Wargames

The Untouchables

Saw

House of 1000 Corpses

Devil's Rejects

Caddy Shack

Thats only a few i can think off at the moment

Some of my other favourite films are:

Dick - A comedy based loosely on the Watergate scandal.

Mean Girls - A teen high school comedy where Lindsay Lohan's character tries break up 'The Plastics'.

The Magdelene Sisters - About three women who end up working in the Magdelene Laundries in Ireland.

Ok -

1. Casablanca (most romantic film ever made)

2. Good Will Hunting (Fantastic Performances)

3. American Beauty (Beautifully Shot, Beautifully Written)

4. Clue (1 + 1 + 2 + 1)

5. Brazil (Terry Gilliam's finest moment)

6. Lost in Translation (For anyone who's ever felt disconnected)

7. Kissing Jessica Stein (Jewish Lesbians! Wahoo!)

8. Sleeper (I'd say we should have sex, but we don't have enough people!)

9. The Life Aquatic ("What scientific purpose would be served by killing the shark?" "Revenge!")

10. The Muppet Movie

Alright - there's 10 good ones for ya.

Clue

The Untouchables

Caddyshack

Those are some others that I really liked. Lost in Translation was pretty solid, too -- good acting from Bill Murray.

Has anyone said:

Snatch

or

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Is anyone else here a fan flims by Todd Solondz?

Welcome to the Dollhouse is my favorite of his works. I like how Dawn Weiner is a character I can really identify with but she's not a character that's always easy to sympathize with. That's the thing that i really like about Solondz's films, that all his characters are flawed in some way and how unflinching he is in his portrayal of them.

Palindromes was an excellent film but it was not really what i expected. I was expecting a sequel to Dollhouse and it was certainly not that. I think it's the most mature of his works and is really a beautiful film.

Happiness was a really hilarious movie. It's a very black comedy and I'm sure a lot of people couldn't appreciate the humour.

I've yet to see Storytelling but i expect it to be as good as the rest of his movies.

Watched "Dirty Harry"( 1971 ) the other day, if I am not completely wrong, I think it was the first of this movie-series. Quite enjoyable affair! And before I forget; this probably belongs in the TV-show thread, but let me tell you all, if you haven`t yet watched "Carnivale" you should go right out and do so, because this series is so brilliant that it is beyond words. I haven`t watched the second season yet, but it would be an understatement to say that I look forward to it... :)

• 1 year later...