LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bill Maher Vs. Rush Limbaugh

And until we can get a Democrat who can truly embrace true growth in manufacturing, they are the greater evil directly to me. I'm going to give my real life example. I have worked for one company run by a liberal and one run by a conservative. One (company #1) offered better pay, did things to the book, offered better benefits, and put me on a clear, forward moving path. The other has lousy pay, bad benefits (which thankfully they pay mostly for), derailed my career, and is stuck 50 years in the past. Company #1 was the one run by conservatives and the other, who I currently work for, is run by liberals.

Um, right, I do not quite know how you reasoned that. If I remember correctly, the company you work for builds machinery for mining and processing coal. The problem is nobody really wants coal for energy anymore. Part of the problem is we all know there is no such thing as clean coal, something touted by both candidates, including Obama, during the 2008 presidential campaign. I said this already, because your industry is being phased out and replaced by natural gas. These are where the government subsidies are and these are where the major energy companies are going. Recently, they have already shut down several coal processing facilities. So, yeah, no matter what company you work for in the coal industry, I can bet it will be tough. Well, at least you will still have coking facilities, but even steel production is falling too. Overall outside of your perspective, there has actually been an increase in manufacturing jobs. I believe 31,000 manufacturing jobs were added this last February and 37,000 manufacturing jobs this last month according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. That is certainly better then where we were, but definitely not good enough. I believe it has only been rising since January 2010, which was a low point for manufacturing in the U.S. due to the recession and outsourcing. In fact, the last time manufacturing jobs were added was way back in 2000. So, maybe Obama is doing something good for manufacturing now, but it could be too hard to tell yet. We will see, but I have not seen anything from the Republican side on manufacturing jobs. I believe they are too caught up with their social issues agenda, which, wedge issue or not, scares me away from the Republican party and completely ruins their conservative message. Why didn't they just keep their mouths shut on issues like women's health.

Also, I like (sarcastically) how you pivot with Ed Shultz as I recall him not being the main focus of this discussion. I don't like him either as he is a bit too extreme and he does get carried away much like Rush, but at least he apologized for the language he has used in the past. That said my conservative friend, I would not mind having both of the air, lol.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We build components for machines for the coal mining industry (among others including oil fields and "green energy" and more I don't even know where the final product is used).

According to ISM, it's something like 32 or 34 months growth in manufacturing. And it actually doesn't feel like it, except a few venodrs say they are busy.

You're right about the social agenda. I'm actually sick of hearing about it (and here is where I deviate from conservatives). I'm sick of hearing about how gay marriage ruins the sanctity of marriage or it threatens heterosexual marriage (my wife and I agree our marriage isn't lessened or threatened because homosexuals can marry). I'm sick of hearing about the Trayvon Martin case (if Zimmerman was told not to chase him, it's murder, if Zimmerman shot him in the back, he shouldn't have any standing under the Stand Your Ground Law and it's murder as someone running away from you is not threatening you at that time). I'm sick of hearing about Sandra Fluke (and I'm waiting for someone ACTUALLY a conservative to answer my question above which is hard to explain the logic behind it when I am waiting for that answer). Abortion isn't the issue right now (I'm against abortion itself but am Pro-Choice based on the fact that what you do is between you and your Higher Power or moral code) that needs to be addressed. All 535 members of the House and Senate need to work on the economy right now. It has to come first. If our economy fails, it doesn't matter where in our current political spectrum we are, because we will either end up under a dictatorship or with anarchy.

And Ed Schultz is more relevant because he has similar outlets as Rush. Comparing a radio talk show host to another is comparing apples to apples more than a mid-day talk show host to a late night cable comedian (even if Schultz has a TV show). But Schultz' appologies must not be sincere as he continues to toe the line of decent (even on his noon eastern radio show). And yes, radio would be better without them both.

And Cuomo is a Democrat. I'll admit his name struck fear in my area (as the people I know remember his dad as Governor of New York State), but he is doing some great things for us and his record is speaking for itself here.

