LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24X7X24

DavidMW

Planned since this past summer, I got back from a business trip Thursday and started an extended 24x7 on Friday. I planned on three weeks, but figured I'd tack on one more weekend, finishing up on Dec 30, 24 days in diapers. I'll use them for wetting, using the toilet only for pooping.

In preparation, I stocked up on diapers. I've got more than 3 1/2 cases (177 diapers) of Abenas Abri-form X-Plus 4 for most of the wearing, some Abena Abri-let Maxi stuffers for nights, at least until they run out, and 2 1/2 packages of Depends underwear, primarily for use during my daily elliptical trainer exercising and for use as stuffers once the Maxis run out.

I've done extended 24x7 periods a few times in the past. After the first time - a week - I was pretty glad when the week was up, and didn't wear for quite a while after that. Last year I did a 10-day stretch, the longest I've done, and could have gone on longer. I was back in diapers pretty quickly.

I've gotten pretty used to wearing and wetting over the years, including keeping myself fairly relaxed so I get off and on trickles throughout the day.

Night's a bit different. I tend to wake up 2-4 times at night to pee, and generally have to go. When diapered at night, I do control the flow to keep me from flooding the diaper, reducing the chance of nighttime leaks. It's not so much the bed leaks that bother me so much as the extra laundry.

I live alone and work at home - office colleagues and family are halfway across the country, so I don't have the concerns that some others have about those people finding out. That said, I don't hibernate in the apartment when I do this. I go out for breakfast and for after dinner walks most days, and head up to a Capitol Hill (Seattle) bar most evenings, and of course have some social life. I don't bring a diaper bag with me, as I have a lot of control over when I can change at home and how long I'm out. So I go out without a net, so to speak, although I've never had a public leak of any significance.

Day 0 -

Although the 24 days started on Friday, I actually put on a diaper for bed Thursday night. Just a Depends, so I didn't have any plans for wetting that night, especially given my plans. I ended up having a leaky diaper dream. With some frequency I do have peeing dreams, but almost never diaper dreams. When I wake up from a peeing dream I check the bed and usually verify that it was just a dream and that I'm dry. A few times, though, I had actually started peeing in my underwear by the time I woke up, but that's pretty rare.

But in this dream I was walking through downtown Seattle with lots of evidence from a leaky diaper running down my jeans legs. I was dry when I woke from the dream. I note this because....

Day 1 - I diapered up when I got dressed this morning, and almost immediately leaked a bit into the diaper. The first diaper lasted until 3PM, but the second one only lasted 2 hours. I was on number 4 for the day when I headed out to my usual Capitol Hill bar, and wore #5 to bed.

Like I said, I don't often have diaper dreams. But I had another one tonight. This time in my dream I was coming off of a plane with a wet spot on my jeans from a diaper leak, and rode light rail with it until I finally got to a hotel. (Why I wouldn't have changed in an airport restroom, I don't know, but such is the nature of dreams.)

I woke up twice during the night and used the diaper both times. That's the great part about wearing a good diaper to bed. If I have to get up and head to the bathroom, all the activity pretty much wakes me up. When I use a diaper, it's a lot less disruptive - I can just roll over and usually fall right back to sleep.

I won't do daily updates, as I generally only log in here on weekends, but I'll give periodic updates re how things are going.

Guest fakename7

Best of luck with enjoying your weeks! If i can be of any help or support, i'm happy to. i've been 24/7 since February (minus a 3 week break and a 10 day break---no more of that nonsense!).

If you're heading up to the Hill tonight, i'll probably be at the Cuff in a diaper and pup gear. :-)

If you're heading up to the Hill tonight, i'll probably be at the Cuff in a diaper and pup gear. :-)

I didn't see your reply last night. Ended up at the Eagle. Alas, pretty slow night there.

Day 3 - Out of curiosity I thought I'd try to keep track of how often I dribbled over the course of a few hours. When I'm diapered well, I try to keep things relaxed so that I have frequent small dribbles rather than the periodic flood that occurs when I'm not diapered. When I'm conscious of it, it's easiest to dribble when I'm standing, less easy if I'm sitting, and difficult if I'm walking (unless I really have to go, but because I've been dribbling I generally don't really have to go).

After a McD's breakfast this morning, during which I drank a large Diet Coke, I walked to a nearby drugstore to pick up a few things, then headed home, where I mostly stood in the kitchen doing some cooking, and sat at the computer for a bit. While at home I drank some iced tea.

I noted 20 small dribbles over about 3 hours - 4 at DONT WALK signs during my errand, once in the store, once in the elevator ride up to my apartment, the rest in the apartment.

I'm always drinking something when I'm at home - diet pop, iced tea or water, typically - so in my "normal" mode, I usually end up having to use the bathroom once every hour or two throughout the day. 1 regular peeing = about 10 dribbles, apparently.

