LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Intermittent Catheters

Hi there,

I've had a recent back injury (T12 Burst) and noticed there are quite a few members with the same sort of injury.

I'm currently self catheterising four times a day, as my bladder wont release on its own.

Has anyone else been through this, how long before you moved onto urge incontinence or such?

Thanks in advance!

Puggsley

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Well things are progressing quite well I guess. I've managed to release the bladder a couple of times now. Not completely, but its a start. I still had to drain with a catheter to make sure I was empty.

The second time was this morning, when I was lying in bed luckily with a diaper on. When the urge to go comes, its very sudden, and insistant. I really didn't want to get out of bed, and was a little surprised when I managed to drain enough to get rid of the need to pee. There was still plenty left when I cathereised about an hour later but at least I got that extra hour in bed! Its also handy I had a bit of a diaper stash from before the accident.

The urologist suggested that the next step for me would probably result in urge or overflow incontinence, I can see where she was coming from now that I'm getting that full sensation now.

Puggsley