LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Intermittent Catheter for One Night Use

Been researching catheters and diapers and was wondering if anyone has experience using an intermittent(non foley) catheter overnight? I'm thinking of inserting it before I go to bed, diapering, and removing it in the morning. Anyone tried this approach? I understand the risks but as long as I keep things sterile I think I can minimize those risks. I'm more concerned about the non Foley catheter slipping, etc. thoughts anyone?

It will come out in your sleep (or within a hour)

And don't push it back in, it's no safe now to do.

You have to use the balloon type with a diaper or it just slide out, the balloon holds it in place and makes it so if you don't deflate it, it can't come out.

Just to remind you diapers are vary unsafe to drain a catheter into, keep it clean and no poop!

Both issues have come up many times here.

Intermittent catheters migrate out.

Catheters absolutely can be allowed to drain into your diapers. You do have to be careful though as people who are more prone to getting infections may get one this way. Otherwise change often and drink cranberry juice.

Cool. Thanks for the tips. I think I'll try the Foley catheter and see how it goes. I have both types of catheters on order so maybe I'll use an intermittent one for practice. I hope the foley ones come with the sterile water syringe, didn't really check when I ordered.

If you ordered or have a foley insertion tray (some come with a catheter, butosy do not) the insertion tray will have lube, underpad, drape, iodine swabs, and the syringe with sterile water.