Wow, I can't believe how much you dribble & leak when diapered, even only after a few hours/days. I've been urge incontinent for 16 years and have worn diapers the entire time. To this day I automatically hold it to the point I have to suddenly go right away, a point of completely flooding my diaper all at once. I envy the control you have and are able to give up so easily.

Admirable control for a DL who pardon the pun "wears in spurts" i've worn for years due to medical issues and my bladder should be that well "behaved".

Enjoy your Diaper days.

Be Happy in your Nappy

Be Merry In your Terry

It does take some mental focus for me to keep things loose enough to dribble regularly. I do remind myself a lot, but don't want to force anything. It also helps that I do drink a lot of fluids throughout the day. So there's always something to dribble. And I've had a lot of practice with the Abenas over the last 5 years or so now.

I've had a compulsion to wet my pants long before I ever got into diapers, and thus didn't have any hangups about wetting when I got started with diapers. Probably for that reason, using the toilet has always felt like a choice. That may be helping me here as well. With this skill I'd probably be a 12-month program success story if I were to ever want to go that route.

When I pee in a toilet or urinal, I usually end with what feels like an instinctive but deliberate stop (not sure how else to describe it). Part of keeping things loose involves trying not to make that instinctive stop. I'm usually successful with that - I can always tell when I start peeing, but more and more I can't always tell when I've stopped. Of course stopping a flood is more dramatic than stopping a dribble, which may do more to explain this than anything else.

Day 6 (Wed) - I'm pretty much into my diaper routine now. When I did my first 24x7x7 I was more than ready to get out of them by this point. This go-round it just feels normal. Well, other then when I'm in the apartment I'm pretty much wearing just a diaper and a pair of briefs over them to help keep them snug and in place (it helps that I've got the furnace set to 75). I don't typically wear so little around the apartment.

I still seem to be dribbling about 6-10 times an hour, depending on fluid intake and what I'm doing. It's different overnight, though. I wake up 2-3 times and have my usual full-fledged pee. Only I don't usually have to get out of bed, and immediately fall back to sleep (which frankly could become pretty addicting given how much harder it is for me to fall back to sleep when I get up and use the toilet. I did have to change my diaper Monday night/early Tuesday morning, though - I was pretty sure a third pee would have been too much.

I have had one minor problem. I opened up one of my new cases of Abenas and started in on those diapers. I immediately noticed a bit of a difference between them and my older Abenas (a manufacturing difference that makes them feel a little cheaper IMO), but didn't think much of it. Another more noteworthy difference showed up after I started using them. So far 5 of them have had pinhole leaks right in the middle of the crotch. This is especially apparent because, like I said, I wear briefs over my diapers to help hold them in place (which would also protect the diaper from zipper contact). I keep finding damp spots in the middle of the briefs when I'm changing diapers. The damp spots are completely surrounded by dry cloth, so clearly the dampness didn't soak in from the leg openings. And I've used plenty of Abenas over the years now and have never had this problem before.

I've got two more cases of Abenas in addition to this one. For now I'll assume that this case just has a bad batch, which sometimes happens. But I'll be keeping an eye on the next two cases.

Day 6 (Wed) - My apartment is at one end of my floor. The building's garbage chute is at the other. The plan is that every night before going to bed I'd haul the day's collection of soaked diapers down the hall and get rid of them. Almost no one is ever in the hallway that late, so I'm not too concerned about the diaper smell.

A kitchen garbage bag with 5-6 soaked Abenas and a stuff is heavy. That and bulky. If I had a house with weekly garbage collection, I'd probably fill a garbage container just with the used diapers, and it would be a chore to drag it out to the curb.

Yesterday our garbage chute was unexpectedly closed for repairs and cleaning, and it remains closed this evening. There's a sign warning us to not drop anything down the chute as it could seriously injure the maintenance workers. I suspect that being seriously injured by a bunch of soaked diapers would be regarded as especially tragic.

The sign recommends that we take our garbage down to the building's loading dock. As I'm much more likely to run into someone on the elevator or in the building lobby, I'm just storing bags of smelly diapers in the apartment - well, outside on my apartment deck - until the chute opens.

You Can Call and the supplier of the Abenas and have that case replaced due to those pinhole leaks its quite common to replace cases due to manufacturing defects, and you wear underwear and not a onesie? a onesie would give you more support!!

I won't bother with this case. The pinhole leaks haven't been bad enough to have any impact on street clothes, so I'll take a wait and see approach.

The briefs have worked out so well for me even when I wear to bed and when the diaper is pretty much soaked that I haven't considered a onesie. Snug boxer briefs do even better for me. And that's with a body type that due to some extra pounds isn't the best shape for supporting a diaper.

