LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Toys

TheKid

I was just at Lakeshore Learning Center today and was blown away by the all the cool toys they had there! I find it hard to imagine having much fun playing with a key ring or simple baby toy but they had puzzles and games and this 100 piece wooden road building set, plus all the bet time books I remember from childhood! Oh and those big cardboard building blocks that are printed to look like bricks... I'll admit I felt a little guilty at how excited I got about playing with all this 'kid stuff' but man I want some!

What kind of toys do you like playing with?

Well let's see I have My Little Pony's, Disney Princesses and castle, Baby Alive, Strawberry Shortcake toys, Little People Princess Tree House, and Disney Fairy toys. I also like to play with blocks, barbies, puzzles, ok I just really like toys.

Haha, toys are fun. I think going to Lakeshore reminded me of how much time I used to spend playing with my toys and having a blast. I think building blocks and connecting tracks are great because you can always create something different. Hmm, I might just have to go back to that store. That 100 piece wooden road building set was on sale...

Also I remember building a fort and a pirate ship with cardboard boxes. A good reason to start saving your diaper boxes!

Wehn I was 4 it wascars, trucks, trains, bulldozers, steamrollers and steam shovels

when I was 5 it was the same plus fire engines, police gear, and road scrapers

When I was 6) it awa anything that could fly, rockets and space: and we had the best: Tom Corbett, Space Patrol, Buck Rogers, Flash Gorden and Captain Video

I always had a love of dolls since I saw my first one at age 4-2/3. she seeme to be both a toy and a person (read the Tales of Hoffman and look upt the concept of android and I think you will see where that falls) and by the time I was 5-1/2, tiaras

I go into more detail in my blog and will not repeat it here as it is long an involved

Let me tell you this, if you go to the toy section at Savers, you see many lone adutls of both sexes and if you look at the body language, you get the sense of "I would like this for myself". of course, the latest fad to make toy guns look less realistic never was a problem with ray guns, of which there is a sub-culture going back to the 1930's since they were exotic looking anyway. the Buck Rogers Sonic Pistol of 1953 and before was brightly colored as was the Space Patrol Dart Gun and Cosmic Smoke Pistol of that same timeframe. Also these were used, along with other non-franchiese toy rayguns as actual props on the show. When the Space Patrol helmet came out. the show switched from the Destination Moon helmets to the franchise ones which menat that those who had these toys had the real thing

Other great toys were Fort Superior, Tinkertoy (the original) and Block City building blocks

The most disappointing was Lincooln Logs and Erector set. The latter because it really only built frameworks and not the whole item; Not a good thing for a 4 year old

I also got at ach 9 the A.C.Gilbert Microscope and Moonscope

"Educational toys" sere a contradiction in terms and were uninteresting, being agenda-driven, read "phony" rather than playability-driven. So if youtellme something is a "learning toy", I already have a mild dislike

Another atrocity is the "talking toy". It takes away a lot of the imagination since the limited set of lines creates a built-in storyline

As far as I am concerned Disndy sucks the air out of wherever it goes. and Tinkerbell: soreey but eww. looks to much like a bugified person a la THE FLY

• Like 1

Wow, Christine, sounds like you had a lotta toys! And a great memory to boot. I love remembering all the ways I used to play as a kid. Honestly, the most important part was my imagination, coming up with stories and scenarios out of thin air, I could sure use some more of that creativity today!

Well, you really did not need a lot of toys, you played with other children who also had good things and in those days, you might have 6 or more families on each side of the family 5 of which had anywhere from 1 to five children so cousins were like rain. Find my post about cousins. Beside that I was not avoerse tro playig with girls and had as many or more girl friends as boy friends and I spent a bit more time with the girls to the point where some of it "rubbed off" on me. And no, they did not have cooties any more or less than the boys Besides which we were about at the and of the cootie problems stae of culture. I was in an unusual situation which I detail in my blog

Two from the 1958-9 period

http://www.rocketryp.../#axzz298YbIl3t

http://www.worthpoin...ssile-244451012

Say; Battlemage et al, come get some: 50's firepower

http://en.wikipedia....ohnny_Seven_OMA

[media=]

And for those who thought Mattel only made Barbie

[media=]

and just for the little boys

http://crissytown.8thman.com/fcrissy_baby.html

You can't have one; you can't have one; you can't have one. Nyah, nyah :Giggle:

A majority of the items I own are toys! I have Duplos, bead mazes, a toddler activity cube (like you'd see in a waiting room), Play Doh and many sets to go with it, Moon Dough. Moon Sand, pull toys, push toys, a Fisher Price iXL, various Leap Frog and V-tech early learning toys, sound blocks, toddler and preschooler puzzles, a shape sorting cube, a magna doodle, Playskool Busy Popping Pals, various Playmobil and Playmobil 123 sets, play food sets, Silly Putty, stretchy animals, a pound peg board, nesting blocks, bath tub squirters, bath boats, stuffed animals, a train table, a bumble ball, tops, Weebles, lace and trace pets, and probably more things I can't remember at the moment. Basically, a good majority of toddler and preschooler toys appeal to me. A lot of my free time I spend playing with the toys I have, and I plan to let my collection grow and grow!

• 10 months later...

I bought myself a talking woody and a talking Jessie and I don’t think that you are too old to play with toys because for example there are grown men playing with model trains which kind of count as toys, cause I was thinking about asking the question how old should you be, before you stop playing with toys till I came across this topic

Someon once observed "The only difference between men and boys is the price of the toys" That goes for ladies and girls, too, Many grown ladies have a room dedicated to dolls (at $200+ a go), complete with "{name] and [name] do not get along very well" backstories