And Ed Schultz is more relevant because he has similar outlets as Rush. Comparing a radio talk show host to another is comparing apples to apples more than a mid-day talk show host to a late night cable comedian (even if Schultz has a TV show). But Schultz' appologies must not be sincere as he continues to toe the line of decent (even on his noon eastern radio show). And yes, radio would be better without them both.

No. You're comparing an apple to an entire orchard. Rush has orders of magnitude higher circulation and is, as you keep ignoring, repeatedly being asked to act as the spokesperson for a major political party

If you think he isn't hurting the party, you haven't been watching the polls on how the discourse that he propagated is driving voters away from the Republican party.

really this whole issue is kind of simple to put it plainly all political talk show host are terrible and the people listening to them are even worse. wheter liberal or conservative the people following these shows are nothing but sheep and the people like rush are the sheperds who don't care one once for actually informing the people on political issue but instead using propaganda and fear mongering to bost their ratings which is why I avoid any kind of opinion political talk show and I'm also not to big on political satier in the media either because there are undoubtly people out there mornic enough to follow the paradodys as if they were fact but at the same time they, being the writers and comedians, are just trying to entertain people with humor at the expense of politcal figures most of whom are deserving of a bit of scoff. I'll finish off with this while both parties are terrbile and I wish we had followed the great George Washington's warning of the dangers of political parties I do believe as a rule the democrats tend to be the lesser of two evils only because they try to be humanitarians which is what makes humans human, our compassion and emphathy for others republicans are usually too althuristc on this point thinking anything humanitarian is just a bunch of hippi comunists trying to save the lazy bums of the world at the cost of the working american but I can't reason this and to make a controversal statement communism in and of its self, at its most base level, is just an attempt to make everyone fair and equal and to eliminate poverty which is a great idea the problem is that it can't be well emplemented which is why the ussr and other communist states are vile and corrupt because to acheive this noble goal horrific totalitaren measures must be taken.to borrow a qoute from Helder Camara “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.

Alexandra and Diaper Mike, I do not blame the parties all that much for it was set up to supply politicians, with similar beliefs, campaign financing and a platform to run on. Without them, only the very rich would be able to run for office. In this case, the blame rests solely on the Constitution, because you certainly cannot blame the players of the game for playing by the rules. The screwy campaign laws and the way we elect people (except political party caucuses/primarys) is all based off of the Constitution.

It is my belief we should revamp the way we elect politicians. Get rid of the electoral college so there is none of that swing state nonsense. Most importantly, significantly change campaign financing and election processes.

Diapered Jason it is the parties fault for suppuling people with an easy path to an opinion based not on the individuals own thoughts and opinions but on partisan bases and while i don't nessecarliy disagree with you on the problems with the electoral college the alternative is to be a direct democracy which we can't be there are a few major reasons we're a republic:

1. it'd be impossible to insure every citizan is informed enough to make wise judgements in elections which is why we have the elctorate.

2. there are too many people to account for each person in an election if every vote counted legistically it'd be a nightmare

3. direct democracys are nice in theory and in a city like Athens it can work but for such a large and diverse populace it leaves too big a window for corruptions its much simpler to have a contained set of individuals who can be better watched for corruption than letting the whole country run wild.

And also while it wouldn't be easy or plassible to campaign with a limited budget theres no manditory cost for running for elections and standing on a connor soap box is free so while i get what your saying its not impossible to run with out partisan monteray backing.

That is a strange response.

I believe unlimited campaign spending and making deals to become you parties nominee are in the campaign rule book. Besides, even if you wanted to take away the parties directly, you couldn't, because the parties are actually separate from the government. The only thing you can do, and even that is difficult, is regulate campaign financing and make things far more transparent.

I do not understand your argument for the electoral college. A direct democracy is something I greatly oppose for this country and removing the electoral college would certainly not make us a direct democracy, because the politicians are still responsible for making the decisions once they are elected. We are not changing that in any way. I want to change the way we elect them. I want a system where everyone who runs for office is on a level playing field, even if they are not Democrat or Republican. Everyone who runs should have the opportunity to be heard just as much as the Democrat or the Republican nominee. It would also not be a logistical nightmare, because we count popular vote anyway to determine who wins what state. No change there either really.

