LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urodynamics Study And Cystoscopy

Guest *~Andi~*

Guest *~Andi~*

I was wanting to know who, if anyone, has had either of these done. I have one on 6/7 and another on 6/20. I want to know what to expect I guess.

Thanks!

I have had both the cystscopy and a urodynamics test done. During the urodynamics test a small catheter is inserted into the urethra, a probe is inserted into the anus. They then pump sterile water into your bladder at the same rate as your kidneys pump urine. The rectal sensor measures the muscles contractions of the abdomen. Basically they are checking the function and want to see at what point your bladder starts contracting.

The cystscopy is just a small camera that is inserted into the bladder through the urethra. This is used.to check for any irregularities on the bladder wall.

As a male this test was rather uncomfortable, however I also had an enlarged prostate. Good luck

The worst part of a cysto is thinking about it the night before and in the urologist's waiting room. They will put some numbing jell in your urethra before they insert the cystoscope, and it's really not that bad.

I think darkravendl said it pretty good.

For me, the cysto was far more uncomfortable physically because I have an obstructed urethra. So, the scope was a tight fit. However, the nurse or the doctor should numb up your urethra prior to inserting the scope.

The urodynamic study was uncomfortable because its just awkward. During my study they had me stand in front of the imaging machine while they filled me up with saline. However, it was pretty cool because I could see the real time x-ray of my bladder and how it was reacting to being filled. I learned I could hold more urine that I thought I could...but the pain I was feeling was increased pressures due to an obstruction in my urethra.

You should do fine. They are a little embarrassing, but survivable.

These are procedures that are done on an almost daily basis. After my urodynamics test I made the joke that she should have bought me dinner and a movie first. I had an older female nurse which made things a little embarrassing for me. I still felt violated afterwards but it was necessary to obtain a proper diagnosis.