LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Going Into Hospital

Ok, I'm going into hospital for a couple of nights in about 3 weeks time (nothing serious - just painful) and would really like to spend at least some of the time in diapers. I'm not asking the normal DL hospital question - how do I get the hot nurse to diaper me, I was just wondering how a person would bring it up in the real world. I was thinking about ringing the ward a day before hand, and telling them that I sleep wet. I could then ask whether they wanted me to bring my own diapers. I am going in the evening before the operation, so that I'm there for the early morning start. I was thinking about mentioning it to the nurse on duty that evening. For most of the second day I'll be pretty much out of it, but would really love to wake up in a diaper. One thing that I don't want to end up with is a catheter. Should I tell them that I'm totally incontinent at night time, so that a catheter won't help? I don't want to get labeled as 'that wierd pervert', but rather be a non-descript person who happens to have a medical condition requiring diapers. Any suggestions? Have any of you ever been in this situation?

i would bring my own diapers, and mention that you sleep wet. and make sure you tell them, you dont want to be cathederized.

your in the uk, but here, if you tell them not to put it in, they wont. not unless your going in for emergency surgery, then your a stuffed pig,,lol

good luck in your operation, and i hope you get to wake in a diaper. let us know how you make out.

Ok, I'm going into hospital for a couple of nights in about 3 weeks time (nothing serious - just painful) and would really like to spend at least some of the time in diapers. I'm not asking the normal DL hospital question - how do I get the hot nurse to diaper me, I was just wondering how a person would bring it up in the real world. I was thinking about ringing the ward a day before hand, and telling them that I sleep wet. I could then ask whether they wanted me to bring my own diapers. I am going in the evening before the operation, so that I'm there for the early morning start. I was thinking about mentioning it to the nurse on duty that evening. For most of the second day I'll be pretty much out of it, but would really love to wake up in a diaper. One thing that I don't want to end up with is a catheter. Should I tell them that I'm totally incontinent at night time, so that a catheter won't help? I don't want to get labeled as 'that wierd pervert', but rather be a non-descript person who happens to have a medical condition requiring diapers. Any suggestions? Have any of you ever been in this situation?

Oh shit! I was just thinking about this today before this was posted! Well beforehand I would mention it and ask if you could bring your own diapers. Explain yourself to the nurse, make them understand. You don't like catheter. Act like a baby a little. Might help! I been in this situation before as far as diapers in a hospital. I was 18. I was walking home from a party summer of 99''. School ended and got a little crazy. I had too much whiskey and beer. I deceided to split after certain people were causing a disturbance and I knew the police would be coming around to bust the party up. I didn't to be a fuck up right as an young adult at 18. I black out on the way home and went through a construction site that had dug a huge dig for water lines. No pipes. Just an abyess about 15 feet. A worker found me down there, unsure how they got me out. I remember being on a gurney being wheeled to the anamblance. I damage my head and my back pretty good. My head to get stiches and they inserted a catheter in me, and felt a sharp pain in a groin. After I told them I needed to pee. Later after the short surgery and was wheel into a recovery room to rest without the catheter in me. Hours later in the recovery room I needed to pee again but was unable to move my back. It hurt so bad I could barely walk or move swifly. The nurse who kept checking on me for my blood pressure I asked her I needed to urnite but didn't want a catheter stuck in me. I told her it hurts. I don't want it. She came back with another nurse and a diaper to diaper me. It was quick. I peed, changed me. They were nice and experts diapering me. I went home with a diaper under my sweats clothes. I was never charged with underage drinking.

its actually real easy when the intake nurse calls you and they ask about anything related to bladder or bowel you say yes and when they ask if they is anything else you inform them that you are suffer form bladder leakage they wil lask how you take care of it and that will that

the nurses will read you chart and take apperoitate action for you

Alan - I have been to the hospital a few times and I have a ligitimate need to wear diapers. First off it is no big deal! Bring your own diapers when you check-in and explain to the admitting nurse that you need them at night and that is all that you will need to say. Don't play any games of "accidently" wetting the bed just tell them up front. Catherters are an invasive process that can lead to discomfort and infection, the nurses are not interested cath'ing anyone they do not have to. Depending on what you are having done you may find you want to wear diapers all of the time in the hospital (I do) so you can dose all day without fear of wetting. You may also require help with a change, accept the help if it is offered and you need it.

