LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question About Diapers And Caths

I have used foley catheters before with diapers and found something that i am not quite sure what to make of.

After about 5 to 8 days with the cath in, i find that they get plugges with a yellowish, non-smelling, non slimy, but somewhat pasty gunk. It is kind of like something that is just simply dry and flaky, kindof like dandruff so to speak.

Does anyone know what to make of this? have spoken with a couple of medical people and they all have said that it does not sound like any UTI that they have heard of

Do you use powder with your diapers? It could be this is buildup from that. It goes without saying that leaving a cath in that long is a terrible idea and asking for a major uti. In the hospital we try to get catheters out after less than 5 days and that is with sterile insertion and the end on a sterile container bag. You can end up super sick from bad UTIs even requiring hospitalization. Just FYI.

The other thing it could be is sediment, which is from a problem going on in your bladder. I see it a lot with people who have catheters in for a long time, and it's usually not a good sign. It's usually a cause for a urinalysis lab to determine if there is a UTI.