LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bladder Neck Incision

My doc didn't say anything about the type of incision he's considering. I assume there are only two variables: uni/bilateral incision, and the choice of cutting tool (laser, knife...). Are there more?

What experiences and what else should I be aware of?

What is common to both is normally high dosage of pain killers, antibiotics and muscle relaxants = temporary incontinence to permenant sphincter weakness. Yes, if the procedure is completely successful, you will recover completely, but you WILL suffer bladder incontinence later in life as muscle tone weakens. No, this is not common in aged who have not undergone this type of procedure.

I had a bladder neck resection over a year ago, which is the most extreme form of bladder neck incision. The way it works is, first, they make an incision in the bladder neck at about the 5-o-clock position to see if it opens up. If that's not enough, they make another incision at the 7-o-clock position. If that's still not enough, as it was in my case, then they cut out the entire section between the 5 and 7 o-clock position. The procedure doesn't cut far enough to damage the external sphincter, and if you don't have any problems with your external sphincter, you can expect to have normal functioning after you heal.

I had already developed urge incontinence prior to the surgery, and it has continued since the surgery. From my research, and from what I was told by dr.s, is that most people will have slight dribble incontinence that clears up after a few weeks or month.

I still have dribbling as well as urge incontinence, and lots of leaking overnight. But I also had 7 other different procedures done over the last 7 years, so my external sphincter has been compromised as well. As long as your external sphincter is in tact and normal functioning, there is little to no chance you'd have lasting dribbling. If you don't have incontinence before the procedure, you probably won't after either. Good luck if you decide to have it, and I'll be curious to know how it goes!

Dribble incontinence after internal bladder operation is a medical error (depending on age / health etc). Yes you will have temporary incontinence due to the overstretching of the sphincters, but after 6 weeks these should return to normal with a bit of post op care.