LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing Mat Recommendations?

So recently I've been spending more time in diapers and my caretaker has been a bit dismayed at the relative lack of a changing mat (and also the apparent need for it, but that's another story ;) ); powder and occasionally wetness gets on the bed.

lol, i would love to help but i wear cloth and when i can wear i usually just change standing up... when i wear disposables (hardly ever) i use an old towel that i lay on or stand over, hope that helps and good luck on your hunt.

If you can get a plastic covered mattress pad, just cut away the part that hoas the elastic so that it will lay flat, or get a a cloth mattress pad and put a zippered mattress cover over it that should do, even for cloth diaper

When I was little, there were no changing pad. What was done was either change the little one on a bed or on the floor with a rubber sheet or one of those 28 x 28" quilted lap pads, which I have not seen in ages, under her

It is virtually impossible to put a cloth diaper on a person properly without her laying down unless you have 4 hands to hold up the other parts. I have never been diapered standing or sitting

BTW: I have not seen those quilted 2-sided plastic lap pads in ages; about 37 years. I guess to upscale one of those would make it about 54 x 54

That was anther part of diaper and rubber panty chastizement. Mommy would put a rubber pad on her lap or apron and make you sit on her lap, often in front of other people or take it with her if she took you out. And, of course, there was the bottle and pacifier

Then for the little boys, there was "[if you don't stop...[ I will put a diaper, pink rubber panties and a little pink dress on you like a baby girl". When I was 5, I remember my aunt Oretta once said that she would "...put a rubber diaper on you". One or two children I knew would get the "I'll put rubber panties on you with nothing under them". Those two things sounded very scary since I knew what the material felt like and how feely that part of my body is and that is where you wet so that all sounded ominous to me. Sometimes "and make you wet" was added

That is a twin bed size at 39" wide

That is about as realistic as anything. Until about 40 years ago, people improvised. When I was little it was usually a piece of rubber sheet or one of those quilted lap pads and I never saw those before I was 8 or nearly so. In all the changes I have seen from about 1950 until late 1968 or early 69, I never saw a changing pad in use. I do not even recall seeing a lap pad used for one and many times, not even a piece of waterproof material. I have no idea when changing tables and bassinets came into use, maybe in the 1960's for bassinets

I have the large changing mat from Babykins.

It's very nice, soft and well made.

Quilted fabric on one side and vinyl on the other side.

If a change might be a bit messy, vinyl side up, and just wipe it off.