I've had pinhole leaks with the Abenas too, as well as other brands. It's usually in the middle where the printing is. Some of the printing looks like the old dot-matrix style printing... I gotta wonder if the printer is perforating the plastic top layer of the diaper.

In any case, I usually wear plastic panties over my diapers - extra leak protection.

Well i'll tell you if you ever do want what i feel is the best Onesie out there call Jenny at Kin's (babykins.com) you give her your measurements and she will custom make you a onesie that will be like a second skin,she has made almost 200 of them for me and each one is perfect,and she will customize anything she makes for a small charge,like her company is the only one that makes Golf/Polo shirt onesies i asked for and ambidextrous pocket she said we have never done a pocket i'll see what i can do she charged me 5 bucks extra and all 25 shirts have a pocket in the middle just below the buttons where i need it. so keep that in mind!

Be Happy in Your Nappy

Be Merry in your Terry

Day 8 (Fri) - First day of week 2. And so far no pinhole leaks in the second package of Abenas I've opened from the same case. Things are going well - the diaper routine feels pretty normal.

I ended up using 35 Abenas, 7 nightly Maxi stuffers and 3 Depends (skipped the elliptical trainer yesterday) in the first week.

I've got changing down to an art. I've never been very good at trying to tape up myself, so I usually tape up the diaper, then put it on, and then put a pair of snug briefs over it to get a good fit and keep it in place. The approach works well for me.

I've got my supply table set up - pile of Maxi stuffers, pile of taped up diapers ready to put on (when I open a new package, I tape up all 12 diapers at once and stack them on the table), pile of Depends (for use when I hit the elliptical trainer), stack of briefs, box of kitchen size garbage bags (for the wastebasket where I put the used diapers). And in the bathroom a wash towel to wipe up the skin when I change and a second towel to dry off. It takes me only about 1-2 minutes to get out of a soggy diaper and into a clean/dry one.

DavidMW, glad to see you're getting the hang of taping on those diapers. I bet you're starting to see how expensive wearing 24/7 can be though, especially for someone like me that's in them permanently. Still, I find it's worth it. Hope you do too.

They're easy to tape as long as I'm not actually wearing them at the time :-). I can tape up a package of a dozen Abenas in just a few minutes.

I do enjoy my diapered time in spite of the cost of good diapers. I'm also one of those who sometimes fantasizes about *needing* diapers 24x7 or the existence of a temporary incon pill, I've read the 12-month program a few times (my "rules" for when I'm 24x7 are based in part on that), and vicariously read the Incon-Desires forum. But I've got a strong "be careful what you wish for" streak. My XPMedical bill for the 3 cases of Abenas I got for this round of 24x7 was $240. That would come to about $3400/year at my current rate. Although in my situation I could afford that if I had to, there are other things I'd rather do with most of that money. Even with lower cost options or the extra work aspect of going with cloth, permanent 24x7 has some real, significant costs to it.

As for other things on my "be careful..." list, I also don't like wearing diapers when it's hot out, and would hate to have to deal with diapers when I travel (I usually travel 80-100 days a year).

I paid for the diapers for this extended 24x7 last summer, I picked the middle of winter to do this, and a period when I knew I wouldn't have any travel. Let's me enjoy the fun side of diaper wearing during this 24x7 round.

There is quite an exspence when choseing to wear 24-7-365. For me I spend on average $350 a months on diapers. I can normally make it through the day using 4 diaper per 24 hours.

There are times when I go through 6 to 8 diapers a day but those are days I plan on wetting more by drinking more.

I have started out by choice wearing diapers and using them and wanting to need to wear diapers.

Even with the exspence of wearing diapers 24-7 I chose to continue to wear and use diapers until I no longer had a choice but to wear diapers.

I am now unable to control either my bladder or bowels. If I had to do it all over I would have started my diaper training sooner as I truly enjoy wetting and messing my diapers uncontrollably.

I understand this is not for everyone and will suggest you give it some serious thought before jumping into this life style as it will change how you live your life once you take it to the point of needing to wear diapers.

Having fun wearing diapers 24-7 for a week or two will satisfy most DL's.

Day 9 (Sat) - As I noted before, when I'm in bed and wake up needing to pee, there's usually a lot, so when I'm diapered I will deliberately stop and start the flow, controlling it enough to minimize or prevent leaks, let alone flooding the diaper to overflow. It does require more attention than just letting it flow, but a lot less than actually getting up to use a toilet, so I usually fall back to sleep pretty quickly after wetting. And for most of the week, I've woken up in the morning to a dry bed or only slightly damp spots.

Yesterday was a very dry day, very little dribbling all day. Even with a 7 Eleven Double Gulp Diet Coke in the afternoon, I was still in my first diaper of the day after dinner. But it caught up with me overnight, as I woke up three times to use my diaper by 430am.

