LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

During The Day But Not At Night?

Last June I had TURP surgery because I was having such frequent urges. None of the meds helped and one class of drug made me horribly dizzy.

I was having a lot of near misses and having to run to get to the bathroom. My fondness for diapers and a habit of wearing fairly often helped because I was often in diapers anyway. Once or twice though, I just couldn't make it and wet myself when I wasn't wearing diapers.

Since the surgery, frequency has not been an issue but I can't trust myself not to wet on a drive of even 45 min to an hour. I feel the urge and I'd better be near a toilet. If I'm standing up running water, or even pumping gas, it's a good thing I'm wearing a diaper. Sometimes it really seems like I don't really even notice the urge - or I feel it and am immediately letting loose. I can be in mid-conversation with someone and even if I could excuse myself and run I'm not sure I'd make it.

Here's what I think is strange, though. While I can't make it to the bathroom in time during the day, I never wet at night. I've been wearing Depend pullups in case (and 'cause I like to) but I'll wake up. Whenever I wake up, I have to go into the bathroom and sit and drip at least or I won't get back to sleep. Even when I diaper up heavily at night for my own 'amusement' I struggle to wet while I'm in bed.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I do consider that some of the daytime problem may actually be in my head, but I really can't say for sure. What do you think?

Thanks for anyone's insight.

could be that since you produce less urine at night, there is less pressure on your bladder to void. Urgency is when your body notices that it has a set amount of urine that it needs to void, and doesn't give you much time to get it out. Since this set amount is less likely to be obtained at night, there is less likelihood that you are going to find yourself in an urgency situation at night. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just means that it is less likely.

i do have somewhat of a gut and i am told that pushes down on the bladder, the fact that at night you dont have as much of a proble is because you are not drinking any fluids and also there is less pressure on the bladder when yopu are laying in bed, if you notice that as soon as you get out of bed you really have to go

I should lose an easy 20 lbs. Often when I stand out of bed, there is still no urge but 99% of the time I'll sit on the toilet and start to pee. During the evening I do usually have a couple large glasses of juice and/or iced tea, so it isn't that I haven't been drinking anything.

I'm not so much looking for the 'why' or how to 'cure' it (I've got a urologist who has bizarre ideas on how to help...no Botox, thanks and I'm not up for any implants!).

I was just wondering if my situation is common or not so common.

Still, I do appreciate your input. It is helpful.

Frankly there is a small part of me (only a small part) that would almost trade wetting at night for the extra sleep I could get. I don't think my sleep issues are bladder related though so there isn't necessarily a direct connection.