LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Milestones

Remembering what it felt like when I first mail ordered nappies, and that thrill of realisation when a milestone has slipped by, I've compiled a list of the ones I remember fondly.

First the ones in the past I remember fondly (roughly in chronological order):

• The first time I remember staring at a girl about my age who was sucking a dummy in a supermarket, and realised how much I wanted to be like her (8?)
  • Picked up a dummy and secretly sucked it. (12)
  • The moment I realized (reading an old copy of Forum) that I was not alone (14)
  • First night when I made a “plastic bag & paper towel” nappy and tried to wear it all night long. (15)
  • Bought a dummy (15) and kept it for more than a week (19)
  • Bought baby nappies, cut them and taped them to fit (20)
  • Bought Pampers size 6 and modifying the whole packet to fit me (22)
  • Bought my first adult nappies (Tena super) (24)
  • Acknowledged that throwing away dummies was pointless, since I would only have to buy another in a week or two, resolving never to give in the “purge” guilt trip again (24)
  • The first time I bought a whole pack of adult nappies and enjoyed the feeling of being able to change from a wet one into a dry one. Enjoyed the fantasy of “needing” them. Bought my first plastic pants. (25)
  • Mail ordering nappies (Abena) then repeating the mail order for the same nappies from the same place only a month later. (26)
  • Visiting Lifestyles Emporium, trying on clothes, buying cloth all-in-ones and a onesie. (31)
  • Buying a NUK Medic pro and (sucessfully) setting out to become a habitual dummy user. (32) Waking up in the night with my thumb in my mouth (34)
I guess the list does not end here and that at some point other milestones will slip past.

What is your list like?

Tad.

I have been wearing on and off since I can remember...I do go through stages of guilt and then stages of not caring about it and then stages of wearing again...its a big cycle for me...if anything I have calmed down a bit since I have gotten a lil older...from a true AB so a casual DL when the mood strikes me. For me its do what I feel when I feel like it...goals are for work not nappy time.

FB

Hi Tadpole

That is quit some list :)

I have no reollection of any dates other than it used to be round about every two years when the Nappy thing came to the surface and I would have to submit to it by buying some plastic pants and using an old terry type towel as a makeshift Nappy, buying the plastic pants was always a problem as I usually had very little or no money and I even resorted to pinching some plastic pants off the neighbours washing line one night :rolleyes: these pants I managed to keep for years until they didn't fit any more and they "escaped" the "purge" periods for this entire time, must have been about 6 years all told.

Then every time I had the "urge" it was off to the local chemist to buy some new ones (for the baby next door of course) but eventually I outgrew all the baby sized stuff and had to go into town to the big chemists to but "adult" incontinence pants but these rarely lasted for more than 2 years as I soon outgrew them. :badmood:

And then "DISPOSABLES" no looking back, and there was a medical supply company in town that didn't ask any awkward questions :wub: and the Nappies were just affordable :angel_not:

And until about 25 years ago thats how I continued with my liking for Nappies. :P

And then incon struck for real !

* Earliest memory I have is of me at age 1. I'm playing on the floor when I mess myself.

* 4 or 5 years old. My brother is fresh ly potty trained, and so there is still half a package of Pampers in the house. I try them on, but don't use them.

* For the next several years, I would watch diaper commercials in envy.

* At some point, I tried fashioning diapers out of various permutations of paper towels and plastic bags.

* 18 years old. While visiting grandparents' house, I noticed that there was a partial package of Depends, probably left over from the aftermath of my grandfather's prostate surgery. Stole one and wet it, stole another to use later at home.

* 20 years old. While at college, bought package of Depends.

Probably next, mail order. Maybe those ClassyComfort ones.

[*] Buying a NUK Medic pro and (sucessfully) setting out to become a habitual dummy user. (32) Waking up in the night with my thumb in my mouth (34)

I guess the list does not end here and that at some point other milestones will slip past.

What is your list like?

Tad.

I am curious as to what you mean by "successfully" setting out to be a habitual dummy user? Do you have a dummy with you at all times?

I am curious as to what you mean by "successfully" setting out to be a habitual dummy user? Do you have a dummy with you at all times?

