LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
lil_angel

My Transition?

A lot about life is in how you approach it. I had a congenial and charismatic friend who applied for a job and was interviewed. They asked him why the part about related work experience was not complete. His reply was "I have as much experience with this as you did when you first started" with a confident smile. After a little more discussion which showed him to be a good intelligent person who was otherwise a good choice overall he got the job.

If you're the kind of person they want and you show a desire to learn and do well they can teach you the rest. That's how the interviewer and everyone else did it and you can do it too. All you have to do is convince them of that, and with a little luck and persistence you'll go far B)

Bettypooh

Oh I am totally confident in my interview skills and the skills/experience I bring to the table.  I met most of what they were looking for in the position I interviewed for and feel that I have a good chance at the next round on Monday.  All I was saying is that I have no way of basing how well I did since I have never interviewed for this industry before.  In my primary industry I can tell right away if it went well enough to advance or not...that just comes from experience ;)

Well I didn't get the job but all good....I'll get the next one!  It was nice to finally interview again though.

Awwwww- we were hoping for better news but I'm glad you're not letting a temporary setback get in the way of life. Success comes to those who persist so keep at it! We're always here to cheer you on :groupwave:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

I now have my second round of lipo scheduled for early May.  Between that and all the work I am putting in at the gym, I think once I'm done with the recovery, I will finally be where I want to be.  And as a bonus, I get to see my sexy doctor again :wub: 

*very excited*

In the end, I was unable to get my second round of lipo *pouts* but it was actually a small price to pay as it lead to finally landing a new full time job!  I will be moving out to Tucson, AZ and getting my career back on track after two years of unemployment.  Other than the six day drive, I am looking forward to this exciting new adventure. :) 

• Like 1

Since moving to Tucson, I have come out of the closet much more than I ever expected to.  I have decided to stay in the closet for now at work, at least until my probation period is over.  But I live the rest of my life as female and that is how 99% of people here know me.

I am amazed with this town...as small as it is, it is very accepting of the trans community.  Now mind you, I do spend my of my time with the kink community, but even in the 'real world', no one even bats an eye.  My neighbors have seen me in both personas and just say hi when they see me.  

I have also found the clinic where most of the trans community goes for health care.  They seem like a great group and really care about helping people transition.  

On a side note, went dancing last night for the first time in forever and had an absolute blast!  It was actually my first time going a dance/night club as Angel.  I should have done that years ago!  Worth every blister I have on my feet today lol.

• Like 2

So I'm a bit upset at my doctor...

Had an appointment with her earlier this week, which I assumed was a follow up appointment like any other.  When she comes in the room, she asks me, "Do you have your signed HRT consent forms?"  To which I replied that I had read through them but didn't know I needed to bring them with me as no one told me to.  Then I asked her to print new ones real quick and I would sign them.  That when she go a bit snippy with me saying that she just didn't have time and I would just have to make another appointment.  I said to her, we were going to spend (by her rule) at least 15 minutes going over them, so how long can it take to reprint them.  She still said no and left.

Normally I wouldn't care about another appointment as it is in two weeks but the way my insurance works, I have to pay a lot of money out of pocket up front before it kicks in, so every appointment is expensive.  But what ya gonna do.  Next appointment made and now I know what to bring so hopefully in two weeks I will get to start my HRT!  YAY :D

Next step closer.  My appointment is set with the Psychiatrist to state I am of sound mind to be able to take HRT.  I did this a few years ago but for some reason getting my records sent from NY is proving to be painful.  So, whatever, I'll do it again.  The doctor called yesterday and I am booked with him on Friday morning which means when I go to my PCP next week I should get my HRT!  It's been a long wait, but I think I am finally there. 

• Like 1

So therapy appointment done.  I get my letter stating my GID tomorrow *rolls my eyes at the silliness of needing it*  Should get my scripts for my HRT Tuesday :)

HRT, Day 1!!!! It has begun!

• Like 2

So it was an interesting weekend.  My Dad came to visit and if there is one person in the is world I trust it is him, so I came out to him about my transition.  He was so happy for me :)  .  It will take him some time to get used to the pronouns and such but that's all good.  I was able to be me around him for the entire trip!

• Like 1

On 8/30/2016 at 10:32 AM, lil_angel said:

So it was an interesting weekend.  My Dad came to visit and if there is one person in the is world I trust it is him, so I came out to him about my transition.  He was so happy for me :)  .  It will take him some time to get used to the pronouns and such but that's all good.  I was able to be me around him for the entire trip!

That's so awesome your Dad was supportive and happy! Here's to hoping everyone else in your life is just as cool!

Thank you hun, me too. :)

Approaching the 3 month mark for my HRT.  I did my blood work yesterday and see the doctor next week.  Assuming all is well, she should up my dosage to the next level...YAY!

As for changes, not too many noticeable physical changes so far, which is to be expected at 3 months on a low dosage.  The biggest thing I've noticed is the nodules forming behind my nipples.  They are sooooo sore!  And it doesn't help that I hang out with a bunch of sadists that like to use that to their advantage lol. My friends have commented that they see changes in my body shape, but I think it could be just them being supportive of me instead of actual changes.  I do have awesome friends!

I have been on my HRT for six months now :

While my body is certainly changing and they are even measurable changes at this point, most people that know me will attest that I have always had body image issues, even when my body is 'close' to what I am trying to achieve.  When I moved to Tucson, I ended up putting on 20lbs because I got lazy and stupid.  I ate poorly and didn't exercise properly.

But after stepping on a scale back in January, I was scared back into doing what I am suppose to do.  I am now watching what I eat again and I am back on a regular exercise routine.  And to keep it fun, I chose Pole Dancing for my exercise.  I have always respected pole as an art form but until I researched it and started doing it, I had no idea how strong you have to be to do it.  I now respect it as a sport.  The people who are good are truly world class athletes!  

I did my first 10 classes from a Groupon completing the last two hours last night.  My body is sore and bruised, my hands are ripped open and I love every minute of it.  My next class is Saturday where I am getting my unlimited membership for the month and then in April I'll be buying my unlimited membership for the year.  In just the few weeks I've been doing this, I have watched my flexibility and strength increase dramatically.  I haven't lost but a few pounds, but I feel fantastic health-wise.  

On top of all the health benefits from pole, I can't think of anything that says feminine grace and beauty quite like this does.  As silly as it may sound, I feel so much more like a woman when I do it.  And despite the fact that I am 20 years older than most of the girls in my class, I look forward to how far I can take this.

• Like 2