d need.)

Erica shrugged. She didn’t think her daughter being tired would contribute to her whining. She turned to Bao and smiled. “We’re all going to get ready real quick then we can go to the store. You can turn the TV on in the living room while you wait if you’d like.” She explained, pointing to the TV in the next room. 

Lexi let her daddy carry her up to her room to get dressed. “Can I wear my pink sundress daddy?” She asked nicely. She had a dress she liked to wear almost everyday she could during the summertime, and was unsure if it was clean.

When she was set down, she scurried out of the room to go to the bathroom. “I gotta go potty!” She called to him. She had to go really bad that morning. She came back a few minutes later and climbed on her bed, waiting for Robert to bring her her clothes. 

"Do you want that I put on something nice for go shopping, or does this okay?" Bao asked with a small smile on her face.  Her legs, however, were still rubbing against each other when she didn't think Erica was paying attention, however, as often as she had to do it to relieve her discomfort, it was more likely that Erica saw more than the young girl realized.

Robert half laughed and watched her run off.

When she came back, he smiled and searched through her stuff until he found her favorite summer dress.

"Are you talking about this one?" he asked her showing her.  He decided to put some clean panties on her too, just in case she didn't change hers since the day before, and then after he had everything ready, he set it all on the bed.

"You get dressed, and I'll come back and check on you after I put something on for shopping in, okay?"

He then left her room so she could get dressed, and so he could put on some clothes that were not house clothes.

“No it’s ok sweetie.” Erica assured the girl. She started to notice the girl rubbing her legs together, but figured it was due to nerves or something. She didn’t want to embarrass the girl unnecessarily. She told herself that if it continued she’d ask the girl in private about it. She headed upstairs to get dressed. 

Lexi nodded and smiled. She got her underwear and dress on, along with some cotton shorts. Erica always encouraged her daughter to wear shorts under her dresses and skirts because she knew Lexi was always active, so it let her be active without risking showing her underwear to everyone. 

When Robert came back in, Lexi was holding her Wellie Wisher doll on the floor, trying to get her sandals on. “Daddy can Willa come?” She asked hopefully once Lexi’s shoes were on. She had gotten the doll a few years ago and she loved to take it with her everywhere. She usually asked to take either her Wellie Wisher or one of her American Girl Dolls with her. “Please?” She asked smiling. She was almost always allowed to bring one of her dolls with her, but she did know she had to ask first. 

Bao smiled and walked over to watch television, though she really couldn't follow what was on it very easily.  it was one thing to try to talk in English, and quite another to try to follow a story like in a drama for more than a few minutes.  She soon got bored waiting for them, and just left the television on so as to not make the nice lady worry about her being bored, but she was more playing around looking at and counting the designs in the tile floor in the kitchen, the carpet in the living room, looking at all the furniture in the living room, and such like that.

Robert came back in and he smiled.

"Of course you can take your one doll," he told her.  "But you leave her in the car when we go in the store, okay?"

He picked her up and put her in his lap and then started to put her shoes on her.

"It's hard to put your shoes on when your little one is trying to get away from you, isn't it?" he played silly with her treating her doll as though it was her baby.

Erica came down pretty quickly and smiled at Bao. “Robert and Lexi should be down soon.” She said, heading towards the door to get her shoes. 

Lexi smiled and let Robert get her sandals on. She laughed when he treated her doll like a baby. “Can’t she come in the store daddy? I’ll hold onto her the whole time! Please Daddy?” She asked hopefully. Lexi was still very attached to her dolls and still liked to take them places, especially her nicer ones. She was pretty responsible with her toys, so she felt she should be able to bring t with her. 

(What is the precedent in the story?  When my kids were younger, I didn't let them take the toys in the store because I always feared that the clerk would put up a fuss and say they tried to steal it... if we were going to a store that has dolls in it.  If we went into a restaurant, or a place that had very few toys, then I was more lenient.)

Bao looked over and smiled.

She got up and went to put her shoes on as well since the nice lady was doing so.  Normally, in China, she didn't wear shoes in the house because it was considered dirty to do so.