Actually at the moment it is my thumb. By "successful" I meant that I changed from sucking my dummy/thumb as a sexual turn-on/role-play to sucking because subconciously I needed something in my mouth. At first I did take my dummy with me when I went away - in fact it was partly going away without my dummy that made me realise how much it had become a need. For about 6 months it was something that I would pack along with my toothbrush on business trips etc. I then discovered my thumb made a very suitable alternative - previousl thumbsucking had been something that I never could do while falling asleep, but it became the natural replacement. Waking up with a thumb in my mouth having not been aware that I had put it there was a nice milestone too.

Tad.

• 1 year later...

Bumping my own thread...

Now approaching 40 I looked back at this list. I guess not much has changed in the last couple of years:

- I had some more time living on my own which, as previously, meant I returned to regular wearing and ordering. Now I tend to wear Tena flex maxi or abri-wings more often than not, and have come to prefer the cloth-like covers over plastic covers. When in a period of wearing regularly some days it can be just like putting underwear on. I can understand how for some people "going 24/7" isn't something they consciously set out to do, but something they one day realize they have become. (I'm not at that stage yet!)

- I also appear to have switch back from my thumb to my dummy. I'm not sure when I started having a spare in my travel-bag, but I guess sometime in the last couple of years I got over the "what if people find out" stage and stopped hiding it.

Anyone else find the passage of time and their self-acceptance of their lifestyle fascinating?

Tad.

Well, I can definitely understand the milestones aspect!

My list:

-Potty-trained early around early 2's by my mother (I was her first)

-Was interested in diapers all the way until I was about 7. Would "borrow" diapers from families we knew who still had babies. Would try to wear them even though most of the time, they didnt quite fit.

-Forgot about diapers until my teens. Began being interested in them again around 13-14. Was an on and off thing, always kinda wanted to wear them during this period.

-Turned 17, was off to college. Found out about the ABDL community on the internet during a psych project on paraphilia's and realized I wasnt a complete freak (got an A on the project too.)

-18, bought my first diapers online, also bought first bag in the store.

-21, graduated college, moved out on my own, and started wearing more frequently.

-22, started wearing 24/7 for a period of about 8 months before retraining myself to using the toilet (which wasnt a cakewalk). Gave it up for a girl I was chasing who I ended up breaking it off with anyway. Went back to wearing only occaisionally.

-24, living overseas now, trying to get more and more involved with the community again, even though I know Im a little more distant. Would like to go back to wearing 24/7.

I have of course gone through the binge and purge cycles....one of the reasons I really dont want to buy cloth diapers given how expensive they are. But such is life I suppose, and thats where I'm looking at heading. Alot cheaper that way than having to have disposables sent all the time. So I guess thats another milestone myself.....buying my first cloth diapers and plastic pants.

Well, I can definitely understand the milestones aspect!

Yes, it the way that things progress that is so interesting. For example, one day buying a bag diaper of diapers from a shop seems so dangerous, devious and, with so many in a bag, crazy... and then only a few years later it suddenly strikes you that you are buying a case at a time without really thinking about it. Link most addictions you don't really notice how habituated you are until after the fact.

Tad.

Very interesting concept your milestones...

Age 5 Running around the house naked after a bath and my great grandmother

yelling "put your panties on and get dressed or I will do it for you" and

then more time ensuing and "if you are not ready for panties maybe I will

diaper you." (I put my undies on and got dressed but it has stuck with me forever).

Age 7-11 Summer Camp, all boys-Two month sleepover style. I remember the first few years where

the kids who wet the bed were ridiculed for wetting the bed, wetting their pants or worse

soiling themselves. The culture made one thankful you did not do any of these issues. I remember being

fascinated with those who had the "problems" especially a good friend who had an accidental pooping.

Nothing was done to address it other than changing wet sheets and the matresses being plastic covered

for everyone. It was not that big a deal as I remember my counselor, a guy maybe 16-18 who was on

his day off, went and got totally wasted winding up in his bed, wet, soiled and barfed in. The big ridicule later

was a pack of baby diapers left on his bed.

