LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dry247 web site hacked - information compromised

stork

One other thing is NEVER sign the back of your card.

Write in 'check photo ID'

This makes it harder to use as they then need a photo ID with your name on it if a store checks.

I second this. I have "see i.d." on mine, but any variation of this will do. As for still requiring a signature, it's your other I.D. that has the signature on it. So long as your name matches on both cards, then the signature becomes validated that way. I have had to explain this to a couple of managers over the years, but have always refused to sign my check or credit cards.

And yes, even today, only a fraction of people ever actually look at the back like they are supposed to. I always thank those people, especially if they ask for my I.D.

On an old radio talk show mostly about financial matters, the host related how he started signing his checks with "Mickey Mouse" and that it was hundreds of checks and over two months later that his bank called to verify a check he wrote. A teller who knew him well just happened to see his name on the check and she looked at the siggy, but nobody else had :whistling: He'd already tried not signing some (with the friendly recipient in the know) to see what would happen, and that's when he discovered that the automated equipment and the people at the banks only look for a signature- any signature and not necessarily your signature- where it's supposed to be before sending it along for billing <_< It's only when there's a question of validity that someone actually takes more than a glance :screwy:

I do that with mine........they rarely look at the card. I would say 1 in 25 transactions will they ask to see my I.d. Once I went to the post office and used a card to pay which had "ASK FOR I.D." on the back........they said they would not accept it without my signature, they made me sign It right there on the spot if I wanted to use the car.

We used to have a merchant account. They sent us a letter stating exactly as above. We were NOT to accept the chard unless it was SIGNED. If the customer wouldn't sign it then the sale was terminated. The card contract you agree to when using a CC states that the card isn't valid until signed.

The card contract you agree to when using a CC states that the card isn't valid until signed.

And you had to sign that contract, didn't you know what you were agreeing to? :P Bruce was right, most people don't realize what they're getting themselves into because they don't look :o

You're both absolutely right. But as it's also pointed out, if the bank's not going to be looking out for you, and neither is the cashier, the you have to do something to protect your self.

By not signing the back of my card I am adding an extra layer of protection to keep me covered (pun intended). If there is ever a dispute, it gets lost/stolen, or what ever. I can point to the back of my card and say, that fraudulent person had no right to use it in the first place AND the cashier shouldn't have run it without verifying my signature. Something they couldn't have done without me there any ways.

Completely legal or not I have not gotten into any kind of trouble doing this, however, it has gotten me out of it a few times.

• 2 weeks later...