LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dr.Phil Followup

just remember, if financial reasons were a fact in a breakup.. maybe going out to eat every day is not a good idea....

I know, my boyfriend and i used to eat out almost every day of the week... it is not helpful on the wallet....

sies.... try eating at home where you can make the biggest mess you want!

LOL sarah out of all my time knowing you, this is prob the funniest comment youve wrote!!!!

I'm curious.. there's a scene where some blocks or something fall over and you get upset. Is that whining and crying how you always are, or is it an act? Are those types of emotional problems common with ABs?

I am only representing myself on saying this, but for me ya I get very emotional I have probly reached another level of ABs My new gf even sees that I am alot different then alot of ABs. She doesnt even classify me in that department, she clasifies me as having infantilism. Idk its kinda complicated for me to say how I act and feel sometimes. Every AB is different whether its a hobby or a lifestyle there is a huge range. I have said for me the role is my adult life, and u can ask anyone I rather be in some sort of infantile state more so then not. Just the way I am I guess, and I love my life so no need to change anything.

I think it's pretty ironic that Dr. Phil started the segment by talking about how he was going to treat this subject with dignity when, in fact, he treated the subject most jerkily and emphasized several times with facial expression and comment that he didn't think it was even worth talking about. He definitely portrayed the OP as self-centered and deranged. The statement, "This is what you have to look forward to," was especially offensive to me. Regardless of whether or not babybrett has balance to his relationships, was overly needed, or whatever, this comment was in reference to the fact that he was currently wearing diapers. That's just plain belittling. The whole clip only went towards reaffirming ABDLs as freaks and reinforcing heteronormative vanilla hegemony.

To clarify--my anger about this has nothing to do with babybrett or how "extreme" his desires were, nor whether or not his relationship demands are healthy (how can I know? who am I to judge with only a heavily biased presentation of it?), but with the way Dr. Phil used him to further an offensive, pro-"normal" position that leaves casual viewers more close-minded then when they tuned in.

• Like 1

I think it's pretty ironic that Dr. Phil started the segment by talking about how he was going to treat this subject with dignity

That stood out to me also, thanks for bringing it up. Dr. Phil mentioned not wanting to sensationalize, of course that sentiment is followed repeatedly by provocative sequences of video clips. He's an entertainer, peddling a freak show just like the guy at the county fair. He just packages it in a feel-good cloak of psychobabble.

• 11 months later...

Brett, Sometimes it takes awhile for things to sink in to me. I watched it four times on YouTube. Overall, I got the feeling Dr. Phil could not believe any woman would subject herself to this type of relationship. I think you have found one of the most caring and special women on the planet! You need to treasure this lady Brett and try to do what you can to keep her in your life.