LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Funny Story About Whats Happening To Prisons In Southwest Missouri

BUFFALO, Mo. (Nov. 8) - Prisoners returning to a southwest Missouri county jail damaged in a failed breakout will find a new color scheme - pink with blue teddy bear accents.

The Dallas County Detention Center is being repainted a soft shade of pink in an effort to better manage sometimes volatile detainees. Dallas County Sheriff Mike Rackley said he decided to update the look as part of extensive repairs necessary after inmates set a fire and vandalized the interior in an escape attempt.

"Basically, if they are going to act like children and commit a childish act, then we'll make a childish atmosphere," he said. "And its a calming thing; Teddy bears are soothing. So we made it like a day care, and that's kind of like what it is, a day care for adults who can't control their behavior in public."

A month after the Oct. 8 incident, the county's 30-plus prisoners are in neighboring jails while repairs continue. The new paint job includes stenciled blue teddy bear accents.

"How do you feel tough in a pink atmosphere?" Rackley said of the new color scheme, which was inspired by similar redecorating efforts at jails in Texas and Arizona.

BUFFALO, Mo. (Nov. 8) - Prisoners returning to a southwest Missouri county jail damaged in a failed breakout will find a new color scheme - pink with blue teddy bear accents.

I just hope they don't go overboard with the pink. Color studies have been done for a long time when it comes to psychology (I'm a marketing exec/ad designer with LOTS of schooling in the psychology of color) and it has been known for a while that the color pink can actually make people physically weaker -- in small doses. After the study was done, for instance, many prisons and asylums put in "pink rooms" where aggravated inmates could be put to calm down. The problem was, no long-term studies had been done up to that point and it was quickly learned that too much exposure to pink would actually have the opposite effect and upset/enrage people. (So think about that before you cover your newborn baby girl's nursery, clothes and toys in pink, pink, pink and more pink).

As for the whole "day care" thing: heh heh heh :lol: That's pretty funny.

Floaty

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been a little bothered by these tacts... The premise of the pink themes is that female = bad, shameful, etc. This is a fairly misogynistic thought-process. While these decor schemes may well have effective results (though I am aware of nothing more than anectdotal evidence saying they do), I believe it comes at the cost of perpetuating ad legitimating a pretty major anti-woman undercurrent in the construction of masculinity. Given that it is reasonable to expect that the criminal population is especially prone to carrying out violence against women, I think that it is perhaps not the best idea to make prison a direct re-enforcement of anti-woman thinking.

Surrounding them in pink as a means of humiliating them essentialy stems from the same source as calling a man a "pussy" as an insult. The casual employment of such devices is, in my opinion, less than positive.

This is *not* to say that nursery themed prisons don't make good material for erotic stories... ;-p

Please don't read my post to mean that I agree with anti-woman thinking. What i am saying is, if you call a man a woman, or tell a man that he has female characteristics, that is a serious insult. Do I need to list the actual insults? "Pussy," "Sissy," "girly boy," "bitch," etc. The ascription of female characteristics to males is insulting in a way that is not so much true in reverse. If you tell a woman that she *looks* like a man, that is an insult, but if you tell a woman that she *acts* like a man, that is actually something more of a compliment.

How could those things be true if not for an assumption of female inferiority?

These jail programs play off that assumption.

Please don't read my post to mean that I agree with anti-woman thinking. What i am saying is, if you call a man a woman, or tell a man that he has female characteristics, that is a serious insult. Do I need to list the actual insults? "Pussy," "Sissy," "girly boy," "bitch," etc. The ascription of female characteristics to males is insulting in a way that is not so much true in reverse. If you tell a woman that she *looks* like a man, that is an insult, but if you tell a woman that she *acts* like a man, that is actually something more of a compliment.

How could those things be true if not for an assumption of female inferiority?

These jail programs play off that assumption.

What's wrong with a guy who has some female characteristics?

Guest John_Q_Sample

I think what powderwhite is trying to say is that the jailers are attempting to humiate the prisoners by putting them in a pink atmosphere. That the association of pink and female will be humilating to these hardened guys. I do not think Powderwhite is trying to insult anybody in his response, just pointing out the obvious tactic that these jailers are using, right or wrong...

Well, I don't think you can strictly say it's an insult against women, because after all, they include blue teddy bears in the theme, and blue is associated with males.

Personally, I think the prisoners will be really mad for the first few weeks, and then they'll just get used to it. If they will actually find it comforting eventually is a point of debate. Although, perhaps if they gave real teddy bears to them too, it would work. ;)

I think it's a pretty good idea. It would be humiliating for the tough-guy prisoners to be in a day care-like atmosphere surrounded by soft colors and designs like pink and teddy bears.

LOL . Start using handcuffs that have colors. (they do exist). Yellow for having a good behavior. Green for having an attitude :badmood: and Red for major time out. Agressive behavior.

Great... What's next ? pink ribbons in the hair instead of handcuffs ???

I wouldn't mind spending time in a pink prison, if I had to go to prison that is, I like that colour. I even havce a pink room in my house !

The Dallas County Detention Center is being repainted a soft shade of pink in an effort to better manage sometimes volatile detainees. Dallas County Sheriff Mike Rackley said he decided to update the look as part of extensive repairs necessary after inmates set a fire and vandalized the interior in an escape attempt.

"Basically, if they are going to act like children and commit a childish act, then we'll make a childish atmosphere," he said. "And its a calming thing; Teddy bears are soothing. So we made it like a day care, and that's kind of like what it is, a day care for adults who can't control their behavior in public."

A month after the Oct. 8 incident, the county's 30-plus prisoners are in neighboring jails while repairs continue. The new paint job includes stenciled blue teddy bear accents.

"How do you feel tough in a pink atmosphere?" Rackley said of the new color scheme, which was inspired by similar redecorating efforts at jails in Texas and Arizona.