LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cleaning Plushies And Stuffies

Before anyone asks, not I'm not a plushophile nor do I engage in any kind of sexual relations with them. This thread is about honest-to-God cleaning and not removing "protein stains". With that said...

Everyone loves the touch and feel of a new teddy, stuffie, or plushie. Their new faux-fur feels so silky and smooth on our hands and skin. However, after spending numerous nights (and days) snuggled up with them I've noticed that they lose their "freshness". I imagine this is my skin oil and sweat transferring to the toy (note that I don't perspire much, and I like to consider my personal hygiene excellent).

Ordinarly you'd put clothes in the wash to solve this problem, but you can't put Rupert and Mr. Bitey in the washing machine: for one, they won't fit; secondly it would ruin their stuffing.The instructions that come with the toys say to use a damp cloth, I don't know how effective it is, but it sounds like a lot of work.One website I saw suggested putting them in a bag filled with baking soda, though I'm unsure how that is meant to work - or how you're meant to get the powder out of the toy's faux-fur material.What other techniques are there? Can you use rubbing alcohol wipes?

How do gou recommend restoring our beloved plushies to their like-new state?

I find hand-washing my stuffies when they get too loved helps. I let them air dry, and then toss them in the dryer on the delicate tumble mode for about 5-10 minutes. To refluff their fur I take a pet brush (The ones with the little rows of small metal bristles) and give them a light brushing. This really works well for those pals that have longer fur. I only really do this when it's been a month or two.. or when one of my nieces have gotten ahold of Mr.Teddykins with sticky dirty hands. .I could see the bag of baking soda working though, not only will it neutralize odors, but it will also help absorb away oils. Baby powder would be a good altlernative, same oil absorbing properties, plus you get that nice fresh scent. All you'd have to do to get the excess powder off is lightly pat/shake your stuffed friend out, et voila! I do this with my own hair in between washes when it starts to get too oily. (I have Little Mermaid Red hair... so I wash every other day to help the color last longer, I do bathe everyday.. just so y'all don't think I'm some kinda nasty. heh.) Also if you do get any stains (questionable or otherwise) a tiny bit of baking soda with water on a toothbrush is a great way to spot clean.

Here are some tips I got from a site:

Retailers of stuffed animals never personally recommend washing stuffed animals in the washer or dryer. What is highly recommended is to spray on a mild all-purpose cleanser or simply use soap and sponge it clean with a little water. Then leave your stuffed animal in the sun to dry.

Tips on How to Clean Stuffed Animals without Using a Washing Machine:

* A great way to keep those precious stuffed animals fresh is to give it a dry bath with baking soda. Just sprinkle the baking soda on the stuffed animal. After 20 minutes simply brush the baking soda off. You may also use baby powder. This process will get smells out and clean off any surface dirt.

* For stuffed animals that have been badly stained or soiled, use a soft scrub brush with an all purpose cleaner.

* For stuffed animals with plastic parts that have spots or stains, you can use rubbing alcohol to remove them.

* For stuffed animals that have dust mites you can do the following: Place your stuffed animal in a plastic bag. Then place it in a freezer overnight. If you have a big stuffed animal or do not have room in the freezer, you can wait to place it outside on a very cold night. The temperature has to be below freezing. The next day, remove the stuffed animal and vacuum gently but thoroughly.

I hope this helps.

~ Cody, AKA moogle

This is the reason that I do not have cloth bodid dolls