LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best Store Bought?

Admitted, a lot of people in here have there favorites, and the majority of them are available only online. In my case where I do not have a credit/debit card just yet to be able to make online purchases, I am kind of out of the loop. Can I send in money orders and such? Yes, but thats more of a hassle, and will probably add on another week of shipping time with the way the USPS is anymore. So what is currently easiest for me is what is readily available in stores. So my question is, wether it be a big name brand (depends, tena) or the stores generic alternative, what in your opinion is the best BRIEF that can be found at your local gorcery/big box store?

Depends on what you want? what your looking for. You don't have alot of options as lots of diapers Co. are switching to cloth-like outer backings. Pretty much CVS, Wal-mart and wal-greens diapers are all about the same now. My best recommendation to you is buy a Wal-mart or if you have a Safeway in your area. Buy a debit/ credit prepaid card. You pay about 3 or 4 dollars for the card, and you prepay how much you want on the card say 50 bucks or 100 dollars. You activate the card and you can shop online using your new card like a debit purchase or just call the diaper Co. and give them your card No. Make your purchase that way. It's easy and fast. Direct delivery to your door. There's away around it and it can be done. Shop online. It's fast and convenient.

In my case where I do not have a credit/debit card just yet to be able to make online purchases, I am kind of out of the loop. Can I send in money orders and such? Yes, but thats more of a hassle, and will probably add on another week of shipping time with the way the USPS is anymore.

Anything worthwile in life has to be worked for. You seldom get anything handed to you on a platter (unless you are a rich spoiled brat or a politician! LOL!) The point being is you have some choices you have to make. You can buy store brands in person over the counter and deal with the fact that they may not be the best, or you can, in your own words, have "more of a hassle" and either buy a pre paid credit or debit card and use that, or send in a money order and wait an extra week for some quality diapers of your choosing from an on line source. Only you can decide for yourself how much you want to be put out by taking extra steps to get a money order or pre-paid card. I say, you have to go out to the store to buy diapers anyway, what's so big of a deal that you can't buy a money order and drop it in the mail when your out somewhere? Likewise a pre paid debit card? Please understand that I am not getting all over you about this, but your statement of getting a money order being more of a hassle and having to wait just dosn't seem like much of an excuse to me. You state your age as 18 so you are still kind of young. Best to learn now that when you get older you will run into a lot of situations that are worse than taking a few extra steps to mail in a money order. To me, that's not much of a hassle compaired to the rest of the stuff I deal with on a daily basis!

Most towns of any size have a medical supply store, and at least one of them should have something better than store brands or Depends. Fewer people will be there which makes shopping easier for many ;) Plus you can phone them and ask what brands of incontinence briefs they sell from the comfort of your own home. Some of them have websites making it easier still to have a look around :) Of the major store brands there isn't much difference and all will be cloth backed :( "Depends Protection with Tabs" is the old plastic backed Depends Max and is still sold at some Walmarts. The "Depends with Tabs" is a cloth backed version of the same thing. Depends pull-ups actually seem to hold more than these- go figure :o

Happy shopping and good luck!

Bettypooh

• 3 weeks later...

I know most people here hate them, however Depend Max Protection are the best store bought diapers. They are white and have 3 tapes, they also make a lot of noise. I usually buy Depend, however recently picked up a package of Attends with Waistband. The Attends are generally thought to be better diapers, however I did not think they were.

I am a DL and like to change after I wet. It drives me crazy when people talk about how a diaper leaks when the reality is that the person writing the review doesn't change the diaper all day long. Anyway, the Depend hold a good wetting and are cheap. For a DL I really don't think you can go wrong.

Personally, I prefer the Walgreens brand (Certainty) over Depends. They have a better fit and hold more. Put a soaker pad in them and they hold for at least 3 hours before leaks appear. Depend, at least the old plastic backed ones, sagged greatly, after the first wetting, and the stuffing fell to the crotch, imediatly upon wetting. I have yet to have this happen while in a Certainty diaper.

Not to sound too critical but standard stores don't carry much in the way off briefs and what they do have isn't worth the price. I read your credit issue but still recommend a pre-paid Visa from some place like Wally World. Sure, there's a fee for it but you'll enjoy the quality of the on-line products.

Well after checking back and reading posts, i was always a fan of depends maximum however my complaint was that there was no way that they could really "wick" moisture away from your crotch and such. There was always a wet feeling to them which may sound funny. When it comes to generics I surprisingly like walmarts (i think assurance) just plain ol briefs. Not bad at all. Now for those of you who talked about the online purchases and such, I ate my own words from the original post, sent in a money order to abu (from pa to wa it only took 3 days) and my order is processed and will be ahipping shortly. So hopefully soon for the very first time I will be trying cushies plastic with the baby scent. Cant wait.