LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Learning To Use The Potty (private for Carrie96 and me)

Omo90210

"Good job, buddy!" Sharon got him cleaned up, got him a fresh sippy cup of watered-down juice, and took him back to his play room. "Tell Mommy when you have to pee-pee again. Let's see if you can keep your pull-up dry until bedtime. If you feel even a little bit of a tingle in your bottom, tell Mommy so we can get to the potty before you wet your pull-up, okay?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Remember how your bottom feels right now. You probably have to pee-pee, but not so badly that you're about to wet your pants. When you feel like this, you need to go ahead and tell Mommy you have to potty so we'll have time to get here before you pee-pee in your pull-up because you can't hold it anymore."

Sharon was sitting on the back porch, sipping a glass of wine and planning what to say to Paul. She knew he wouldn't be happy about finding James in a pull-up when he undressed him for his bath. She had stopped referring to it as an "accident" when James pottied in his pull-up, and she just acted like she did for a normal diaper change when that happened. The only difference was that he had to be changed after each wetting, and messy accidents wouldn't be contained by the pull-up as well as wetting accidents.

"He's been waking up dry most days and hiding behind the table in the living room to poop for a couple of weeks, now. He woke up dry Tuesday morning, and then grabbed himself and said 'uh-oh' right before he wet his diaper. After reading a lot of contradicting articles about it, I realized that the best approach depends upon the individual child, and James is such a pleaser, that I think he'll be overwhelmed if we wait and then just put him in underwear. If we can ease him into it, then by the time he starts wearing underwear, he'll have a good enough grasp on it to where he doesn't have so many accidents." Sharon paused to take a sip of wine.

"He pooped in his pull-up on Tuesday, but he told me in time to take him to the potty first yesterday and today. I've been taking him to try to pee first thing in the morning, before bed, before and after his nap, and before we leave the house to go somewhere. By the time he's in underwear, I hope he'll be used to that routine and we won't have to prompt him to go at those times. We'll still need to make sure he goes at those times, even after he's potty-trained, but I'd rather him realize that himself than for us to have to tell him every time. He's still not getting much warning that he has to pee before he wets his pull-up, but he's made it to the potty first a few times."

Sharon smirked. "See? It's working already. Of course, if he gets really upset about it, or just doesn't seem to get it, then I'll put him back in diapers and back off, but it's such a waste to keep using diapers during the day when he's capable of going to he toilet some and using fewer pull-ups."

• Like 1

Sharon walked in and picked him up. "Good morning, sweetheart!" She gently squeezed the front of his diaper through his pajamas. "You're dry! Let's go sit on the potty. Do you feel like you have to pee-pee?"