I woke up a fourth time at 6am with some need to go. I was pretty sure I'd overflow the diaper if I went, but I also didn't really want to get up to change, especially knowing I'd have to change again in a couple hours just to be fresh at the start of the day. The front of the diaper and stuffer I had on were soaked but the back was dry, so I decided heck, I needed to put the sheets in the laundry anyway, so I rolled onto my back and relaxed things, letting nature take its course. Turned out that the flow was slow enough that the back of the diaper captured most of it, although I did have a bit of leakage up front at my hips. And then I fell right back to sleep. I woke up again at around 8 needing to go, so I just let it happen. By now the diaper was soaked both front and back, so I had a lot more leakage. I finally got up around 830. Looks like Saturday is Laundry Day this week.

Day 9 (Sat) - My parents never warned me that if you pee in a diaper, you should give the diaper a bit of time for its absorbancy to kick in before sitting down quickly. I learned that lesson today.

Got up, got started some laundry, got cleaned up, then diapered up, and then headed first out to breakfast and then off to run some errands. I had a few minor dribbles from the start of the day through my exiting Sears. As I stood - things relaxed - by my car door to unlock it, I started a heavier flow than my typical dribble, but not all that heavy. I waited for it to stop (one of my "rules" for this, once I start flowing I don't stop it - except when I'm in bed). Then I got into the car, plopped down onto the seat and felt - was that a leak?

I didn't see anything on my jeans, at least the front, and I had a couple more errands to run before heading home, so I ran them, continuing to dribble off and on like usual, and got back to my building about 1 1/2 hours later. I did verify the leakage - although I hadn't used much of the diaper's capacity, the crotch of the briefs I wear over the diapers had soaked through - that was the dampness I felt on my legs. But my jeans were loose fitting enough that front and back they were dry.

Unless it's pouring, I'll head up to the Cuff bar tonight. It usually has a lot bigger crowd than the Eagle, including occasionally a group of guys in diapers. I've been curious what their story is - I figure that if I'm wearing, I've got a good excuse to ask them.

My apt bldg management finally re-opened the building's garbage chute. I had four heavy bags of diapers to haul down there. This morning there was a notice on our doors alerting residents to the fact that our water will be turned off on Tuesday from 9 to 3. I'll need to make sure I've got what I need to clean up during changes then. Both obviously are pretty minor things, but they also show how even minor things can have a little extra impact on regular diaper wearers.

Day 10 (Sun) - I wet the bed last night, and not the deliberate controlled wetting when I wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee.

I hadn't wet the bed in decades before I started in with diapers. In the months after my first extended 24x7 I had a few incidents where I woke up in the middle of peeing my underwear, and it's happened rare times since then. I have also woken up some times when diapered to find some dampness that I think I slept through. It hadn't happened for quite a while, though, when I woke up one morning earlier this year and discovered I had wet the bed a bit in my sleep - I found that the front of my underwear was damp as I stood in front of the toilet and then found a damp spot on the sheets.

Last night I woke up after I started peeing. With a good diaper and a stuffer, it seemed to be capturing it, but I took control, stopping and starting the flow like I usually do at night to keep the diaper from flooding. When I was done I checked around - I sleep on my side, so I did find a small bit of dampness on my underwear at my right hip, but that was it. The diaper did its job, and soon I fell back to sleep.

At 6am I woke up a second time, needing to pee. As I started shifting into position for the controlled peeing into my diapers I realized that my sheets were pretty wet. And then that my diaper and underwear were soaked. I got out of bed to check things out - my sheet was wet from about knees to shoulders and about 3 feet wide. Because my sheet is directly on top of a plastic shower curtain, even a small amount of pee will spread out more than it will soak in. But still, that was a pretty big spot especially considering that my diaper had to have soaked up quite a bit, too.

Even with some time to think about it now, I don't remember waking up a second time during the night to pee. I have to say that it was a pretty impressive bedwetting, especially for someone who rarely wets the bed.

I've had the same problem with disposable diapers for years. I sleep on my side too and even just the one good wetting can still end up leaking a lot after you fall asleep (just from wicking alone). I've had to switch to cloth diapers and wow am I glad I did (but washing them so often sucks).

I seldom have a problem with my doubled diapers leaking at night, I always make sure my sprinkler is pointed down, I cut slits 3/4 the way across the first diaper an inch apart than put on another diaper over the first one.

The only time I leak this way is when I wake up and find my diapers are completely soaked and could not hold anymore. This does not happen very often, but can be made to happen if I decide to drink a few adult beverages befor going to bed.

I like the way I have my mattress - ours came with a zip-on pillow top. We put a shower curtain (more durable than most plastic sheets) between the pillow-top and the mattress, so even if the worst should happen and both diapers and mattress cover fail, the mattress won't take the brunt of the damage.