LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adult Pacifier Use And Effect On The Teeth

I didn't see any references to this subject when I did a search on it, but it's entirely possible I missed something, so profuse apologies if this subject has indeed been covered.

Nothing conclusive at this point, since as I said I already have an overbite. I've noticed that one of my upper teeth continually nicks a spot on my lower lip when I'm eating or talking, and that seems to have started rather recently. But I haven't had the pacifier long enough to know whether it's causing any problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using mine for just over a month now I think and I haven't had any problems. It has been used all the time except for when i am out of the house. I find that so far it hasn't done anything to my teeth. I haven't had any pain or discomfort in any parts of my teeth, jaw bone, tongue etc. Although I have now started to realise that I am addicted to it, especially at night. It is just second nature to pop it in before bed now and I don't even think about it half of the time. I was using it once a few days back for a few hours when I went to go out of the house and it was only when I seen the reflection of myself in the door window that I noticed I didn't take it out. It's comfortable and once it's in I forget its there until I see it. Sorry about the ramble but just thought I would include some extra info or an exciting read :D

I was using it once a few days back for a few hours when I went to go out of the house and it was only when I seen the reflection of myself in the door window that I noticed I didn't take it out. It's comfortable and once it's in I forget its there until I see it. Sorry about the ramble but just thought I would include some extra info or an exciting read :D

:lol:

I've had similar close calls. I use a pacifier clip to hook it to my clothes, and on at least two occasions, I was out the door before I realized it was still clipped to me. Thank goodness no one was out there at the time.

I was looking for a topic like this since it hurts my bottom teeth when I wake up for about 10 minutes, but then everything is normal after. I've only resumed using one for a month, off and on, so I haven't noticed any movement of my teeth.

I have no experience with this but it seems like adult braces would be a good indicator of what one could expect. Since adults sometimes wear braces to straighten teeth if they did not get that done at a younger age, teeth can be moved well into adulthood. From the people I have known with adult braces, the process takes longer than if it was done at the usual age. So I believe if a pacifier can change teeth location on a younger person it will do the same thing to an adult but probably at a slower rate.

I have a minor overbite and I never could get used to the Nuk 5. It felt like it wanted to move my bottom teeth out. It was OK for just fooling around but not the kind of pacifier I could commit to.