By the way, standing on a soap box is not free.

ok I know the parties are seperate from the government I'n not saying its possible to get ride of them I'm saying it would be better had they never been created period but they were so yeah we're stuck with them. and fair enough I misunderstood your point but the first issue I stated is still there its not possible to insure that every citizen is educated and informed enough to make reasonable decisions in elections which is the reason the electoral college exist to act as a buffer for ignorance in the political process, and that not a dig at anyone in particular or even people with politicaly incorrect opinions but people who don't know what roles a politcal position has and who don't know anything about political candidates.

The party system is flawed, it is what made money the huge decider in elections to begin with, but the people who vote based on party are the biggest problem here. Now the country is slowly (state by state) enacting laws that force people to choose one party, and with only two parties ever getting any attention guess what happens to all other parties.

Anyone who votes based on party should lose their right to vote until they get a brain.

Guest diaperboykcmo

@poopydipes.. Fluke is a public figure, she testified in front of democrats.. Not congress!

She spoke at the Press Club, she went on the view, she directed everyone to Media Matters..

Not only is she a slut but she's also a public figure.. Sorry when someone want's the taxpayers to pay for her sex life! SLUT!!

@jason.. Rush has a talk show, he dosen't speak for the Republican Party, there have been many Republicans speak out against Rush. There is a double Standard. Maher donated 1 million Dollars to Obama's Campaign.

BHO goes out there and comments on the whole Fluke thingm but won't comment on Maher. HYPOCRITE! Then again that's what I expect from BHO

Oh yeah Jason Rush did not speak at the RNC, he spoke at CPAC!

diaperboykcmo please kindly Futue te ipsum! you have no right to call anyone a slut and by doing so you only dibase and dibunk any shred of crediablity you might have had, and further more her issue with birth control was about a medically neccary medicine which is far more than just a contraciptive for more info on this i'll refer you to the last few pages of the Obama forum because i don't have the patients to explain it hear but your wrong and you just sound like and ignorant extreamist saying crap like that. Its not a double standard because having a contribution and having a person be one of the leading voices for your party is two entirely differnet things like saying a person giving to charity is the same as the annoying person calling houses looking for a donations. Also of course he wouldn't comment on Maher because he's a commedian and the president has more important issues than disscussing some prig late night comedian's offensive jokes so lay off and drop the whole bho shit show some damned respect good or bad he is still your president call him Obama you only sound more ignorant when you use childish nicknames like BHO. and who are you to tell her not to voteTu es stultior quam asinus you should go live in a totalitearn state if you like taking away peoples right to vote and yeah i know she said to take away voting rights from idiots too but there a big differnces between that and saying someone by name should not vote you prick. efutue!

diaperboykcmo please kindly Futue te ipsum! you have no right to call anyone a slut and by doing so you only dibase and dibunk any shred of crediablity you might have had, and further more her issue with birth control was about a medically neccary medicine which is far more than just a contraciptive for more info on this i'll refer you to the last few pages of the Obama forum because i don't have the patients to explain it hear but your wrong and you just sound like and ignorant extreamist saying crap like that. Its not a double standard because having a contribution and having a person be one of the leading voices for your party is two entirely differnet things like saying a person giving to charity is the same as the annoying person calling houses looking for a donations. Also of course he wouldn't comment on Maher because he's a commedian and the president has more important issues than disscussing some prig late night comedian's offensive jokes so lay off and drop the whole bho shit show some damned respect good or bad he is still your president call him Obama you only sound more ignorant when you use childish nicknames like BHO. and who are you to tell her not to voteTu es stultior quam asinus you should go live in a totalitearn state if you like taking away peoples right to vote and yeah i know she said to take away voting rights from idiots too but there a big differnces between that and saying someone by name should not vote you prick. efutue!

Why did you respond like that? You are only giving him what he wants.