Age 12-13 Summer Camp, Coed(thank god). Other than finding a girl to hang with (you always wonder what happened

to the first really cool person you are with), I was fascinated with the underwear of one of my fellow campers...

he had a brand that had double thickness fabric in the seat of the underwear (later I found the advertising most

interesting as it touted extra comfort and absorbant).

Age 12-13 Sleep over running races. Same deal, noticed a friend who had the same double fabric seat undies. I made sure

that my next undies I got were this brand and style.

And so the next question was what to do with these extra absorbant undies. Through the period I was experimentally peeing

in many pairs of my undies (probably 5-8 pairs at once) or better the double thick ones. Well, though they had two layers of fabric

in the seat of them, they did not hold much extra pee based on my personal testing. I tried pooping in my undies with paper

towels or toilet paper in my undies. When I got the double layer ones I felt like I could chance a real poop direct

in the undies and so I did...not much absorbancy but they hid the poop stains. One can get real creative trying to mimic the

feel of a diaper!

Age 14-17 Always noticed the boys who had the double fabric seat undies...

Age 32 Bought my first adult diapers from a medical supply store. OMG if I could have had a heart attack from the stress I would have!

The first time was unreal!

Age 35 First plastic/rubber pants and cloth pull-up diaper.

Age 37 I share with my future wife (now ex) I have a fetish and am DL.

Age 38 Same person tried diapers and wets them for me. Use them during sex.

Age 39 Wearing diapers to work.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

P_P

Now at 20 i have done many things i always wanted like wearing for month straight for example

Now at almost 40... I wonder what at the milestones I still look forwards to?

- I've not done the "wear 24/7 for a month" which would be an interesting experiment (I'm always interested in reading other people's accounts as to how they progressed through various stages of like/dislike/want to give up and on to the realisation that they had achieved their goal and their views once they did). I guess "waking up wet" or "realising they had wet without control" would be a pretty major milestone.

- I guess things like having a diaper pail in the bathroom, or leaving bags on nappies in open view when friends or relatives visit would be a pretty major milestone.

how do you prevent the chaped lips i'd love to get that instinctive urge to suckle back just wish i knew how all you people do it

I must be lucky, since I don't get chapped lips. I do get little "blisters" on the inside of my lip sometimes, but actually I can't remember when the last time was. Maybe you just have to keep trying - set yourself a goal to not stop for a month, no matter what. Worked for me. I get a lot of comfort out of my dummy and since it is a habit that does not harm anyone, I don't need to feel guilty about needing it each night.

Tad.

I can't remember them all, this is what I do remember:

Wanting to sleep in my brothers cot (crib) and wear a nappy (diaper) and plastic pants like him (6)

Seeing a school play where a girl in my class wore a cloth diaper (she was playing a baby) and I thought she looked cute. I was too young to get turned on, but I liked it (9)

Being at my friends house and seeing his sister and her friends getting ready to go out. Wished I could be a girl too and go with them (10)

Started making diapers out of plastic bags, paper towels, old bath towels (12)

Seeing my friends sister wearing a fleecy sleeper and wishing I could have one (13) I fantasised for about 2 years that either his sister or his mum would make me wear it to bed.

First bought baby pants, but found them too small. Kept anyway (13)

Was dressing in my mums nightdresses and homemade diapers, while she was at work. Also sometimes wore her make up (about 14)

Started fantasising about the girls in my class dressing me like a girl (14)

Started buying childish looking girls clothes to wear with homemade diapers (16)

Realised I wasn't the only person in the world who liked baby stuff, when I saw a TV show about AB's (19)

First bought AB clothing, diapers etc (20)

First met another AB (20)

First told a non AB, my then GF (21)

First time I dressed as a baby (girl) in front of other people, at a fetish party in London (22)

Told my wife (34)

Bethany

ISeeing a school play where a girl in my class wore a cloth diaper (she was playing a baby) and I thought she looked cute. I was too young to get turned on, but I liked it (9)

Hum, that is what I would have said a few years ago, but I've since found out that "being turned on" can happen at a *very* early age, which would explain the "funny feeling" I had when I was about 6 and was playing in some rabbit cages with some other children at school.