Frankly I would never let them use a catheter on me. I'm a microbiologist, and I know from literature that 60% of all nosocomial infections (things you get while at hospital) are caused by them. if you want a valid excuse to get them to diaper you, just tell them that you don't want to take the risk, and would rather wear a diaper.

its the truth, a nurse will understand it, and you don't have to label yourself as a DL if you don't want to.

frankly though, I would be worried about giving the nurse the salute while she was diapering me.

Well, time for a report back. I rang the hospital's short stay unit where I was told to report. I told them that I was incontinent when I'm asleep, and asked whether I should bring my own protection. The nurse on duty didn't really know, but said "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea". I reported in with them at 6pm on Monday evening, and when I turned up (With about 10 Abena X-Plus in my bag) I was shown to my bed, and asked the nurse where I should put my diapers. She was a little taken back - the other nurse obviously hadn't told her anything. She said to pop them into the bedside cabinet where they could be got at. I met the anethesatist and surgeon, then sat around watching the tv and reading. As a side matter, the mattress was covered in a type of rubber material, the duvet was completely made of a rubber material, and the pillows had protectors on - they are obviously used to this kind of thing. At 9pm, everybody was starting to get ready for bed, and as I started to get ready, the nurse came up to me and without prompting drew the curtains around my bed, and said "I thought you might like a little privacy. Would you like any help?" I thanked her for the curtains, but declined the offer of help. That night I didn't sleep very well, but my diaper was more than a little wet in the morning. The nurse came along, and pointed me in the right direction for the shower, and suggested that as my operation (on my ankle and lower leg) was booked for an hours time, that I might want to "Wear more protection, as I would be asleep for a little while". I guess they didn't want me peeing on their operating table. I didn't need telling twice, so took another diaper with me to the shower. I woke up from the operation feeling somewhat groggy, and after about an hour had come around enough to wonder about my diaper - unfortunately it was dry. I hadn't been allowed to eat or drink anything since lunch time the day before. A while later I ended back on the ward, and started drinking to get rid of the nasty taste in my mouth, and because I had a very sore throat from where they had tubed me during the op. About 6pm I was somewhat doped up on pain killers, but started to need to pee, so decided there and then to pee in my diaper. I don't know how long later, a nurse came to check on me and in the couse of looking at my leg must have noticed that my diaper was soggy. She went to get a collegue, and then drew the curtains. With one nurse either side (one pretty, one more motherly), they took the wet diaper off me and re-diapered me. It was a reasonable job - they had obviously done it before, but it was a little loose. Once done, they gave me some more pain killers and left me alone to sleep. Wednesday morning I woke up at about 6am needing to go to the toilet both ways. As I couldn't move at all, I decided that I could get away with it, as I could blame the pain killers if anybody asked, so went there and then. It was quite a thrill, but I managed to get back to sleep. I guess around 8am a different nurse came around, and knew all about my incontinence, as she asked me discreetly but directly whether I needed a "Freshen up". I said that I did, and because I couldn't lift myself off the bed (op on ankle), two nurses came to sort me out again. They didn't flinch at all when they found what state I was in - they simply sorted it out but didn't re-diaper me. The rest of the morning was checking to see that the wound was healing nicely, and that I can get around on crutches. 1pm saw my wife coming to collect me from hospital to take me home. An excellent experience all round.

One little extra bit - my wife knows that I enjoy wearing diapers, bt only joins in occasionally; either wearing herself, changing me, or doing other things. When we got home, she immediately asked whether I would like a diaper on, so that I wouldn't have to bother getting up to the toilet. I agreed instantly, and have been sat around for the last couple of days with a thick Abena on. She won't change me, but has no problems with me wearing all day and all night. Long may it last. Sorry that this is something of an epic post, but I thought that you might like to know what went on.