LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Goodnites

I just bought goodnites for the first time in like a year and thus I can't remember the old ones as a point of reference. All I can say is they are now softer on the outside. I was just wondering if someone can give me a comparison between these and the older ones. P.S. this is about the girl goodnites if that makes any diffrence

They tend to change about once a year. Yeah, last years model wasn't as soft you do have that much right.

Goodnitesboy12--You're partially correct. I think that you're confusing last year's model with 2009's model whenit comes to softness though. You're correct that new GoodNites are introduced once a year though.

I just bought goodnites for the first time in like a year and thus I can't remember the old ones as a point of reference. All I can say is they are now softer on the outside. I was just wondering if someone can give me a comparison between these and the older ones. P.S. this is about the girl goodnites if that makes any diffrence

Thickpadding--the gender shouldn't make a difference when your comparing identical GoodNites from the same year. It actually sounds like you may be comparing the ones from 2009 to a more recent model though--I'll see if I can clear some things up for you.

First, there is no "2012 model" of GoodNites, at least not yet anyway--I wouldn't be surprised if they show up at some point in the summer though. This means that you've either purchased the "2011 model" or the "2010 model.," both are similar to each other, but different from previous models. Below are some of the key differences between each model. I'm assuming that these are the L/XL size--if they're the S/M size, the description of the graphics may be incorrect.

The 2011 model: Is mostly purple and has two sets of graphics--one is butterflies and peace signs, and the other is hearts. The packaging has "Cool New Designs" written on it inside of a green colored shape on the front of the package. There are 12 GoodNites in the Jumbo pack, and 20 GoodNites in the Mega pack if you've purchased this model. These are very soft and discreet, and similar to the 2010 models that they replaced. These were very quietly introduced in late 2011.

The 2010 model: Is mostly purple and has two sets of graphics--one is hearts and the other is butterflies. (The 2011 models use different graphics with similar objects.) The 2010 models were available well into 2012. The bottom of the original packaging for these designs was two shades of orange. In 2011, the packaging was changed and added a five-point start to the front, (I think it said something like "trusted night time protection inside of it,) clothing sizes, and a sample of one of the designs. The actual GoodNites remained unchanged though, and were identical to the ones in the previous packaging. The 2010 model was a major redesign of the GoodNites line--from what I can tell, KCWW was trying to make sure that they didn't lose customers to P&G's UnderJams, so they made GoodNites softer and quieter. They also changed the name from "GoodNites Underpants" to "GoodNites Underwear." These were introduced on the GoodNites website in April 2010, but they didn't really make their way to most store shelves until June 2010. Unlike future models, the 2010 models featured 21 GoodNites in the Mega pack.

The 2009 model: is primarily white and features bright purple butterflies on it. These were the first GoodNites to use the "faces" packaging. The bottom right hand corner featured a very small sample of the graphics, and the back of the packaging was similar to previous designs. The GoodNites were similar to previous models though--they were still mostly white, and they still had the old style sides. They weren't "loud," but they were louder than the 2010 or 2011 models. These were first officially introduced on the GoodNites website in April 2009. Unofficially, KCWW accidentally packaged some of the new GoodNites into the 2008 packaging, and a few stores put them on shelves in late December of 2008, so they were technically available four months before they were supposed to be in very limited quantities.

I hope this is useful. Also, if you have the packaging to any of your GoodNites, you should be able to find which model you have. Look for the copyright date--it's near the warnings to keep plastic bags away from children. Once you find it, add another year to it and you'll have the year the GoodNites were released. The 2009 models have a 2008 copyright date, the 2010 models have a 2009 copyright date, and the 2011 models have a 2010 copyright date and so on. You can also look at the actual GoodNites, which will also have a date stamped onto them--it's usually around where the side panels are attached and runs vertically along a seam. (It may be hidden under a piece of woven plastic, so look carefully.)

On some brands, gender makes a difference in where the extra padding is placed--boys in front; girls underneath. Other than that, the gender issue is probably just in the design on the outside or the color choice.