Realised I wasn't the only person in the world who liked baby stuff, when I saw a TV show about AB's (19)

And I though I was late at 14! Must have been a real surprise. Actually looking back at it I think for me it was almost a disappointment - until then I imagined I was sort of unique!

Tad.

Hum, that is what I would have said a few years ago, but I've since found out that "being turned on" can happen at a *very* early age, which would explain the "funny feeling" I had when I was about 6 and was playing in some rabbit cages with some other children at school.

And I though I was late at 14! Must have been a real surprise. Actually looking back at it I think for me it was almost a disappointment - until then I imagined I was sort of unique!

Tad.

It wasn't a disappointment for me. It felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Up until then I had felt very alone with this, I thought I must be some kind of screwed up TV that liked baby stuff. I really did think I was a perv, and felt nothing but shame over it. Until I left home at 18 I was terrefied everyday that my mum would find my stash in my bedroom, and I would go to school or work thinking "have I hid everything properley, what if I've left something out and mum finds it" (my parents were and are very closed minded and if they had found any of my girls stuff they would have freaked, thinking I was some kind of gay sex monster that wanted a sex change, lol. They would have taken me to the doctor or kicked me out, or both). Then when I did move out and got my own place, I would think "how will I tell a girl about this? I will have to tell one sooner or later".

No mate, for me it was a great relief that I wasn't alone, as it gave me the basis to try and contact other AB's and find out more about the fetish/lifestyle. Having said that, my first attempt at meeting another AB was a bit of a disaster, but it all went well in the end and I've never looked back.

To be honest it amazes me that I was that ignorant at 19, especially when I see some of the posts on here from 18, 19 year olds. They seem so knowledgeable......I guess we have the Internet to thank for that!

Bethany

To be honest it amazes me that I was that ignorant at 19, especially when I see some of the posts on here from 18, 19 year olds. They seem so knowledgeable......I guess we have the Internet to thank for that!

I know - there are plenty of teenagers out there who have explored their ABDL side way more than I've managed in twice the time, and therefore won't spend so much of their 20's and 30's trying to work it all out, with all the damage that can do to relationships. Even if they still have some working out to do, they have a great head start.

Tad.

I know - there are plenty of teenagers out there who have explored their ABDL side way more than I've managed in twice the time, and therefore won't spend so much of their 20's and 30's trying to work it all out, with all the damage that can do to relationships. Even if they still have some working out to do, they have a great head start.

Tad.

Just going back to the old question of 'At what age can you acquire a fetish?' It reminds me of something my wife pointed out to me on a womens problem page. Basically it was from a concerned mother saying that her daughter (who I think was 5 or 6) was toilet trained but still wanted to wear plastic pants over her normal undies. She would throw a tantrum if she didn't get them. I think the general advice was, take them away from her.

I'm not even sure what I would do myself, if that was my daughter. And that raises a separate question doesn't it, namely what would you do if you thought your child was acquiring this fetish?

Bethany

- Playing baby at age 4 with kids my mom was babysitting - they found some old plastic pants my mom had stashed, and the nine year old girl held down her six year old brother and put them on him. This day still sticks in my head.

- Age 7-11 - Baby sister born, peaked my latent diaper interest; lots of Curity diapers, Gerber plastic pants, and even occasionally some Pampers or Huggies. I would sneak them sometimes, and was caught two or three times, but never scolded severely. By the time my sister was about 4, she was wearing those wonderful 80s Pampers all the time, and I could get the XL size on and snugly taped...During this time, I felt my first sexual urges towards diapers.

- Age 11 - By this time my sister was Potty Trained, and my mom had packed up all the diapers and baby stuff, and put it in storage in the basement; my mom found my stash of dirty diapers, and scolded me pretty harshly about it, which kept me away from it for awihle

- Age 12-14 - Wasn't actively wearing, but couldn't look at or think about diapers without getting an erection.

- Age 14-16 - Made garbage bag diapers to masturbate in.

- Age 17 - Found DPF online, and found out I wasn't alone...

- Age 19 - Bought first pack of Attends, would wear them when alone in my room

- Age 21 - 24-7 Diapers for about a year, then burned out, and now I pretty much only wear at home when I want to relax...