LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers And Bladder Training

Hi everyone,

I have been a diaper lover for aslong as I can remember and for the past five years or so have been struggling with two bladder problems.

1. Feeling like I need to pee all the time, even when I'm not drinking. When I am drinking its almost unbearable and its always noticable to others how often I go to the bathroom. This alone is not so bad but...

2. Sometimes I cannot pee, usually when anxious or nervous. I can never pee in a urinal unless I'm sure no one else will come in, I can usually go in a stall but not always. Sometimes I cannot go even at home if I am particularly agitated and there are people I don't trust around. The only time I can be certain is when I am at home, either alone or with people I trust and when I am wearing a diaper of course.

One naturally agrevates the other and has become a real problem in social situations at times. The problem is what to do about it. I've tried the doctors, who dismissed it as stress and simply said "Just try to relex before you go". This never helped.

My girlfriend (at the time) made an interesting observation; It was likely the reason I couldn't pee when nervous was because I was going so often that I didn't really need to go (not always the case, especially when drinking alcohol). So to help this she suggested bladder retraining, which means trying not to go so reagularly, usually in gradual steps so you make the gap larger as you go. If I only pee when I really need to maybe the other problem would be less prevalent. She did not know about my diapers (no one I know personally does) but I thougt of them imidiately.

So how could diapers help? You may think that wearing a diaper would make you less inclined to hold it in. Maybe fo some it would. I decided to try it recently now that I am single and uni finished for christmas so I had a good five days when no-one was around. I wore diapers 24/7 the whole time and I found that it relieved any anxiety I had about needing to go. I went hours without going, usually to the point where I was practically wetting myself anyway.

Now I am staying with friends for xmas I am no longer wearing diapers but I still feel more confident about going out and not worrying about having trouble peeing. I go much longer without going even when drinking?

I was wondering though if this sort of thing is ever done professionally. If not, why not, could there be complications from doing this too often? I would appreciate any input anyone has.

in this area bladder traing would be a attempt to retrain the bladder or nevers to tell you of need

or to learn trip training

think your post would be bette off in a different area as theroom is for people that have to wear

i know many peoiple who wear diapers full time that have control just the wearing of diapers will not over come the potty training part of our lifes as we grew up

there is nothing you can really do that will make you to be with out control other then the way most of us got here that is to be born with no control infection that removes control or accident

just be glad you have control and you can be a dl as it is a lot better then being [AD adult in diapers]

Hi everyone,

I have been a diaper lover for aslong as I can remember and for the past five years or so have been struggling with two bladder problems.

1. Feeling like I need to pee all the time, even when I'm not drinking. When I am drinking its almost unbearable and its always noticable to others how often I go to the bathroom. This alone is not so bad but...

2. Sometimes I cannot pee, usually when anxious or nervous. I can never pee in a urinal unless I'm sure no one else will come in, I can usually go in a stall but not always. Sometimes I cannot go even at home if I am particularly agitated and there are people I don't trust around. The only time I can be certain is when I am at home, either alone or with people I trust and when I am wearing a diaper of course.

One naturally agrevates the other and has become a real problem in social situations at times. The problem is what to do about it. I've tried the doctors, who dismissed it as stress and simply said "Just try to relex before you go". This never helped.

My girlfriend (at the time) made an interesting observation; It was likely the reason I couldn't pee when nervous was because I was going so often that I didn't really need to go (not always the case, especially when drinking alcohol). So to help this she suggested bladder retraining, which means trying not to go so reagularly, usually in gradual steps so you make the gap larger as you go. If I only pee when I really need to maybe the other problem would be less prevalent. She did not know about my diapers (no one I know personally does) but I thougt of them imidiately.

So how could diapers help? You may think that wearing a diaper would make you less inclined to hold it in. Maybe fo some it would. I decided to try it recently now that I am single and uni finished for christmas so I had a good five days when no-one was around. I wore diapers 24/7 the whole time and I found that it relieved any anxiety I had about needing to go. I went hours without going, usually to the point where I was practically wetting myself anyway.

Now I am staying with friends for xmas I am no longer wearing diapers but I still feel more confident about going out and not worrying about having trouble peeing. I go much longer without going even when drinking?

I was wondering though if this sort of thing is ever done professionally. If not, why not, could there be complications from doing this too often? I would appreciate any input anyone has.

Rickibrat: This *does* belong in incontinence, as it is basically a medical discussion about plumbing that doesn't really work properly.

Umm, have a look at "shy bladder"...which is part of what you are describing. However, it also sounds like your bladder gets irritated and/or infected, as constantly having to go is a usual result of a UTI (urinary tract infection). That constant irritation is something you need to get checked out if it doesn't resolve with a little training. It is a problem you can get from wearing diapers.

Standard home remedy for UTI is cranberry juice, undiluted, not the cocktail. It'll set you back a couple of pounds for a quart and is bitter sour. Dilute, during or after drinking, but don't sweeten. Standard Dr remedy for UTI is "Bactrim".

As for shy bladder, it is all about training. Don't know exactly what the pros do, but if a session in diaper relaxes you, then you are onto something -- what the pros do is all about relaxation. You might also want to discuss the anxiety issues (which are *way* beyond normal here) with a therapist. The complications of wearing diapers are the usual ones: rash, needing to keep them private, needing to change at ackward times, expense. I don't think you will run into the other complication of diapering constantly, which is training yourself to need diapers because you are no longer controlling when you pee or poop. You are working yourself in the opposite direction.

Oh, and get those people you mistrust out of your life...drinking around people you don't trust isn't really all that safe.

Dill Pickle