LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Security Detection !

according to what I have read, you should pack all of your diapers and supplies in a separate carry on bag, and declare it as a medical bag at the security check point. You are allowed to have liquids or creams in 3oz containers as long are all of your containers fit into one zip top clear plastic bag. I looked all over the TSA site, and did not see diaper pins mentioned as a banned item anywhere. Supposedly the TSA security officials are trained to handle people with disabilities in a discreet manner. And if you declare your diaper bag as a medical bag, there should be no problem, and no one will know.

Well maybe that's how it should be but a couple of days after that post, I went through security at Atlanta Hartsfield. The guy in front of me made a medical declaration and the 'conversation' went a little like this:

TSA Agent: (shouting loudly to supervisor) "Hey! We got a medical over here!"

TSA Supervisor: (shouting back) "Ok, what is it?"

TSA Agent: (still hollering at the very top of her voice) "It's some kinda eye medication"

At which point the supervisor came over and checked the guys prescription, etc. Now granted, eye drops aren't the most embarrassing thing to take through but I guess it shows not all TSA agents are sensitive to medical disclosures. That same agent made a mother tip her baby's bottle into the bin in front of the little boy because "he's too old for the baby food rule." The kid was only about 18 months and *screamed* about it... Rules is rules but that was a bit tight IMO...

Incidentally, there were two undeclared diapers and a couple of boosters in my carry-on and they didn't bat an eyelid. I wasn't wearing one though on the off chance I was selected for extra screening... :unsure::blink::blush:

I wouldn't worry about the diapers. The problem is liquids, metal, and anything that looks menacing in your carry on luggage. I've been out and back from the u.s. several times diapered and not. All I can say is that so long as your not smuggling eye drops up [you know where] there is little doubt they will stop or embarrass you for wearing padded underwear.

FYI

• 1 month later...

Not sure the relevance, but I thought I might add this to the airport security discussion. This was taken from usa today's website.

Air travelers stripped bare with X-ray machine

By Thomas Frank, USA TODAY

The agency in charge of the nation's air security expects later this year to begin using a controversial X-ray machine that will show airport screeners a clear picture of what's under passengers' clothes — whether weapons or just bare skin.

Screeners plan to test the "backscatter" machines at several U.S. airports, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) says. The refrigerator-sized machines are considered a breakthrough in scanning technology but have been labeled "a virtual strip search" by the American Civil Liberties Union

Security workers using the machines can see through clothes and peer at whatever may be hidden in undergarments, shirts or pants. The images also paint a revealing picture of a person's nude body.

The devices can potentially be used to screen hundreds of millions of air travelers each year, although TSA says more study is needed to determine how the devices may be used at U.S. airports. The agency declined to say when and where it expects to test the machines.

Backscatter technology has been waiting on the sidelines for nearly four years but seems poised now to move to the forefront of aviation security. The machines are already used by U.S. Customs agents at 12 airports to screen passengers suspected of carrying drugs. They're also getting a test run at a terminal in London Heathrow Airport, the first major airport to use them.

The ACLU says the scanners invade personal privacy. "This leads directly to a surveillance society," says Barry Steinhardt, who runs the group's technology program.

But Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff told a Senate subcommittee last month that he wants to employ the technology and doesn't want an "endless debate" over privacy issues.

Security consultant Douglas Laird says the machines are essential to spot explosives, which aren't detected by metal detectors.

The $100,000 machines bounce low-radiation X-rays off a person's skin to produce photo-like computer images of metal, plastic and organic materials hidden under clothes, says American Science and Engineering. The TSA is testing its BodySearch machine

Lol diamond, It would definitely see me peeing (or 0ther). But T ? he was born on the ground and he gonna STAY on the ground!! So I ain't flyin no where. As far as private plains go, that's how a lot of terrorists get over here (my opinion) so i feel that they should be just as strict with private as they do commercial (again, my opinion)

Well, I'm not really that disturbed by it, but in general, I will avoid anything, anywhere that is going to amount to any search of any kind (I refuse to even take a drug test for employment, even if everything else is perfect, I would rather just keep looking till I find an employer that won't ask for one. An no they wouldn't find anything, but that is not the point).

DO whatever, but I just don't want anything to do with anything that amounts to any kind of search for any reason unless you can honestly say (and convince a judge) that you suspect me of something; if I can possibly avoid it, even if it makes things more difficult.

If there is no way at all around it, I am not going to worry about it, but will first spend quite a while (at times days, even weeks) doing nothing but trying to think of how that situation can be avoided.

I also can fully understand why these things are done (that's why I don't make a lot of noise about it) I just personally don't want anything to do with it, if there is any other way.

But if there is not fine have it your way, for now.....

But if they start literally monitoring everything everywhere than I will have a major problem with it - but as long as I can basically live my life without constant monitoring and checking for whatever, fine.