LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

tips for first timer?

Now before i set off a massive argument about the risks and hazards of it. I have read up on these forums, and other websites (hopefully helpful ones) on using a catheter but I was curious so I thought I might ask for some advice about it. I've never stuck anything into my urethra before, and I'm not sure if I really plan to but if i wanted the catheterize myself how would i go about doing that. What size do i start at, and how do I minimize the risks in doing this? (other than obviously not doing it at all)

Prep first by drinking cranberry juice. I's proven to cut down on you chance of getting a urinary tract infection (UTI). Some people are very prone to getting them while many others (like myself) are not. Don't worry about having the catheter draining into your diaper either. Pee is naturally bacteria free, but be cautious of staying in a wet diaper as it will promote bacteria growth and increase you chance of getting one. At first you will need to make sure you change every few hours even if you don't need it. If everything goes ok then you can try pushing the time between changes further apart (and going all night with one in).

The catheter material and coating is important...I found silicone much more comfortable.

I liked the all in one kits that had a bag pre- attached to the cath.

Watch some training videos on youtube

Insert the catheter slowly and gently. Be prepared to burn some when it comes out and drink plenty of fluids. Be prepared to be nearly incontinent afterwards, too...for at least a few hours.

My source was Southwest Medical

If you do get infected, and need to see a doc for bactrim, and you are male, a good doc will want to look for abnormalities, such as urine retention. I got a UTI once at perhaps 22 years old, by holding my penis shut while my bladder tried to force out urine. Other sources of trouble can include psychiatric drugs, such as ssri's. Lexapro and I don't get along in this way; it makes peeing difficult sometimes, and I have to get more urgent than simply enough to awaken me in the middle of the night to go. Dicyclomine for gut spasms makes it worse. I would be tempted to tell the right doc the truth, but that would be a kink-friendly one.

Good luck...