LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Learning To Use The Potty (private for Carrie96 and me)

Omo90210

"Oh, buddy." Sharon knew he'd be finished wetting himself before she was able to get his pants and pull-up off, so she just stopped and held him while he wet his pants to avoid a mess. "Let's go change." She kissed his warm forehead and took him to his room to clean him up and get him into a dry pull-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharon wondered if it was a bit too much to expect him to use the toilet while he was so sick, but he'd been doing pretty well, and she didn't want him to backslide. "Tell you what. You haven't seen Nana much since you got really good at using the potty. Why don't you try to show her how good you are this afternoon, and, if you still feel yucky tomorrow and want a diaper, then you can wear one until you're better. Until then, either Nana, Daddy or I will take you to the potty when you need to go, or we'll have to change you right away if you wet your pull-up. You'll have to get up either way, but it's faster to use the potty than to change you, so try to use the potty instead of your pull-up, okay?"

"That's my good boy." Sharon wiped James with a wet wipe, put a dry pull-up on him, and zipped his pajamas up. "Come on, sweet boy, let's go rock." She picked James up and carried him back to the living room.

Sharon warmed up leftover soup from the night before for her and James's lunch. After they'd eaten, she took him to try to go potty before putting a diaper on him for his nap. "Nana will be here in just a few minutes, so she's going to rock you for your nap, okay? When you wake up, she's going to put you back in a pull-up, so make sure you tell her when you have to pee-pee or poop. If you go potty in your pants, she'll be able to tell like Mommy can, so don't try to potty in your pull-up and expect her not to change you right after you do it. It's faster to use the potty than it is to get changed, isn't it?"

Sharon kissed his forehead. "Okay, honey. That's all I want you to do." She gave him some medicine and juice, and by that time, her mom had arrived. "Hi, Mom. Thanks so much for coming to help me."

"You're welcome, honey," Caroline answered. "Jamesey! What's the matter with Nana's sweet boy?!" She held her hands out for the toddler.

Caroline smiled sympathetically when she heard James start wetting.

Sharon took a break from working and went to talk to her mom. Asking her to help actually served two purposes, as she wanted her mom's opinion of whether she should take James to the doctor. "Hey, Mom. Do you think I should try to wait out this cold or whatever it is, or do you think I should call his pediatrician?"

Caroline pressed her hand to James's forehead again. "His temperature doesn't seem to be too high. Does he seem to be feeling worse than he did yesterday?" Sharon shook her head. "Unless he gets worse, his fever goes up again without going back down, or his ears seem to hurt, then I would wait a couple more days. I hate to see him not feeling good, and I know you do, too, but his pediatrician will probably just say it's viral and to wait and see unless he's had a fever for three or four days."

Sharon nodded. "I was thinking the same thing. I just feel like I should be doing more for him."

"You and Paul are taking good care of him, honey. You're doing plenty. I know you feel helpless, but, I hate to tell you, it never gets easier to see your children sick."

Sharon had started working again after her conversation with her mom, but when she realized she hadn't heard anything from James, she went to the living room to see if he was still sleeping. "My goodness," Sharon murmured, when she found James still asleep in her mom's arms. She pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead. "He doesn't feel like his temperature has gone up, does he?"

Caroline felt his forehead. "I don't think so. It's good that he's able to sleep like this. It's the best thing for him."

Sharon gently squeezed James's diaper through his pajamas. "Hmm, he's soaked. I'll listen for him to wake up, but if I don't hear him, will you please get him to try to potty and put a pull-up on him when he wakes up?"

"Sure. How's he been doing with potty-training? Last couple of days aside, anyway."

Sharon smiled. "He's done pretty well. He's down to just a few accidents a week, so I'd switched him to cloth training pants right before he got sick. I put him back in pull-ups when he got sick, though. He's still far from what I would consider to be trained, and I still remind him to go if he hasn't been in a while or if I can tell he's uncomfortable, so he'd probably have more accidents if I didn't do that."

Caroline nodded. "That's pretty good for this age, especially for a boy. According to the stereotypes, anyway. You and your brother were the opposite. He was a dream to train, and I thought I'd be sending you to college in diapers."

Sharon rolled her eyes. "That's enough of that. I'm working in the kitchen if you need me."

"Oh, sweetie, it's okay. You slept for a long time, and you don't feel good. I knew you were going to pee-pee in your diaper while you were sleeping. That's why Mommy put it on you before your nap. It's okay, sweet boy." Caroline waited a couple of minutes to let James wake up a little bit. "All right, sweetie, let's get you out of this wet diaper and try to go potty."