LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Learning To Use The Potty (private for Carrie96 and me)

Omo90210

"They've played together very well," Sharon answered. She took a few sips of beer before continuing. "Carter didn't use the toilet once this morning, so I've been taking him regularly this afternoon, hoping he'll get tired of going so often and start going by himself again. And James wet during his nap, but he hasn't had any other accidents. He has a lot of accident-free days now, but I'm also usually reminding him to pay attention to whether he needs to go several times a day. I didn't remind him once today, though. I think he's been careful not to have an accident with Carter here....Speaking of which, it's about time for Carter to take another potty trip." She set her beer down and called for Carter to come to her.

"James also hasn't pee-peed in his pants today, except for during his nap," Sharon explained. "Next time you're here, if you can show me that you'll go potty by yourself and not wet your pants, then I won't make you go so much." She led Carter to the bathroom and waited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Come on, let's try to make it--oh, honey." Sharon knelt beside James when she saw the wet stain spread through his fingers and across his crotch. "Honey, you did so good today. You kept your pants dry for most of the day, with a friend to distract you and without Mommy reminding you to go potty! It was just an accident. Let's go change."

Anna arrived to pick up Carter soon after Sharon and James got back outside. "How was he?"

"He wet his pants twice this morning, and his pull-up was wet when he woke up from his nap. I think he's honestly holding it until he can't anymore, he just won't go to the toilet when he knows he has to go. I didn't fuss at him at all, but I did clean him up and change him a little more slowly than normal, hoping he would see that it was faster to stop playing and go potty than to wet his pants."

Anna rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry. What about this afternoon?"

"I started making him try to potty every thirty minutes. He had to either sit for five minutes or pee-pee before he could get up. He didn't like it, but I told him that I wouldn't make him do that next time he came over if he could prove to me that he would go potty by himself before he wet his pants. I think he's starting to see that using the potty is more convenient than the consequences of having an accident."

"Thanks, Sharon," Anna replied. "I'll keep that up tonight and tomorrow. I think it did both of us some good to have a break from each other. I know he's not having accidents to make me angry, but he can also control it, for the most part, so it's hard to stay patient. I did miss him by this afternoon, though."

Sharon nodded. "I know. It's so much easier to be patient with other people's children. James is still too young to have a good grasp on the potty thing, but it's hard for me to stay patient sometimes, too. Why don't you let me have another day with Carter tomorrow? Maybe we can make a little more progress, and I got so much work done with him here to entertain James. I won't have so much to do tomorrow and can relax a little bit."

"Let you?! He is all yours! I'll reciprocate with James sometime next week."

"Sounds good."