LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Threat

I'm not sure how much our community has given thought to this. We live in a day and age where STD's are becoming more and more common. Do people realize that herpes specifically can be transmitted through a toilet seat. It's not likely to happen in a personal home, but it's definitely a risk with public restrooms.

I have a friend that contracted herpes through a toilet seat. I guess that when the sores are open it leaves behind a puss-like residue that creates a high risk for anyone coming in contact of it. I dunno, I just felt like sharing since it really makes me hate public restrooms even more. It justifies wearing diapers in public. :whistling:

I really don't know that much about it myself - however the possibility of spreading diseases through public toilet seats is why a lot of public restrooms now days have a dispenser for disposable toilet set covers - this way you are NOT sitting directly on the toilet seat, just on that cover, then either flush it, or throw it away when you are finished.

I've always understood that it's an Urban Myth that STI's can be contracted from loo seats, so when I read this thread it made me wonder if there had been some new research to the contrary. So, I just did a bit of googling to find out, but I haven't discovered one reliable source that has made me change my mind.

To quote just one -

"It is possible to get herpes simplex by having sex with an infected person who has never had any signs or symptoms.

You can't catch genital herpes from hugging, sharing baths, towels, cups, plates or cutlery, or from toilet seats or swimming pools."

The full article is to be found here

www.bbc.co.uk/relationships/sex_and_sexual_health/stis_herpes.shtml

Dolly

I think it's sorta like AIDS. With AIDS you can contract it by coming on contact with their saliva or blood. Ok, this is kinda hard to explain.

But if someone with herpes has an outbreak and it's broken open for some reason, then there's the possibility that it could leave a residue (the puss) behind.

To be honest I don't know all the specs, but it happened to a friend without having sex so I don't really know. I just thought it was something to give a thought to.

All I will add to this is that there are NO recorded incidents of STI's (Sexually Transmitted Infections, e.g. Herpes HIV, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Clamydia etc) being contracted from loo seats.

May I suggest that anyone who has contracted an STI in this fashion should treat it as a notifiable disease and inform the relevant authorities.

I'm sure it will be worth their while, as they will make medical history!

D <_< lly