For everyone, no more foul language! No sluts, no pricks, no direct attacks at any member here.

annoyance however i'll point out out i do at least use a dead language for any major curses and even the ones i don't i tend to use the arcaic varriant like prick to prig only once did i use a modern curse word and slut wasn't my word it was his. still your right i should exercise some more controll in my response so i'll try to watch my tounge in the future and your right no direct attacks no matter the reason i got angry and didn't think it does me no credit to shink to the level of person attacks even if there directed at a person who's already at that level. that being said though i still firmly stand by my post though I agree could have and should have state my point more maturelly and for that i do appoligise

Guest diaperboykcmo

I shouldn't have said that, there's no reason we should call each other names. No matter how you act!

How is BHO childish, that's his name, just like GWB, George W Bush, I understand if that's beyond your thinking. It is kinda complicated, Alot of people think somehow that's a insult. How so?

Fluke knew Georgetowns policies, she went there just to try to make a big deal out of the contraciptive issue.

You can get free condoms at Plan Parenthood, if someone get's paid for sex, she's a prostitue. Some would even call them a slut.

Fluke wanting the tax payer to pay for her sex, that makes her a Slut!

I didn't read Obamacare, it's unconstitutional.. The Government can't make the citizens purchase anything.

It also violates the 10th ammendment

Fine call me whatever helps you sleep at night I have thicker skin than a word like cunt can pierce and i would consider GWB to be a childish name as well these men are the leaders of western civilization they deserve to have they're full names used. I'll admit I haven't follow the whole Georgetown issue thatclosely but i don't recall her ever being paid for sex and the issue isn't about preventing pregnancy if thats all the pills did i'd agree with you but the treat many other medical conditions if you want an indepth explantion of it go read the last few pages of the obama forum. and lets say for all in tense and purposes she is a "prostitue" you can use kinder and more scholarly words than slut like cortisan for example. and no it isn't uncostitutional the tenth ammendment is "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." and if you read the constitution the power to tax is delegated to congress and the federal government. and furthor more I'm sick of people throwing arround the word uncostitutional all the time there are only 9 people in this country who have the right to say what is unconstitutional John G. Roberts jr., Antonin Scalia, Anthony M. Kennedy, Clarence Thomas, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen G. Breyer, Samuel Anthony Alito jr., Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan thats it so unless your one of thoose people you can not declare something is uncostitutional

Guest diaperboykcmo

First off you started with the name calling, I just responded in kind.

She wants the American tax payers to pay for her sex life. She's a slut, or prostitue. I'm sorry if you have problems with the choice of my words, but that's on you!

The government can't force the citizens to buy anything. If somehow the Supreme Court rules in favor of Obamacare, I'll disagree 100%! If the Government can force you to buy this or get fined or go to jail, where do they stop! They can now tell us whatever they want, and force us to buy whatever they want!

If that's the way it is, that would make a different America then the one I grew up in!

I'll 100% disagree!!

Yeah and I appologised for the name calling, its not for sex for the last time its for other medical reasons in this case i believe it was ovarian cysts so stop trying to pretend its about so easy girl looking for a goverment handout its not. also fine keep using thoose words it only lowers my already poor opinion of anything you have to say. also the government isn't forcing you to buy anything they are forcing you to pay taxes and let me tell you if yyou have a beef with that you'd better go build a cabin on so deserted island because like good ol' Benjamin Franklin once said only two things in life are certain death and taxes. And america is differnt from the one you grew up in like Bob Dylan said these times are a changing.

Guest diaperboykcmo

You never apologized for the name calling!

I don't care what you think of me lol

Fluke is a activist, she knew the poilices of Georgetown, and she went there just to get them to change their policies

You're wrong BHO's own solicitor General said it's not a tax.

Guess you like just giving up your freedom

Supreme Court Justic Kennedy even said.. This would change the relationship between the Government and the Citizen

I don't know why i try so I'm gonna do the smart thing and give up on you though i will point out

I agree could have and should have state my point more maturelly and for that i do appoligise

so I did apologize. now goodbye

I don't know why i try so I'm gonna do the smart thing and give up on you though i will point out

so I did apologize. now goodbye

Give it up, he's either an extremely bad troll, or an extremely closed minded buffoon. I have yet to figure out which though.