LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

counseling

filly1234

It depends in why you want/need to go really. Are you going to find face to face acceptance regarding your AB/DL side? Or do you have a lot of other things to process through?

Firstly, counselors are non biased (generally). So if your ABDL desires are interfering with your everyday life, then it may be of help. But not all are open to such topics and finding a counselor who helps with addictions may be best. But I'll list out my perspective on this.

Pros: Having an outsider looking in who is not emotionally involved and able to provide level headed advice and a listening ear is incredibly reliving, especially if you carry a lot of stress and anxiety. We all have things we can't always discuss with people we know, so being able to talk to someone can help alleviate the anxiety we sometimes carry about things. Plus, since they aren't personally invested, they can help you see from a different angle and help you break down problems in a manageable way you can tackle.

Con: Trust takes time (for me at least). So problems take time to sort through and get processed. Some counselors can be kind of crappy, but you're not stuck with them so don't be afraid to find another counselor if this happens. Last, if your going to satisfy a need that morally and ethically cannot be fulfilled by a counselor, then you need to evaluate what your motive is and it might be best to not get one.

I guess I stress this because a common fantasy in our community is telling therapists they're ABDL and having them become a caregiver. This is absolutely absurd and would not ever happen.

Hope that helps!

Paxy

• Like 1

I guess I stress this because a common fantasy in our community is telling therapists they're ABDL and having them become a caregiver. This is absolutely absurd and would not ever happen.

Hope that helps!

Paxy

I know all to well about regression therapy. I have not actually gone through with it as I have declined it. However, I have discussed it with a past therapist so I am informed. Really, I guess my main thing to state was how beneficial a therapist can be all aside from trying to fulfill a desire that should only remain a fantasy. That being said, yes, if your ABDL side is taking control or preventing you from your normal adult life responsibilities then therapy may help you recognize and balance your kink vs adult life.

• 2 weeks later...