LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Joking With People About Your Incontinence

I have had incontinence for most of my life and just recently become fully incontinent. I just wondering how many people joke with other about there incontinence? I some times use it as a way to cope with it and kinda make it a fun thing. Like I have a friend whos 18 month old baby just loves me when I come over. I always say to them you know us diapered folks have to stick together. I hang with one of my friends quite a bit and he know my condition. we were waching a movie one night at the end of the movie he said that scared the piss out of me and I said yup and now I must go and change. I hate public restrooms so on long trips I double up on my diapers (tear a hole in one and put on another) and when I ride I ride with a friend and I tell him that when he needs go to the bathroom just let me know because I will just drive until I need to feed the car with gas. he tells me that he needs to go to the bathroom. So I do at a truck stop or some place like that to let him go when he gets back he ask me if I am going to go to the bathroom and I tell him am right now. anyways I keep on rambling on about this. how do you cope with incontinence in front of others? Have you tryed it in a joking way? What works with you?

Tanks,

Diaper Mike

My best "coping" mechanism is to not really think about it. I don't let the fact I'm incontinent really run my life. I mean, yeah, I hang around here more often than I probably should lol..but I'm discreet, and really don't refrence or lead on that I'm inco.

After all...I can hear, see, stand, walk, talk..how is it exactly a disability other than a social one? =)

I often have a joke with my lovely wife about not needing the loo as I have mine fitted already ! :thumbsup:

We often go out to town and she will be panicking about where the nearest loo is and I will just be standing there looking as if to say-and your point is ?

She often says "oh it's alright for you then dear" with a knowing wink ! :blush:

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY" :band:

• 1 month later...

since becoming incontinent my dad has never given up a chance to make a joke about it which im fine with because he's always careful to do it when no-one who doesnt know is about.

but since last autumn the jokes have somewhat dissappeared......why i hear you ask.

well he had prostrate problems last year and during a rather severe UTI had to go see the doctor but was being caught short alot of the time so he had no choice but to come round to my house and borrow some yes you guessed it borrow some diapers. (it was like a gift from heaven) after he was treated and given the all clear from cancer and other nasty stuff it was my turn to make the jokes after that i think the novelty wore off for him as his jokes seemed to fade rather quickly.

although he still likes to mention occasionally at least he only had to wear them for a couple of days LOL